Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Helpful
Reactions: JustMe
9CB5B64E-7213-46DD-BE09-90A79A9B1052.jpeg
Lol

More great info. Can you give me a source to real margin numbers with/without the R&D included in COGS and comparisons to OEMs? Do Teslas’s margins (of 20%+??) excluding R&D vs OEMs (of 10%+??) go to Tesla of 15% including R&D, still higher, or somesuch??

Can you help me learn how to look up the “real” numbers and do the math. myself?

Start by going to https://it.tesla.com. Under the section for SEC Filings. The official quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) reports are linked there. They're usually posted within 2 weeks of an earnings call.

Skip to the Consolidated Statement of Operations for the numbers, but I highly recommend you read and try to understand the whole report. You'll see that the shorts usually take their talking points by taking things out of context from these reports. It's so blatantly obvious that their claims are twisted, and yet people still believe them, because "it's in the SEC filings!"

I just returned from the factory. Was at Fremont Delivery Center 5:30 pm to ~7:30 pm. Factory ~8 pm to 12:30 am. There is twitch of what went on at my twitch user name "teslaruss".

I just finished "copying 529 items" of something else I will upload to youtube. ;-)

I need some tech help. Does anyone know how to easily combine 1 minute segments x 10 into 10 minutes?

I have the full Adobe Suite. What's the fastest way on a PC?

Russ

I just returned from the factory. Was at Fremont Delivery Center 5:30 pm to ~7:30 pm. Factory ~8 pm to 12:30 am. There is twitch of what went on at my twitch user name "teslaruss".

I just finished "copying 529 items" of something else I will upload to youtube. ;-)

I need some tech help. Does anyone know how to easily combine 1 minute segments x 10 into 10 minutes?

I have the full Adobe Suite. What's the fastest way on a PC?

Russ
GoPro Studio is free to download and much easier to use than Adobe Premier

26% uploaded, 32 minutes left... hope I don't fall asleep! :-(
sending 12.5 Mbps via Comcast will take awhile. Eating hot soup and working on the complete video while I wait...

Still uploading. Paused my Google File Stream because it is syncing 5,565 files from my old Google Drive eating up the bandwidth.

Okay, 1,916,647 KB time to upload to my YouTube channel. ;-)

Worked fine. The good data starts at 4:40 into this 10 min video I am about to upload to YouTube. Then I will add the left and right repeaters. :) When I do that, I will trim the beginning off the final video. It will be: front, left, right, back in that order. ;-)

Duh. Setting doesn't matter it auto-adjusts to what you give it so we are good. :)

Am doing "front" first to test it, but left and right repeaters will provide us the most data... ;-)

GoPro Studio is free to download and much easier to use than Adobe Premier

Okay assume GoPro Studio supports windoze. I've used A.P. before I'm running that now. Learning curve for GPS probably will take longer. I can just drag-and-drop each of the 1 min clips in order I think...

Finding 1280 x 960 frame size now...

No 1280 x 960 on my version of Adobe, downloading GoPro Studio now thanks for the tip!

GoPro Studio installed... (wait until you all see what I captured before I left tonight... ;-)

Account created...
Hmmm... only support "GoPro Media" files... Back to Adobe! (Will use larger frame size bigger than 1280 x 960)

36 frames per second. My car is 9/28/2018 so its the old board haha. This seems to be the closest in A.P.:

General
Editing mode: RED Cinema
Timebase: 29.97fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 2048h 1024v (1.0000)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence
Total video tracks: 3
Master track type: Stereo
Audio Tracks:
Audio 1: Standard
Audio 2: Standard
Audio 3: Standard
Audio 4: Standard

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kbM3
Happy 2020 y’all! Congrats to those who stuck with this wild ride called TSLA :)

Any predictions for TSLA in one year from now? I go first: I predict $550 (and of course the full set of wild swings in between)

$543.83 which is +30% above 2019 close. As long as we close higher at end of 2020, I will be happy, as I pulled the trigger to convert about half of my retirement account holdings from 401k to a Roth IRA and pay a lot of extra taxes in 2019. (I started buying in 2011 and 2012 and added since up to $299/share.)

In ten years or so when it is part of retirement income, any stock I sell will be tax-free in the Roth, which is why I did this. I debated converting stable REIT dividend-payers, but went with high-growth TSLA instead...