Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just lucky with this, thanks to this forum, grabbing 10 Jan 21 $650's when the SP was around $200. This doesn't happen very often (and I still need to sell at some point), usually you'll lose your money. That's about it.

Ok. FFS would someone teach me about options. I'm long as hell but it seems like there's gold in them hills. lol

[

Me too, please. I am holding stock and making good money but no calls money lol.

Honestly, I'm scared as hell to buy calls now.
Anybody feels differently?

Still don't get the wall jokes...

@Lycanthrope is building secret entrances through the walls. I’ll always be basking on one of your islands that you’re not.

Airport parking structure at Stavanger Airport is burning down. According to the man who discovered the fire it started in an Opel Zafira diesel car. The garage doesn't have sprinkler system and gas tanks keep blowing so the fire department won't go in - just letting it burn down. The fire chief stated that both exploding gas tanks and EV batteries is a challenge.

Internet commentators go berserk like you can imagine.

Some people say that if all the cars were EVs then the fire would spread much slower and perhaps the fire department would have had time to stop it spreading. I have no idea myself. Except I know how fast gas explode when ignited.

Source 1: Public Broadcaster: Biler i full fyr i parkeringshuset på Stavanger lufthavn
Source 2: Norwegian EV Forum: Bilbrann stenger Stavanger Lufthavn Sola

Looks like an Opel Zafira started another garage fire too in Cork back in September:

Up to 200 cars remain trapped at Cork shopping centre after major fire | Newstalk

Attachments

• TSLA-420.jpg
    TSLA-420.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 68
I really disagree with that part. He ain't stupid. He did know well about every lie he said. It was just 'fashionable' to say crap about tsla so he just went the flow when everyone was doing it. He must have known what was going to change and how - it was not that hard to predict that the FUD would not last forever. He just admitted it early enough. Now he can safely ride on the new train - "Tesla is great and Elon can dance naked."

He has been a liar and a snake. He did not wake up, he always knew. He says anything which keeps his airtime going.

When EM said Cramer was a simulation - it was really deep.
Forget computer simulation, think simulation created by MM and Hedge Funds ( I realized this just a few weeks back). So in that respect, Cramer is just one of the faces of the financial market and their group think. Don't hate the playa, hate the game :)

I don't quite get why do you sell calls if you're a bull? Sell puts.

Well options are flexible, in order to take full advantage and learn I think one should try to try all kinds and keep an open mind. Different strategies work during different times.

The $460 call was sold when SP was hovering in the $200, to get some extra $$. At that time I took losses on Jan 20 calls and bought Jan 21/22 LEAPS. The money I got from this calls were used to buy more LEAPS.

If you already have assets bought @ 250, then better to Sell the Covered Calls.

I never thought TSLA will hit 460 on Jan 17 and hence I sold and never rebalanced/closed it. Now I rolled the calls to Jun 20 650 calls. So someone else really paid for the calls I closed today. (Even 2 weeks back, my calculations were it would not hit 460 before earnings. I was hoping it would expire worthless, and then I would sell covered calls again against the same assets)

Also, at another time when SP was higher, I sold Jan 17 520 covered calls for $10. I think these will expire(right now at $2) - so there is proof in the pudding - that sometimes some strategies work and some don't.

Also ATH, earnings etc with high IV is good time to be Seller (Calls or Puts) -- one should not be scared to take some Profits

~ Cheers

I can't say whether their speculation that the fire was caused by an EV is correct. I can however say that the location of the fire does not appear to be charging spaces.

There's only one set of chargers at the airport according to Plugshare - the upper-left orange (DC chargers) pin, at long-term parking. The others are hotels and the like.

View attachment 497686

The chargers are outdoors:

View attachment 497689

The fire, however, was indoors:

image-1.jpg

Again... still could have been an EV, even though it's not a charging spot; I have no clue where that rumour started. But what I can say is... unless Plugshare is wrong, it's not a charging space.

Info on car fire -- 100 meters from the airport terminal, 65 cars damaged. photos.

Police investigate cause of fire at Münster airport

Raging fire shuts airport in Stavanger

40 cars totally gutted. Gas tanks heard exploding. Parking garage probably will be torn down from the sound of it. No word on the cause but going be expensive and a lot of people's travels at a standstill.

Where did I ask for advice??? I was hoping to discuss the issues involved in evaluating the risk of the stock dropping between now and then.

Like, anyone actually have an idea of the profit to be reported for Q4? That will be a HUGE factor going forward. It doesn't matter how many cars you sell if you lose money on each one.

How is this not a valid question? I haven't followed every bit of his questions or the piling on, but if Tesla reports lower than Q3 earnings on considerably more deliveries that would certainly hurt things. If they actually post a loss, I for one am pretty certain the stock will tank hard. Let's not getting into calling valid questions FUD or bears in disguise or we risk sounding like the TSLA fan boys $TSLAQ thinks we are.

Now it is a bit of a silly question in that none of us knows what they will report, you can look at the available numbers and extrapolate but there are a lot of variables and mechanisms that can be used to move those numbers that make it all but impossible for anyone not in the know to posit anything. A lot of people (including here) were surprised at the Q3 profits. The fact that they delivered some cars in China in 2019 could allow moving some costs from Q1 to Q4 as previously speculated about, or maybe it allowed them to claim some depreciation. With the number of deliveries, I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't post a profit, but it may be smaller than we expect as they try to balance things.

My guess? They will post a $420 million dollar profit ::ducks::

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and wipster
Where did I ask for advice???

When you asked:

So when will the correction take place, before or sometime after the financials are reported?

It doesn't matter how many cars you sell if you lose money on each one.

Having looked at all your other posts on different threads today, I can say with conviction that if I were a moderator here I would suspend your posting privileges. 86 you. What you are doing is pretty obvious. And of no value to anyone here. It's more transparent than the finest optical glass.

mouse.jpg
Shortville is going nuts about an car fire in an airport garage in Norway or saying how bad they hated Elon's dancing. I haven't seen it yet but they are definitely hoping for some fatalities.

They were going nuts about SpaceX being a fake on a Ross Gerber Twitter post, I can't seem to find the twitter reference, but after searching found this. They saw something moving and were calling it a mouse :D

Last edited:
Where did I ask for advice??? I was hoping to discuss the issues involved in evaluating the risk of the stock dropping between now and then.

Like, anyone actually have an idea of the profit to be reported for Q4? That will be a HUGE factor going forward. It doesn't matter how many cars you sell if you lose money on each one.

new name, same trolls

According to an up-to-date report from vg.no no one is hurt in that fire (which is not contained and may destroy the building). A tracked, remote-controlled fire engine is being transported there, flights suspended:
Storbrann i parkeringshus ved flyplass: – Hele bygget kan kollapse
Machine translated section: "Fjellberg states that if the battery packs in the electric cars start to burn, the extinguishing work will be even more demanding. Then it will not be possible to extinguish with water."

I thought water was exactly what you were supposed to use on lithium-ion fires. Am I wrong? Again?

From what I know, it's that demand completely disappears in Q1. That Q1 is gonna be a sh*tshow. Supposedly bears are maintaining their short position, but have bought/will buy calls to protect themselves from Q4 earnings.

When the bears are buying calls, the thesis is awfully shaky isn’t it?

View attachment 497703

They were going nuts about SpaceX being a fake on a Ross Gerber Twitter post, I can't seem to find the twitter reference after searching but saw this. They saw something moving and were calling it a mouse :D

Oh, come on! Who are they trying to fool? Mice hitchhike on rockets all the time! :rolleyes:

Based on the closing action, there are still plenty of shorts waiting for an exit/new money looking for an entry. Both want the same thing, the lowest price possible. I'm guessing we might see a gap up in the morning.

Still think it's about 50/50 chance we get announcement of early Q4 earnings the week of Jan 20th-24th. Let's hope for the health of all shorts left that they don't announce a early Q4 earnings of Jan 15th...…….that really would cause quite the short squeeze

Last edited: