Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read that Tesla hands them out for free to owners in harsh (read: dirt or salted roads) winter conditions.

You might use the savings to invest in a tyre puncture repair solution. The car does not come with a spare, or for that matter even a goo kit.

According to our sales rep, BC is the only province that doesn’t get the free mudflaps. Go figure. Any suggestions?

well, TMS bullish sentiment is a very special thing. I totally love this forum. I left teslamotors subreddit after it got infested by shorty trolls, and I said this earlier - I've read all 6000+ pages here!

Similar for me. I used to follow r/teslainvestorsclub/ very closely, but since the stock has skyrocketed over $400, it has been flooded with too many new members, most of which appear to come from r/wallstreetbets/. The quality over there has gone down hill drastically, whereas the quality of posts on TMC is amazing.

well, TMS bullish sentiment is a very special thing. I totally love this forum. I left teslamotors subreddit after it got infested by shorty trolls, and I said this earlier - I've read all 6000+ pages here!

In fact, I'd say Artful Dodger and Fact Checking posts made me change my mind, so instead of panic quit at 220, I got HELOC and doubled my position at 180-190 which is by far the luckiest bet I've ever made.

OT:

Yes, I'd say MODS should nominate @Fact Checking for the 'Croix de Guerre' for service during Spring's SEC lawsuit part deux, and further, induction at the rank of "Knight Chevalier" into the Legion of Merit Legends of "Not Advice".

That's some pretty damn good "Not Advice" if you ask me, wot? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

P.S. (@KarenRei you rock 2, jus' sayin')

Similar for me. I used to follow r/teslainvestorsclub/ very closely, but since the stock has skyrocketed over $400, it has been flooded with too many new members, most of which appear to come from r/wallstreetbets/. The quality over there has gone down hill drastically, whereas the quality of posts on TMC is amazing.

Same happened to me with AMD_Stock reddit. After it skyrocketed to 20+, all these people flooded the place with just asinine childish bullish posts. A lot of vets left and a bunch of them sold out to take profit or thought AMD established a new trading range and waited for the dip that never came. Just like TSLA, AMD traded in a range for years and longs really sold out once the small breakout happened but missed out on the larger break out.

To clarify, I'm not talking about storing Model Ys. But I'm talking about what's the planned annual capacity of Model Y production at Fremont, and is it being rolled out in stages?
Previously, I estimated stamping capacity at Fremont to be 14K/wk for Model 3. Since that stamping press will be shared with the Model Y line, that puts a 'soft' upper limit on 3+Y production at about 14K/wk (700K/yr).

I say 'soft' upper limit because the press as delivered from Schuler is rated at 10K/wk but Tesla engineers sped up the materials handling to increase throughput to 14k/wk. No telling if its at its limits at 14k or if further increments could be achieved for capacity.

I say it doesn't matter because its now very likely that the new Model Y line and eventually the existing Model 3 line will both be capable of building either car. This means that Tesla can very quickly adjust production allocation to match demand and intentions.

I think 700k/yr Models 3+Y is the take away here.

Cheers!

I think it's the shorts who are up for Carousel ;)

maxresdefault.jpg
OT
@KarenRei
Well, this song mentions the carousel, but is apropos for others
“Wall of death”

• Love
Reactions: Yonki
Huge if true! The smoke is now so thick on Model Y Q1 delivery rumors that I'm expecting to see flames any day now.

Were it to be confirmed true, the interesting thing would be - Canada? I will say that in the old days when I was involved in product launches, being technically trained and well supported influenced where products were launched.

I had considered that, were I king, I would knock out the FSD HW upgrades to be mostly complete as Y launch was building so service had good focus on the new product and a flawless launch to the early adopters.