Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have we ever had an entire day so flat? the price hasn't budged more than a dollar since 10:15.

edit: jinx!

I wouldn't be surprised if the stock trades around $550 going into earnings. $100B market cap strikes me as the kind of number that would act as resistance until we get some material news to move the stock upward from there.

If macros / world events stay calm and we don't learn anything new going into ER (good or bad), I expect the trading to flatten out as people take up their positions and wait.

My favourite is the interior lights in the roof of my S. Lots of other brands have the interior light with a button next to it to turn it on or off. In the Model S, the light itself is the button. Very smart, so I expected other brands to copy this, as it is a simplified approach and easy to implement. I was wrong.

My 2011 Tacoma has the same, so let's not get crazy here.

Tesla stock rally ‘extremely unusual,’ analyst says

Typical drivel from Toni Sacconaghi - article by Claudia Assis.
More EVs and more solar, we all breathe cleaner air-including Tony. The unusual part is the car in front of you is a tesla, so you are not inhaling carbon monoxide. Lets get the Semi out.... Lets get as much support for Tesla, so they can expand solar and battery factories as well!

Tesla stock rally ‘extremely unusual,’ analyst says

Typical drivel from Toni Sacconaghi - article by Claudia Assis.

Toni Sacconaghi is still comparing Tesla with Ford, Daimler, and Fiat Chrysler. Tesla is the leader in this 10~20 trillion dollar sustainability transition (EV, autonomous driving, clean energy generation, energy storage). If a large fund wants to position for this transition (which they absolutely should), Tesla sits right in the center. It's current market cap is tiny relative to the addressable market.

Sacconaghi's comment is like 12 years ago, comparing Apple with Nokia with a conclusion that Apple was overvalued at $12.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stock trades around $550 going into earnings. $100B market cap strikes me as the kind of number that would act as resistance until we get some material news to move the stock upward from there.

If macros / world events stay calm and we don't learn anything new going into ER (good or bad), I expect the trading to flatten out as people take up their positions and wait.
so this should be at 100'000'000'000 / 179'130'000 = 558.25 USD

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger