Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Who else is going to join us?
I’m in. Finger twitching above the buy button.

First leak of the Early Access FSD preview feature:

IMG_20191223_090811.jpg

IMG_20191223_091219.jpg

As some have speculated here, it's a literal preview: it's on-screen rendering of stop signs, traffic lights and road markings.

This means the new, much larger FSD neural nets for HW3 have been activated, although they are not allowed to influence driving yet.

Last edited:
Without being a braggart, I strongly suspect that with the likely exception of @jbcarioca, I have known more high-profile CEOs than anyone else active on this forum.

And I can unequivocally and absolutely answer that question. Other than Mr Musk, I can count them on the back of my third hand.
There is one on my list, Soichiro Honda. I met him when he visited one of his first international facilities in Thailand, and immediately bought one of his first cars, an S600. Later I met him when he was was ‘retired’ ,at an aviation event. Had he been born in the 1960’s or later I could imagine him having the ability to do Musk-like things. He did innovate in many ways and was, even retired, passionate about increasing efficiency, practicality and simplicity.

No other person I ever met had any of that passion nor perspective.

First leak of the Early Access FSD preview feature:

As some have speculated here, it's a literal preview: it's on-screen rendering of stop signs, traffic lights and road markings.

This means the new, much larger FSD neural nets for HW3 have been activated, although they are not allowed to influence driving yet.

I was hoping for more but oh well. The lack of stardew valley in these release notes makes me think this isn't the sneak preview release thought.

I’m in. Finger twitching above the buy button.
Heh. I actually logged in to my broker and double checked if I have the order ready just in case I can't wake up in time.

**Edit: AAAAANd just as I suspect something went wrong. Limit GTC order got executed Friday because broker saw that 420 is higher than closing current price so it executed at the lower 410 for me. I forgot that they do attempt best effort matching.

So I ended up having to setup a contingency order and have the order hidden from the market until the price of $420.69 is reached. My broker is probably there thinking why does this guy want to lose money?

Take this as a lessons for those of you attempting this.

Last edited:
I don't see any legitimate governments stepping in to actively slow adoption of EV's. At least not in any significant fashion. Legitimate governments recognize the danger that global warming poses for their citizens (as well as every person on the planet). For those who think Russia has a legitimate government, I'll make an exception. They might do something like this. Not to protect whatever automaking they have, but to protect their interests in gas and oil. But I'm not considering them a legitimate government (even if they are recognized as such by the highest levels of our government).

so you don’t consider trump and the republican senate a legitimate government ? Putting an Exxon guy in charge of the EPA, fighting California’s ZEV, spreading doubt on the scientific process and climate change validity in general ?

Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Count me in too

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

In!

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought