Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@OPRCE
Without bias?
Surrealiously? Gawd, you remind me of how unctuous Montana was. Self congratulations coupled with “redacted due to family friendly forum”. Beyond “care bare”
Just a troll

1. Yes, I am very seriously unbiased.

2. Don't call me Gawd at home, dear!

3. Speaking of unctuous, how about an ointment for them hurtfeels?

4. In any case pray rest assured that ...

"If it's cold, you can't start teslas"

Joe Kernen CNBC Squawk Box

I know Joe Kernen is supposed to play the dumb guy on that show, but I feel bad for anyone trading on what he says.

And I'm amazed CNBC has a pre-market trading show, and allows totally false information to come from it.

Now I'm off to start my Tesla in super cold weather, which is sitting in the garage, from the comfort of my home, using the Tesla app, so that it can be warm when I get in it.

Try that with a gas car.

Note: Do not try that with a gas car. You will die.

She makes up the most outrageous claims against Musk and Tesla. She's "famous" for being part of a whistle-blower thing some years ago (I can't remember what), and for some reason is now trying to bring down Tesla - I guess she's being paid by someone for that.

With all due respect to those with psychological issues, personally I think she's mental...

Take a look, if you dare - she's even more unhinged that MBS: KillingMyCareer (@MelaynaLokosky) | Twitter
OK, thanks for the info. The tweet was so far off the deep end I really thought she was just trying to be funny there for a minute. Chalk up another for the ignore list.

Dan

Reactions: cheshire cat
CNBC - Stock making the biggest movement pre-market.

Tesla – Tesla has cut 150 of 230 workers at a Las Vegas facility that delivers vehicles to North American customers, according to a Reuters report. Worker quoted in the report say it's a sign that the company expects the pace of deliveries to slow significantly.

Yes, that is why its 2% up pre-market.o_O

No mention of The Canaccord upgrade...

Wow I am blocked by her. Wondered what have I done to her? And then I remembered that I commented on one of her tweets that she is getting paid to hate Tesla.

Yeah, she blocked me too as I had the gall to call her out on her total B.S.

Of course if you just fire-up another browser, you can read blocked accounts, however, she's so vile I feel like I need to take a shower now.

Take a look, if you dare - she's even more unhinged than MBS: KillingMyCareer (@MelaynaLokosky) | Twitter

Wow, I just did. No doubt, she's a piece of work. You have to wonder if she really believes half the stuff she is pushing or is just trying to justify a stock position for financial gain. Really kind of sad.

Dan

I think she's being paid by the dark forces amassing against Tesla.

I know lots of FUD about waning demand last week but if my experience over the weekend and this morning is any indication, we are going to see increased demand. I received my M3 LR in late April and lots of friends have admired it but weren't in the market for a new car or have irrational anxiety about the notion of an electric car. This weekend 2 neighbors approached me about the M3 with serious questions about my car and told me they were planning to order one this month. Today at work, a colleague and a patient of mine both wanted to know more about the M3 and both were planning to buy a Model 3.

1. Whereas I agree that I did posit a possible motive that is not the same as "concluding that their argument must be based on vested interest." I never reached that conclusion and frankly acknowledge I cannot know the inside of their secret minds. KarenRei OTOH has no problem jumping to definitive and extreme conclusions based on no evidence but much bitterfeels, which is what I pulled her up on.
Is that your loophole, that you didn't use the word "'must"?

And for someone "not drawing conclusions", you seem to be drawing conclusions:

"...it seems to me..."

"... appears to have..."

(The follow on oblique insults add a nice touch)

2. I'd be delighted to see it ... please link or produce. Rest assured it will be treated without bias.

You'de be delighted to see the arguments for that stance? Read a good number of the replies to your posts in this thread.

3. I have no idea how likely it is but other possible tradeoffs are volumetric energy density (Wh/l) and specific energy density (Wh/kg). If one or both of these qualities can [chemically] be traded up for a lower cell internal resistance it could make a huge difference in heat management/sustained charging rate, at the expense of the total cell content being larger/heavier than e.g. Tesla NCA.

I already mentioned (power)energy density earlier. From a volumetric standpoint, do you think Audi could be stuffing a 95kWh pack in something with that chassis size that takes up 2X the space of a Model S100 pack? Doesn't seem likely.

4. I presume KarenRei is aware of this possibility, which is precisely why she so doggedly beats around the bush with meaningless gibberish about "power dense" cells (i.e. LTO), which is her way of evading to admit that the Audi NCM-622 cells are, from what little we do know [i.e. pack weight and LG CHEM heritage as per Bolt], indeed probably less energy dense than Tesla NCA. Her problem there is that she firmly concluded the opposite in order to jump to the prejudiced conclusion that Audi are "frying" their batteries, so now has dropped out of the discussion, presumably to evade further embarrassment.
I presume she understands that a well, but also recognizes that there are a number of other factors, that she's discussed. The physical pack size, weight (excluding pack construction), energy capacity, etc... don't appear to be so significantly different that there's not a reasonable concern that they make be willing to toast the cells.
[I have noted on another thread that she seems to suffer from a fanatical devotion to His Muskiness, coupled with the inability to admit any error, no matter how trivial]

5. I fail to see how having an expected production volume of ~60,000 p.a. [which is BTW > Model S] could lead Audi or indeed anyone to the conclusion that the cars will predominantly be driven at low mileage, thus allowing them to skimp on battery cooling in exchange for elevated in-warranty failures. If anything, given that their principle market is probably Germany and that there such high-class expensive vehicles predominantly tend to go to company fleets on new lease, they should have been expecting a higher than average mileage. IMHO that again would correspond with a design spec/clientele demanding high/repeatable recharge rates and the very respectable warranty provided.

You might be right... although the vehicle feels niche to me. Perhaps Audi is simply willing to eat costs for the halo effect. (Also, your Model S point doesn't make sense... Total packs Tesla has to deal with is >100K/yr... it doesn't really matter if they are installed in to S or X if you had to replace them as a result of frying them)

6. I believe you may mean energy density here; power density was never at issue [except for KarenRei's trailing it in her wake as a red herring].

Yup, my bad, thanks. My point holds tho: if those things aren't equal, then we aren't comparing like-for-like.

Just insert Audi, Mercedes, BMW, whomever you chose in place of Chevy...or just leave it Chevy. It all works.

Just a little chuckle to start your trading day.

Dan
Flintstone Mobile.jpg