Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Minister of Environment of the State of Brandenburg, purchase contract for GF4 grounds Berlin should be ready (via reddit/Bild Zeitung):
AFTER TESLA: BASF builds battery factory in Brandenburg for 500 million euros : teslamotors

Also, BASF is building a factory near GF4 site to produce cathode material for 300,000 EVs/year, not clear if related to GF4 though but kind of suspicious IMHO:
Nach Tesla: BASF baut in Brandenburg Batteriefabrik für 500 Mio. Euro

BASF was on the list of 17 companies we discussed yesterday that got a green light for subsidies from EU.

Can´t edit any more, lost something in my post: "According to Minister of Environment of the State of Brandenburg, purchase contract for GF4 grounds Berlin should be ready by the end of the week"

Yes, but times about eight!

Which makes me think the people manipulating this stock don't understand the dynamics very well. Either that or they think they can make it a "scary" stock by increasing the volatility.
Or likely they understand too well how to pump it up again for another roller coaster ride down on the Short Line RR Express. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, IMHO we are spamming this forum with the same excessive posts we always do when it heads yet again to $350 for the 20th time in 2 years. Not selling, but doing a small lowball buy order just in case.

Just an FYI. There has been talk about new construction at Shanghai. The work being done between the stamping press and the battery assembly is likely more battery space, or something else. As Karenrei noted, the press required a deep dig with concrete poured down at least 8-10 feet. I think people have tried to share the other clearing and prep for phase 3, but I'm not sure the idea is getting across. I'm posting a picture from November 29th and December 9th. You can see new ground clearing, which could be for phase 3, or parking for model 3 pickups. I'd guess assembly building #2. You can clearly see the ground is being cleared and prepped for some new phase of work, even if it is not clear what that will be. Hopefully Model Y, but exciting to see that Shanghai could be competing with Fremont for volume by the end of 2020.
I would also note that building one appeared to have room for side by side lines, so it can likely be expanded with more shifts and dual assembly lines.
View attachment 486858

I brought it up yesterday because of the last Jason Yang video which actually shows the ground being prepped and the comments on the video. We're still trying to piece it together

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

I think that circled section in your picture could be Phase 3 for Y since it's a mirror image of the model 3 plant. The currently in construction battery building is likely 2a. Then in your picture, you'll notice a square of land just underneath to the south of the battery building where the ground is already prepped. I think that's Phase 2b for the rest of the battery construction.

Just speculation on my part, but i feel like the youtube comments i linked earlier seem to fit pretty well with where they are moving dirt.

• Helpful
Reactions: dc_h and immunogold
Shorts are going to lose it once Tesla reveal delivery numbers, they have a few weeks left. Christmas won’t be fun for them and the New Years will be even worse. I’m patenting this terminology for some fun bantering, the “short Armageddon” is coming soon.
Well, now's the season of love but wth, soon we will have Chinese New Year. Dragons and firecrackers fun. :D

Could well be. Unfortunately its behind a paywall, anyone got a pacer account?

Docket for Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk, 2:18-cv-08048-SVW-JC - CourtListener.com

the last two items (161, 162) would seem likely candidates.

I still love that the court ordered the plaintiff to pay Musk's legal fees.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.723137/gov.uscourts.cacd.723137.160.0.pdf

This is the judge's order that invited Elon's team to recover litigation expenses from Unsworth:

Judgment – #160 in Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk (C.D. Cal., 2:18-cv-08048) – CourtListener.com

"IT IS ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that the plaintiff(s): Vernon Unsworth take nothing;
that the action be dismissed on the merits; and that the defendant(s): Elon Musk recover of the plaintiffs) its costs of action, taxed in the sum of to be determined by motion."​

This kind of order is AFAIK actually pretty rare in the U.S., and signals that the good judge was Not Happy with Unsworth's conduct...

