Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gene Munster just said that Tesla is just as important a company as Netflix - if not more important - and if Tesla's market cap was the same as that of Netflix, TSLA would be $900 - and it's not unreasonable to expect that.
Plus, you can now watch Netflix in a Tesla and you can watch a Tesla on Netflix! Simultaneously even!

I think the 2020 year-to-date chart is a good indication of where things are headed the rest of this year and next because, except for Q1, we're likely to see new production and delivery records quarter after quarter with GF3 coming online, then Y spooling up soon thereafter. Lots of additional tailwinds with those 2 big catalysts as TE continues ramping, FSD progresses, etc.

Very much appreciate all the great info & analysis provided on this forum over the last two years since i was lucky enough to find it. Gave me the confidence to invest an almost irresponsible portion of my net worth, hold and add to the position through last year's tribulations, and now begin reaping the benefits. StealthP3D provides a great perspective on riding the wave here on out having lived through this process several times already with other stocks. It's truly been a life changing experience to listen and learn here.

Now go Tesla!, you've still got a lot of work to do & a world to save...
upload_2020-1-3_12-59-51.png

Good gravy, this is the level of journalism???

Cash deliveries are the opposite of lease deliveries.

Cash deliveries increase revenue now, lease deliveries provide incremental revenue for X years (unless packaged and resold).

what do you expect? its easier to let your emotions and hatred get in the way instead of just performing basic journalism

has to have been posted before but it is what I always think of when I hear his name!
but I doubt he is actually a man lol

Kolodny..she blocked me in Twitter and I don't even really tweet. I think I did ask why she writes lies though..oops
You should have asked her why she blocks people more intelligent than she is.

What I find astonishing from that article is that Tesla isn't absurdly far away from comparable deliveries... I still think of them as a startup as auto manufacturers go, but (2019 totals):

GM: 2.89M
Toyota: 2.38M
FCA: 2.2M
Honda: 1.61M
Ford: ??
Nissan: ??
Tesla: 367,500

The "startup" is already at 23% of Honda, almost 13% of GM. With GF3 coming online, GF4 getting underway, Model Y imminent and more new models coming... At what point can we no longer put "startup" and "Tesla" in the same sentence?
When they start selling vehicles on Mars. I hope I am alive on the day another car company is announced as trying to enter the Martian vehicle market. Maybe a Toyota HFCEV? LOL

Lora a mouth piece for Einhorn, follow the money.

Lora should read the delivery report. It literally says "Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct." I don't think that wording has changed.

The post count of this thread is not increasing as fast as previous $10+ moves. I think we are collectively suffering from victory lap fatigue.

That illustrates the nature of compound growth. A $10 move on a $200 stock is not the same thing as a $10 move on a $400 stock.

It's going to take a LOT more than a little move from $180 to $445 (less than 150%) to cause me to suffer from victory lap fatigue! Maybe when we are in the quadruple digits we can revisit this conversation. Not at $1000, maybe around $1800 or $2200. I want to see it gap up $100 dollars overnight. $10 dollars? I'm dead serious, please knock off the silly statements!

Too much optimism here. I am not surprise on the delivery beat. taking some profit.

Hey - we're not throwing darts.....some of us here have done our homework. The earnings report releasing later this month will be epic.
I bought more shares yesterday and today. If you're selling tomorrow...I'll buy your shares too. :)

Hey - we're not throwing darts.....some of us here have done our homework. The earnings report releasing later this month will be epic.
I bought more shares yesterday and today. If you're selling tomorrow...I'll buy your shares too. :)
I believe years to come will be epic. I've been investing in TSLA as long as I been a member here. I don't think I am not doing my homework.

I believe years to come will be epic. I've been investing in TSLA as long as I been a member here. I don't think I am not doing my homework.
that is almost not long enough. hope you did some older homework too
I think 2013 was a bad time to take profits.
Expect now is the same. you could get lucky... I covered everything I ever put in the market on some jumps in 2013, I thought it would dip under $100 again back then. sure there are plenty of others with some similar experiences.
might hit $400 again,. more likely $550 and never below $420 again
just wildass guesses but with Shanghai and the other facilities now there is no real risk of a Bay Area catastrophe destroying Tesla (& Tesla is getting production out of CA more too for the CA haters) I think that may have been keeping it down too a little. / but I don't know, just drive fast :p

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
Too much optimism here. I am not surprise on the delivery beat. taking some profit.

could be, but it's hard to understand what stops Tesla's momentum up through the earnings report. By then, we will be well into Q1 and Tesla might be able to give some better guidance.

Zero competitors in sight and Model Y is racing towards a delivery date at some point this year. Possible S&P 500 index addition after April earnings report. Maybe by June?

I could see a lot of profit taking. A bunch of people here sold in the low three hundreds. Probably more selling now as this is another $100 run up.

Macros seem to be a bigger risk at this point. I'm holding shares so little risk to me to keep seeing how this could turn out.