Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will revisit within 18 years. I don’t think it will be done by charging batteries in pitstops, though. Endurance racing is one of the very few advantages petrol refueling has over electric vehicles right now. It should be one of the last hold outs (ignoring long distance air transport too). I think 18 years will be somewhat close.

Maybe a battery pack that can go the full race distance without recharge... I will have to think about feasibility of that some more. While maintaining over 200mph race average too of course...
Very hard to imagine that's remotely possible in the near future. The energy density would be astronomical. No reason pro-racing vehicles couldn't do battery swaps in about the same time that a pit stop currently takes. Heck, make the driver compartment clip onto a brand new skateboard with fresh batteries and tires.

Of course AI will soon enough make human drivers a joke.

Reactions: capster
Credentials don’t mean jack if you’ve got a bat in your belfry.

It’s one thing to be book smart.

It’s a completely different thing to understanding money and investing which requires intuition, common sense, intelligence, humility to know when you are wrong, and some luck.

Having gone to Harvard, I feel like I really understand this phenomenon well. Amazing pedigrees don’t guarantee financial success. My guess is there is very little correlation. In fact overconfidence espoused by previous accolades could be detrimental.

That’s why for the most part I dont obscess where my kids go to school.

Not necessarily. As others noted, blocklist locks them in in their bubble and severely restricts any information even remotely connected to reality that would be helpful for reassessing their position.

Are you implying that it's not really dumb to purposefully create an information vacuum around your investments?

So that's one level of dumbness. But to look at a five year chart and not have covered back in the $300's takes "dumb" to a whole 'nother level! Maybe some other language has a word for this level of dumbness, but English is lacking here. Maybe the Russians have a word for this? ;)

It’s one thing to be book smart.

It’s a completely different thing to understanding money and investing which requires intuition, common sense, intelligence, humility to know when you are wrong, and some luck.

Having gone to Harvard, I feel like I really understand this phenomenon well. Amazing pedigrees don’t guarantee financial success. My guess is there is very little correlation. In fact overconfidence espoused by previous accolades could be detrimental.

That’s why for the most part I dont obscess where my kids go to school.
There is definitely little to zero correlation between intelligence and wealth.

Are you implying that it's not really dumb to purposefully create an information vacuum around your investments?

So that's one level of dumbness. But to look at a five year chart and not have covered back in the $300's takes "dumb" to a whole 'nother level! Maybe some other language has a word for this level of dumbness, but English is lacking here. Maybe the Russians have a word for this? ;)
Probably, but nobody dares to speak it in case it is reported to VIP (you-know-who) ;)

There is definitely little to zero correlation between intelligence and wealth.

i am friends with lots of millionaires through one hobby and lots of lowlife borderline hobos through another, and i can honestly say, if anything, in my experience the correlation between money and intelligence is negative if it exists at all.

i am friends with lots of millionaires through one hobby and lots of lowlife borderline hobos through another, and i can honestly say, if anything, in my experience the correlation between money and intelligence is negative if it exists at all.
That’s kind of an invitation to guess your hobbies.

I’ll go with yacht jousting and busking.
Am I close?

I do not know why short sellers have such a bad reputation here.

They are paying for my pension and they seem willing to give me a roadster as well for my forties.
Very generous folks...

While I despise the shorts for their dark, lying souls I have thanked them on this forum from time to time (including recently). I wouldn't have as many shares as I do if it had not been for their help.

From the article:
"The tough market could mean that Tesla sells just 21,000 China-built Model 3s this year, according to LMC Automotive".

Tesla sold about 14,000 Model 3 in just 2 months (Nov + Dec) in China.
What kind of forecasting gymnastics gets you to 21,000 in all of 2020?o_O

Why, paid forecasting of course !

I have a hard time interpreting comparative range differences as an iPhone moment. Then again, to me an iPhone moment is when a new product arrives, and a large swath of the population simultaneously experiences:
- "it's a new world - this new product reinvents or redefines it's market"
AND
- "I can't remember what yesterday's world was like. There is today and the future, and there is yesterday / the past, and I'm already having trouble remembering what yesterday / the past was like".

When I first got an iPhone, my reaction was "there is literally zero chance I will ever buy a flip phone again."

Today, there is literally zero chance I will ever buy an ICE car again.