Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t believe that the June 2022 $900 calls I bought before earnings as a joke is now near the money. When all the hardcore investors from 2013 lament how much their model S costed in opportunity loss, I too sold some holdings recently to buy a model 3. The model 3 costed me 2 ravens so far. That’s a good problem to have though I suppose.
Correction, your call is ITM now

One of the reasons this action is one for the history and text books is because, in my opinion, we have a situation where one reasonably can demonstrate that a short squeeze and a ramp rocketing revaluation are not mutually exclusive.

Short squeezes, in retrospect, are relatively easy to dissect and discuss (it ought to go without saying this is not easy anticipatorally, but I decided to add this parenthetical just to fend off comments). A revaluation always is a far more enjoyable exercise. If you’re ghoulish, that can be the case even if you’re dissecting the revaluation of, for example, an Enron, but I digress.

The salient point is that with TSLA, we have a rare...perhaps unique?...case wherein a company combined the prospects of spectacular growth and fortunes with an utterly massive - by every possible metric - amount of short selling.

This made not only for an explosive situation BUT also one where, we can posit and hope, avoids the downslope of any short squeeze.

Nice vocabulary.

Nice vocabulary.
Back in the Bad Old Days of 2013, one of the forum members said he would paw through my posts each day to provide vocab lessons for his children. I wish I could remember who that was!

P.S. I would prefer someone to give a nod to my sentence structure but...o tempora and all that.

Last edited:
Guessing the top of a short squeeze sounds like a good idea, but I believe there are investors that will attempt to build a floor near that top. At this point of time I think there’s enough big money in this game that they have reason to keep Tesla’s evaluation as high as possible. It’s possible some devesting from oil and gas stocks is taking place along with this squeeze.

not advice, but I think there are multiple storylines taking place right now. All good stuff for us though

It's kinda addictive to see 20% increases. Sad that it will slow or end some day. Need to prepare for that event. Bought some chocolate, too with the bottle.
Agreed. I’d hold onto Musk words that Q3 and Q4 2020 could be insane.

This bear on CNBC is in shock. He’s trying to be rational but he said he’s seen nothing this crazy.
And their guest host just mocked Ron Baron...fire her please