Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? As an investor, I'm far more interested in the rate of growth than the absolute sales. Show me a company with continuously shrinking sales and I'll show you a company that is declining in value.

So, you value # of vehicles sold over revenue? Because Ford's revenue will increase based on selling a higher proportion of more expensive vehicles. But regardless, you're preaching to the choir - you don't see me over on the Ford investor forum do you?

Simply put, I'm not going to make fun of their sales figures or revenue when it dwarfs Tesla's currently. I guess I prefer to take the more humble route (not with my investment dollars though!).

The story can be found in the excellent collection Beyond the Aquila Rift - he's the best modern sci-fi writer I've found since the death of dear Iain M. Banks.

Iain M. Banks. Definitely my favorite sci-fi writer ever. Excession, The Player of Games and of course Consider Plebas. I can't quite believe no-one has picked up his material and started making epic movies, or a TV Series.

17M Goal Post is the entire US Market.

Not Ford. Ford US sales 2,422,698

BMW Group USA: 360,918 | Up 1.8%

Mercedes-Benz USA: 357,729 | Up 1.0%

Audi USA: 224,111 | Up 0.4%

Jaguar Land Rover USA: 125,787 | Up 3.0%

Volvo USA: 108,234 | Up 10.2%

Porsche USA: 61,568 | Up 7.6%

Other than Hyundai and Honda the Major OEMs were down in the USA.

It is funny to me that whatever the numbers are some want to interpret as utter doom for traditional brands.
You didn't attach a percent to Ford and my google-fu stinks. Was that an up or down for Ford?

From the article:
"The tough market could mean that Tesla sells just 21,000 China-built Model 3s this year, according to LMC Automotive".

Tesla sold about 14,000 Model 3 in just 2 months (Nov + Dec) in China.
What kind of forecasting gymnastics gets you to 21,000 in all of 2020?o_O

Wow, what a schedule for Elon. Last week he's putting the finishing touches on the bulkhead for Starship SN1, the hopefully first Starship to get into space (if not orbit). Tesla sold the first batch of MIC Model 3's last week. Tonight SpaceX launches 60 more Starlink satellites, making SpaceX the largest satellite operator in the world and tomorrow he'll kick off consumer sales of the MIC Model 3 in Shanghai and apparently\maybe the start of manufacturing of the Model Y.

Wow, what a schedule for Elon. Last week he's putting the finishing touches on the bulkhead for Starship SN1, the hopefully first Starship to get into space (if not orbit). Tesla sold the first batch of MIC Model 3's last week. Tonight SpaceX launches 60 more Starlink satellites, making SpaceX the largest satellite operator in the world and tomorrow he'll kick off consumer sales of the MIC Model 3 in Shanghai and apparently\maybe the start of manufacturing of the Model Y.

Not to mention announcement of record deliveries for Tesla on an annual and quarterly basis.

Slacker

It's all fraud though - don't you read Twitter?

Also he spent New Year's Eve delivering cars with his mom. :)

I hope someone passes this message to Elon: Please do not repeat the going private drama. It would hurt longs who have out of money Calls, and it would help shorts who sold those Calls.

Baron Partners Fund Retail Shares (BPTRX) supposedly has 5% in SpaceX and 10% in Tesla. I bought a little bit, but I think the fund has drawbacks for me: it holds too little SpaceX and Tesla, and fee is around 2% a year. I would rather directly hold TSLA shares.

What we need is a fund like the above but buys 50% TSLA and 50% SpaceX, don't rebalance. 0.2% management fee. Make this a simple buy and hold fund, no share lending to the shorts. This would gradually take away shares.

Normally, a professional short would set a hedge or stop loss as protection. For TSLA, many shorts think it's a car company selling so few cars, and losing money, so they thought there is a ceiling how hight this can go. So they think it's unnecessary to set protection.

If I wait long enough won't they just go bankrupt? :cool::p:confused::(:mad: /s

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash