Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably impossible to find out, but it would be interesting to know how many of today's record $47 M shares traded were by people / institutions getting out of Big Oil stocks - whether prompted by the Coronavirus affecting oil price or not (China is the 2nd biggest oil consumer after USA) - and into something 'safe' and future-promising like, oh, maybe, TSLA.

People forget we have no state income tax up here in Washington state. PLUS you're as far away from Florida as possible(minus Alaska/Hawaii)
Alaska, Washington, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Florida have no state capital gains taxes. Pick 'em.

But what does it mean.... explain like you would to a child:D
So, if I understand correctly... the number of shares they own is a bit up from this time last year (about 4.5%). The number of shares they hold voting power on, increased from 53.9% of their holdings, to 73.6%.

...all shares, as far as I'm aware, of TSLA, are voting shares? So, the only way you wouldn't have voting power on a TSLA share you owned, is if you loaned it to a short. Basically, it means they've recalled about 3 million shares from the shorts and slightly increased their position. That's all.

I'm a long time Tesla investor (never sold a share) and long time lurker on this forum. Just got some dry powder ($50k) and looking to add to my hodlings. Added 10 shares today at 740 on the "dip". Was planning on buying near Fridays close but it ran up so quick I hesitated. Any not an advice on how to invest the rest? I am considering investing around 5-10k in LEAPS and buying more shares near today's close tomorrow. Just not sure if I should buy all at once or continue to add over the next couple weeks at ATHs lol. Thanks!

T

Then we come to the GM Bolt which was actually not that bad a car, when the Model 3 came out it got swamped, dealers didn't always stock it or want to sell it, production slowed, it seemed almost like GM gave up, or didn't have a game plan...

For any sub 100K a car, the car maker needs volume, dealers on board, fast charging, advertising and they have to be prepared to fight hard even if they are only fighting for 2nd place...

Giving up on a model like the Bolt, then coming out with a Hummer, isn't credible.... regardless of how much advertising you throw at it, so the product, delivery, service and the whole ecosystem need to back up the advertising.... otherwise the advertising is easily forgotten... or worse still not even trusted...
Why do you say GM gave up on the Bolt? They gave it a bigger battery and increased the range for 2020 to 259 miles, which is respectable.

• Informative
Reactions: rsm287 and dhrivnak
Personal anecdote aside, a bit of investor related information on inventory: I was informed by the sales advisor I'm working with that the website estimate for California X deliveries (6-8 weeks) is accurate. So if his word is to be taken at face value (always a caveat with SA anecdotes) that would mean they are pretty close to sold out of Q1 inventory for X at least. And I was only given two local inventory listings, neither of which are discounted. So...demand seems fine. :D
It just means they are doing the wave again this quarter.

Not that he needs it, but a shout out to Larry Ellison for supporting the Company when It was important in December 2018.

His faith in Elon (and probably provided some good advice along the way) has been rewarded with a more than than doubling of his Billion $ investment.
I thought that was a big deal .....Interestingly I sold all my ORCL shares to buy TSLA..."not sorry"

Getting HW3 installed in my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 today! I scheduled an appointment in December and Tesla cancelled it because the it was not yet available for my VIN. Tried again a couple of weeks ago and this time they didn't cancel! They are also addressing a couple of bulletins (replace charge port pins, adjust frunk latch). I don't want to cause a run on the service center, so please keep this a secret :)

Anything else exciting happen in Teslaland today??

In at 9am, out by 6. Seems like the process is speeding up a bit. My service advisor told me he was sad about his team losing in the Superbowl. I told him his (our) team may have lost but his stock options are happy. That got a big smile and the guy sitting next to him pointed at his screen and chimed in “yeah, it’s popping!!” I guess they worked on my car after the closing bell.

Short sellers have been much reviled as of late. But: where, oh where would we be had they not been around to get a nice, fat squeeze?

So: much love from Alaska, yah dirty bahstahds -

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 6.54.45 PM.png