Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The criteria for the options awards are a 30 day and 6 month average being $100B and every $50B from there market cap.
To add to this (even though at this point probably nobody cares about this): the trading day in which the market cap value is hit is absolutely meaningless! What actually matters is the day in which the average for the past 6 months hits that value. Note, however, that every trading day when the market cap is at $150B or higher will average out a trading day when the market cap was at $50B or lower for the purpose of the first tranche. So, that 6-month average deadline is coming faster than the calendar would have you believe.

I'm guessing this is only an excerpt. If somebody has a link to the full interview, that would be much appreciated.

He is still on the air and discussing a variety of issues. $1 trillion in revenue in 10 yrs possible. Still see 10x possible over next 10 yrs. Interesting that he was not one of the very early investors (sub $100/shr) but got in later.

That $760 put I sold yesterday is looking good, might be forced to rebuy and sell another. Candies and babies, eh? :cool:

Selling puts incredibly dangerous in this environment in my opinion. 1) you're leaving on the table all the upside. 2) even if it works you're getting hit w short-term sales tax. 3) Most importantly, you're exposing yourself to massive loss, a large multiple of your gain. Do the Math on what happens if the stock tumbles. There's bound to be stunning downward volatility at some point. BE CAREFUL.

I had far OTM July options that are now / will soon be ITM. How would other people play these in a squeeze situation? (One was already up 17x yesterday)

Random side note, I breached a six figure net worth last month. This morning I'll breach 200k. I'm flabbergasted. I never thought I would come close to savings like this at any point of my life.

$807 in pre-mkt ..

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Pre-Market Quotes

Edit:- $809
Edit:- $811
Edited a few mins later (!) .. $814 heading for +5% and rising, with 4 hrs to go before the open. Gulp ..

I'll stop editing because my mechanical F5 presser has broken ;-)

Dude.
CB138E48-141D-46A8-8633-F6A0046F6E4B.gif

One of the reasons this action is one for the history and text books is because, in my opinion, we have a situation where one reasonably can demonstrate that a short squeeze and a ramping rocketing revaluation are not mutually exclusive.

Short squeezes, in retrospect, are relatively easy to dissect and discuss (it ought to go without saying this is not easy anticipatorally, but I decided to add this parenthetical just to fend off comments). A revaluation always is a far more enjoyable exercise. If you’re ghoulish, that can be the case even if you’re dissecting the revaluation of, for example, an Enron, but I digress.

The salient point is that with TSLA, we have a rare...perhaps unique?...case wherein a company combined the prospects of spectacular growth and fortunes with an utterly massive - by every possible metric - amount of short selling.

This made not only for an explosive situation BUT also one where, we can posit and hope, avoids the downslope of any short squeeze.

Everyone repeat after me. "This is not a 24 hour short term manufactured VW squeeze"
When is the top? Simple answer. There is no top. Sure there will be pull backs, sometimes significant (we've had a couple at 50% so be careful if you are in this for the short term), however a top for TSLA?
The top is when:
1) Tesla is the leading vehicle manufacturer (in quantities sold) (+-10M/annum)
2) Tesla is the leader in energy storage (unlimited growth)(overtaking Utilities)
3) Tesla is the leader in solar installation (unlimited growth)(overtaking oil & gas in energy provided)
4) Tesla is the leading semi-truck redefining the transportation industry.
5) Tesla is the first to mass market FSD Robotaxi anywhere (not restricted to geofencing)(unlimited growth)

Parabolic off of straight line appreciation usually means returning to the straight line.

BUT...we’ve been suppressed for so long that this is parabolic taking us to where we should have been on a straight line dating back to Tesla’s birth and infancy. Don’t let those CNBC eggheads shake you out of an epic forthcoming run.
Forthcoming??! Where have you been?

I haven't been as active as I would have liked to be on this bulletin board in the last year or two. I'm just proud right now of my avatar which has been the same since before the 420-taking Tesla private announcement debacle. Finally the actual short squeeze is happening. It's nice to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Has anyone a link to, or name of the show, for Ron Baron’s appearance on CNBC? I’m trying to paw through CNBC.com for the specific title - I don’t stream the broadcast.

Summary:

“I’m not selling”. “This is a trillion company” He listed off all of his reasons and kept goin “and another one I almost forgot” i.e. the list was so long. He did get em all though.

A good watch, when I find the link I’ll put it up.

(Yeh, I’m an athletic TMC supporter)
Fire Away!
(It’s the batteries, Stupid!)