Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it was discussed. While. I. Was. Sleeping!

Geez, don't you people ever sleep? :D

We use a tag-team strategy so we don't miss anything. ;)

Just kidding, we are no longer struggling in a four-cylinder car with barely enough power to make it over the mountain pass, we are in an electric mining truck, descending the grade with full regen in force.

e-dumper.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

I believe years to come will be epic. I've been investing in TSLA as long as I been a member here. I don't think I am not doing my homework.

Fair enough - you've been in the stock and on this board longer than I have.
However, there's reason to be optimistic. If not now, when?
Q4 earnings should be above $2/share on a gaap basis - the highest ever. I guess will see soon enough.

could be, but it's hard to understand what stops Tesla's momentum up through the earnings report. By then, we will be well into Q1 and Tesla might be able to give some better guidance.

Zero competitors in sight and Model Y is racing towards a delivery date at some point this year. Possible S&P 500 index addition after April earnings report. Maybe by June?

I could see a lot of profit taking. A bunch of people here sold in the low three hundreds. Probably more selling now as this is another $100 run up.

Macros seem to be a bigger risk at this point. I'm holding shares so little risk to me to keep seeing how this could turn out.

I agree to all the points. However, stock does not run in a straight line. I accumulate soon enough. I have been selling some at some point to add more when they go down. When I see too much optimism, it scares me. When I see large number FUD, I buy in. I learned a lot from this forum.

Especially when some of us had to endure this growing up:

Not funny, I can tell you...

Being born in rural Shropshire, at the age of 11 our headmaster announced that the school was to do a maypole dance demonstration at the annual agricultural show (the biggest such event in the country). He asked for volunteers, of course none of the lads wanted to do such a girlie thing and the whole year (was only 30 of us, small school) got detention until enough came forward for the event. Faced with detention or poncing around a pole, tied with ribbons, I chose the latter... Was actually life-changing, I think.

Last edited:
People, I give you a visualisation of barrels being scraped:

View attachment 496091

Doesn't Lora Kolodny know anything?

Obviously, "cash deliveries" are those cars that people actually paid for and "deliveries" include all those plus the cars Tesla gave away for free to homeless people as part of a tax avoidance scheme. Sheeesh! :rolleyes:

I agree to all the points. However, stock does not run in a straight line. I accumulate soon enough. I have been selling some at some point to add more when they go down. When I see too much optimism, it scares me. When I see large number FUD, I buy in. I learned a lot from this forum.
That works well when it was range bound.
What we have been discussing for a while and seems to agree on, is we are in a legitimate breakout, and it’s not really wise to do that when it has not found the new range yet.

Last edited:
Well, since I got pulled to the South Bay I figure I’d do all us hooligans a favor and cruise by the factory to supercharge. They may have distributed them already because from the showroom I see no abnormal excess inventory.

I also noted something else bullish besides the free coffee- the image says it all. No bankwuptcy this quarter! (Actual image from the Fremont me...err monkey’s restroom.)

570D3CB2-E91E-4FF4-BF81-CB58766A4DC7.jpeg

I also left some suggestions for Elon on a banana peel, but I don’t think the staff took it seriously. Like monkeys can own stock in something besides Chiquita! :rolleyes:

(Edit- just heard a sales staff say no cars available for test drives as all were sold!)

Last edited:
Oh my god, you guys - I actually opened the eyes of a Tesla doubter!

Guy was sure the Tesla delivery report was a lie because he saw pictures of parking lots full of Teslas. I educated him about logistics etc. He was surprised to learn Tesla doesn’t have dealerships. I said it’s great because online buying with fixed pricing was a MUCH better experience... he wandered off lost in thought.

lesson is to be respectful and kind to doubters .. some of them are future Tesla owners

Excellent, and just proves a point I made 1.5 years ago, and that was the model 3's noisy interior was due in part to the glass roof. On that post, I received 'dislikes' which surprised me bcos it was just common sense.
My understanding of noise isolation is that generally, mass is key, followed by materials that absorb noise, and air sealing. I won't hazard a guess as to how much of the noise is because of the glass roof, but it definitely contributes more than a standard roof.

Where is that glass patent for the Teslaquila bottle Elon was talking about. I could use some now and one bottle to put away for that day in 10 years when I sell my first share,, its going to be a celebration..
10 years? I'm banking on Ark's 5 year/6k SP case. ;)

Too much optimism here. I am not surprise on the delivery beat. taking some profit.

I've been investing in TSLA as long as I been a member here. I don't think I am not doing my homework.

When I said that greed and love of money were counter-productive, I did not mean to imply you shouldn't try to get as much of it as possible! :)

congrats to those that bought calls prior to the p&d report.
didn't participate because i thought the IV has ran up and is very high.
was anticipating the IV will drop big after p&d report gets out and drag options prices with it.
IV dropped a bit but not much. i guess IV will stay high until ER.
anyway, good to see robinhood ownership didn't drop much after reaching ATH. we have hodlers!
upload_2020-1-3_13-35-46.png