Which probably explains this joint filing and why Wood caved so quickly:

#163 in Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk (C.D. Cal., 2:18-cv-08048) – CourtListener.com

"WHEREAS the parties have agreed to bear their own costs;
WHEREAS the parties have agreed to forego any appeals or other challenges related to the action;
WHEREAS the parties desire to have final judgment entered in the action, and have agreed to fully and finally resolve any and all claims, whether at law or in equity, whether known or unknown, that the parties may have against each other;"​

The "unclean hands" conduct by Unsworth, the insults that initiated it all, the predatory litigation by Unsworth, the apparent collusion with Buzzfeed, the cozy relationship with TSLAQ criminals, the weird circumstances of the "private investigator" who trapped Elon and the PI's contacts to Unsworth's law firm were IMO a big risk to Unsworth and his lawyers - not to mention the millions of dollars of litigation expenses.

Elon waived all that, and in exchange Unsworth waived all appeals and his UK litigation plans as well.

Full capitulation by Unsworth and his lawyers.

The End. :D

Last edited:
I wonder if Elon will ask for reimbursement of his legal fees? If I were him, I would not.
a) You're not.
b) Nor am I.
c) But it would be one powerful shot across the bow for any other pedo-guys vexatious litigants, to make him pay something for the time he cost. Let's say, oh I dunno, maybe 1/1000 of what he demanded himself? :cool:

Poetic justice. Almost epic. Meme-worthy in and of itself. (Not getting too graphic, mind!) ;)

EDITED: Should have read the previous post before hitting Send: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GOVA
This is the judge's order that invited Elon's team to recover litigation expenses from Unsworth:

Judgment – #160 in Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk (C.D. Cal., 2:18-cv-08048) – CourtListener.com

"IT IS ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that the plaintiff(s): Vernon Unsworth take nothing;
that the action be dismissed on the merits; and that the defendant(s): Elon Musk recover of the plaintiffs) its costs of action, taxed in the sum of to be determined by motion."​

This kind of order is AFAIK actually pretty rare in the U.S., and signals that the good judge was Not Happy with Unsworth's conduct...

Which probably explains this joint filing and why Linn caved so quickly:

#163 in Vernon Unsworth v. Elon Musk (C.D. Cal., 2:18-cv-08048) – CourtListener.com

"WHEREAS the parties have agreed to bear their own costs;
WHEREAS the parties have agreed to forego any appeals or other challenges related to the action;
WHEREAS the parties desire to have final judgment entered in the action, and have agreed to fully and finally resolve any and all claims, whether at law or in equity, whether known or unknown, that the parties may have against each other;"​

The "unclean hands" conduct by Unsworth, the insults that initiated it all, the predatory litigation by Unsworth, the apparent collusion with Buzzfeed, the cozy relationship with TSLAQ criminals, the weird circumstances of the "private investigator" who trapped Elon and the PI's contacts to Unsworth's law firm were IMO a big risk to Unsworth and his lawyers - not to mention the millions of dollars of litigation expenses.

Elon waived all that, and in exchange Unsworth waived all appeals and his UK litigation plans as well.

Full capitulation by Unsworth and his lawyers.

The End. :D

It would have looked bad for PR if Elon opted to have his legal fees paid anyway... so best outcome for him.

Positive Tesla-Europe rumor coming tomorrow!

Morten Grove on Twitter

Someone please become his patron ($18) to get the inside scoop and tell us if we should be excited.

I would be more excited about the nice TSLA share price action we've seen building the last two days than any "rumor" the blogger has for his "$18 patron supporters". It looks like TSLA is at the beginning of a potentially rip-snorting bull run. I suspect there are some long-standing shorts that figure it's a bad idea to try to ride out their position through the end of Q4. Who knows how good it might get.

This could be amazing!

It would have looked bad for PR if Elon opted to have his legal fees paid anyway... so best outcome for him.

Exactly, and the unknown but presumably very high litigation costs that Unsworth's lawyers avoided by capitulating should scare future litigants more than any specific figure they'd spend years fighting over ...

So this is the best possible outcome for Elon IMO, and standing ovation for Quinn Emanuel LLP and Alex B. Spiro in particular!