Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vetinari's dictat does not exclude other posts during the broadcast. So I would like once again to reinforce my reach-out to all you Shorters.

So here's to you. This is, indeed, Your Hell:
IMG_0265.jpeg

Well, this marks 300 dollars since I sold all 59 of my Jan21s calls and started a short straddle. I don't even know what to say or do or think at this point. Not only did I leave over 1 million dollars on the table because I ended up being weak long after all, but I actually lost a ton of money trying to short straddle it. Worst part of this is that I love this company and I want to hop back in and go long again, but I don't know if the parabolic movement will hold.
my 2 cents as someone who has been through a LOT in the last 22 years-
as soon as you realize that you are on the wrong side of a trade the only thing left to do is liquidate your losing position and go long
i would personally in this situation NOT chase any call options, which are extremely richly priced currently, but instead go long with common stock and stop trying to time the market and instead keep shares long for at least another 10 years which will likely net you anywhere from 10X to 20 X ROI

Shorts might make a last stand with Q1 since Tesla is sandbagging Q1 expectations for it

Yes. Between the lower-than-hoped GAAP profit in Q4'19 and the lack of strong Q1 profit guidance I think shorts will continue to hold strong for Q1 being a disaster. But with an ongoing price rise, a number of them may not have a choice but to capitulate.

There are going to be so many margin calls tomorrow. I hope that somehow they manage to keep the opening SP low or create a reasonable MMD because then I am loading up on weekly calls like crazy. The IV crush will be gone by then so OTM calls will be super cheap. I already have >200 OTM calls for Feb-April (my short squeeze strategy), but I would add another 500-1,000 if the SP is say $600/610 at open or drops to that with a MMD. $650/670 calls should be pennies at that point once IV crush drops. I'd gladly risk $5-10,000 on a margin-call induced squeeze tomorrow and Friday in that setting. Could end up being a 50-100-bagger or more.