Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. Website says 7 to 9 weeks for a model 3 here in BC. Our sales guy says at least that. We can’t order wifeys model 3 till we are back in the country. That puts us close to a deadline for a planned trip. I wonder if that time will drop once they start producing North American varieties towards March?

I know. First world problems.
Have your LEAF plans changed ?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think somebody was buying a lot of stock and was willing to pay $542/share, and Chuck and his dead brother were selling them borrowed shares at that price. Watch for @Papafox to note high levels of short selling today. Note this is a horrible trap for a "real" short, but for Chuck et. al. it's just a business expense.

How is that supposed to work?

That doesn't sound right. That would mean that they could only sell used Teslas...

Title paper work and sale is done in OH or IL now, then we go the Secretary of State and register. The title is still under the same owner. Same sort of thing as if you move.

So a sale to a person in MI would technically occur in one of the other states first. If MI were smart, they would have made Tesla do the sales in IL so MI would get the sales tax. If done in Ohio, OH gets the sales tax.

It looks to me like we will break through $550 within the hour. :)
No, but $556 will fall for the 1st time tomorrow.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-01-21.15-15.png

Cheers!

Actually today's action sort-of is really unusual. The broader markets tanked about an hour ago, but TSLA didn't so much as blip. Now it's shooting up again.
I’ve said this before but short sellers are not liking this action. If you think this is a good time to short this stock and 3 of your shorting buddies that have been in longer have to cover; they are screwing you over. Sooner than later you have to cover and now you are the over excited Tesla stock buyer pushing the price higher and higher.

Unintended acceleration story didn’t stick

oh yea and Q4 earnings look fun for shorts too.

I think shorts are being forced to back off today. They’ll be back but dangerous times for them.

EU deliveries pushed back to March now. Has anyone in EU been able to confirm this, and has this been discussed?

View attachment 502902

UK estimated delivery now showing March. With it being so close to February now and the usual lead time, this is hardly surprising. Assuming you use logic and realise there's no demand issue as well. Late last year it generally took 2-3 months after ordering before you'd get a Model 3 in the UK.

EU deliveries pushed back to March now. Has anyone in EU been able to confirm this, and has this been discussed?

View attachment 502902

Yes, I checked 4 countries for M3 and two for MS, all saying March.

So either demand is very, very strong, or Model Y production is hogging the lines :p Either way it's looking good

all just to appease the dealer groups to make it seem like they tried. That is hilariously convoluted and it makes no sense for Michigan to give up all that tax revenue. Morons.

Indeed. Nevertheless, I suspect that before too long the Michigan legislators will get tired of hearing complaints about the convoluted registration and tax procedures, and simply allow Tesla to do business in the state in precisely the same manner it normally does here in Illinois and many other states. Meanwhile, the dominoes may soon be toppling through other anti-Tesla states.

Short selling just needs to be banned. It causes all sorts of incentives for bad actions that lawmakers and regulators never thought of. It's insane that it's allowed.
I agree that shorting should be banned, but what about the heavy use of options to profit from share price drops? I suppose it could be made illegal to buy Puts or sell Calls without maintaining a corresponding stock position.

Watch out, TSLA investors
The Motley clowns are recommending TSLA

That has to be just about the most worrisome thing I have read about TSLA in a long time. I take some solace in remembering that even the most moronic cannot be wrong ALL the time.
I'll grant that Motley Fool's marketing is over the top, and some of their analysts might not be worth listening to.

However, their Rule Breakers and Stock Advisor services have recommended TSLA for quite a while (starting with Rule Breakers in 2011). Also, those services have had very respectable returns. I wouldn't call them "moronic".