Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't disagree - but there is a need for Tesla to actually decouple their consumer flows from payment systems, and I don't think they should embrace any particular third party service but should roll their own. (Seeded through acquisition, if needed.)

EM has concerns about AI getting loose and causing problems. The root of this problem is speed IMO. Neural lace is a step to open up bandwidth but does little to speed up chemical based processing. Having a safety check processing unit on Mars if even just for financial processing would invoke a physics based barrier ( 3 minutes each way as minimum) to transactions that allows human based time frames to be useful.

Algorithms are the basis of crypto coins but are susceptible to AIs finding a workaround that happens so fast we can't react. AIs can't work around systems bound by physics.

It is a bit distant from todays concerns but having an independent AI bound by a physical barrier might be very valuable for financial systems. Once Tesla has solved vision and driving, the same approach can be focused on other systems that contain a fair amount of chaotic behavior to remove risk or level the field. I like the idea of a home rolled system of high fidelity.

That's literally what the linked tweet says. Did you not read it?

----
7 WWII Bombs to be removed with a controlled explosion

Its a standard procedure that happens quite often in Germany.
----

Thats been my tweet and agree there is nothing sensational about it as we have still many bombs that are found even in city centers in Germany while no one reports even about it other than the local press.

I am not surprised though that its reported about GF4 and they will find more for sure. The only reason why this is newsworthy is because it does show progress on the GF4 ground therefore its a positive.

This is what is presented as "news" recently.

"Tesla faces two challenges that Toyota does not. The head of Subaru recently said the market for mass electric car sales probably will not start until the end of the decade. If so, Tesla faces headwinds"

That is a exert from a article on 247wallst.com under the headline "Why Tesla will never be the world's largest car company"

Why Tesla Will Never Be the World’s Most Valuable Car Company

Economics: a hypothetical fuel-cell system that in 5 years reaches cost parity with today's BEV system is effectively dead today already.

My prediction: BMW consumers are SO going to love playing Russian roulette with 700-bar hydrogen tanks...

The invisible, odorless gas that knocks you out in a couple of minutes flat, the invisible hydrogen fires that emit ultraviolet radiation, or just the pure kinetic energy BMW HYDROGEN FUN that a potentially catastrophically failing of a 700-bar hydrogen tank could mean - the hyper-sonic shrapnel, the destruction, the mutiliation - it's all true.

Also, cities will love the BMW hydrogen fun as well. This was the aftermath of the explosion an estimated ~7 kg of hydrogen in Norway, caused by a hydrogen tank leak:

Hydrogen%20refulling%20plant%20explosion.jpeg

hydrogen-station-h2-station-brand-sandvika.png

tdc5229d.jpg

Imagine some real hydrogen leak in a larger refueling facility - I'm sure city planners cannot wait to experience the sheer destructive BMW force of it - a serious hydrogen explosion might be able to flatten a whole district and could bring down high-rise buildings!

Yeah, because everywhere where people are living in China there's a chronic lack of ... electricity, right?

And that's BMW's fricken R&D executive, the guy who should be fighting for the future. Why does this executive still have a job? SMH.

Hmm, kinda makes you wonder what a terrorist could do intentionally with 7 kg of hydrogen.

Reactions: kelly and M3Rider
Mercedes halves EV production target due to battery shortage - Manager Magazin

Not sure if this second part is even true, but of course they have to blame Tesla for their botched ramp of the EQC:

Pretty much every news article about a car manufacturer can be labelled as sad nowadays... this is the third one in a row? Just in the last two days we've had:
  • Subaru
  • BMW
  • Mercedes
Oh and don't forget about the recent ID.3 delayed until 2021 rumor either. That'd make four.

Last edited:
Thats been my tweet and agree there is nothing sensational about it as we have still many bombs that are found even in city centers in Germany while no one reports even about it other than the local press.

I am not surprised though that its reported about GF4 and they will find more for sure. The only reason why this is newsworthy is because it does show progress on the GF4 ground therefore its a positive.

Just as a matter of historic curiosity - are these bombs unexploded Russian or American (or British) bombs? Or German stored bombs?

Exactly. And I figure that for every $1 of market cap that a legacy automaker loses Tesla should be able to pickup ~$2 in market cap. (It probably isn't that exactly, but it will be more because of Tesla's vertical integration.)

What I fear is that it will snowball. Are there enough shared suppliers that there is a risk that when one legacy automaker goes under that it could cause some suppliers to go under which will put pressure on other legacy automakers and it could just go out of control. (We've recently seen a wiring harness supplier go under haven't we?)

What specifically do you fear about that? Economic upheaval?

Meh. People always can think of the worst possible outcome that rarely ever happens.

People will see what’s coming and what’s happening. *We* already see and know, just not everyone. New suppliers, new businesses will emerge in their place as it always happens. Fear not unless you’re the one with their head in the sand.

*This* is just another big shift in humanity’s history. Even if we don’t succeed in time to save this planet fear not, you’ll be physically dead anyway, so you won’t care.

Fear is so overrated.

Mercedes halves EV production target due to battery shortage - Manager Magazin

Not sure if this second part is even true, but of course they have to blame Tesla for their botched ramp of the EQC:
What nonsense. Who launches a new car projections without knowing if parts available. I strongly suspect they couldn’t sell enough and are using this as an excuse to avoid embarrassment although, to me just as embarrassing to not plan to get essential part for a car. How can you plan to build an EV without batteries

It's worth pointing out that 7kg is a single car's worth (for example, the latest Mirai holds 6,33kg). That's the damage from a single car's worth of hydrogen going off.

Anyone who thinks "hydrogen is safe" should read NASA's hydrogen handling guidelines; it'll correct them of this notion.

And hydrogen fuel is more expensive per mile than gasoline, and way more than electricity.

What nonsense. Who launches a new car projections without knowing if parts available. I strongly suspect they couldn’t sell enough and are using this as an excuse to avoid embarrassment although, to me just as embarrassing to not plan to get essential part for a car. How can you plan to build an EV without batteries
VW built them without software, so it's not unprecedented.

I suspect it doesn’t slow progress at all. They are in area totally undeveloped so exploding them without concern for collateral damage easy. Also a lot of other planning going on that does not depend on them being removed yesterday.

Mind = blown. Never thought about this before, but yes this makes perfect sense. Grabtaxi/WeChat etc. all have their own payment systems as well, but none of them have the vision + execution that Elon has, nor the global customer base that Tesla Network could potentially have.

So all those shorts crying that TSLA is becoming like a Bitcoin bubble, might one day wake up to realise Tesla Payments has made Bitcoin, PayPal, and banks obsolete? Still a long shot, but I'd love to live to see this day.

brb, going to adjust my TSLA bull case 2050 price target from $100.000 to $250.000 :p

Mark my words I’ve been saying for a few years now; Family Legacy/Empire.

Reactions: capster