Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly my thinking too!

Initially I thought Mordor was the Rust Belt - the (former) center of U.S. car manufacturing - but from a sustainable energy and climate change perspective the heart of the U.S. oil industry is Mordor...

Also, in the next 5-10 years demographic trends suggest that Texas will turn purple, then solidly blue. Urban concentrations are already blue. With time a great state could be as supportive of Tesla as California - and this might protect Tesla on the federal level as well.

Texas is a great place to start a new Gigafactory.

For example, similar to the GF4 site (parts of) Texas has lots of cheap, wind-turbine generated electricity.

Yes, that is the same news I got from my friend in Shenzhen (Guangdong Province, where Shanghai is located). Basically the only province that is shut down until at least 2/17 is Hubei where Wuhan is located. But, he also thinks that Hubei shutdown could be extended until the end of the month.

FWIW, I'm closely following the coronavirus facts (to the extent it's possible), and while the daily growth of new patients in Hubei has slowed from 50%+ to 20%, it's still very rapid growth that is going to strain the health infrastructure of China.

There won't be any lifting of the quarantine in Hubei until growth of new cases has gone negative, plus 15 days for the max incubation period. I.e. we are at least 3 weeks away from the lifting of the quarantine - but probably more.

Shanghai is in much better shape, there's only a trickle of new cases, suggesting that there's no exponential outbreak on the loose within the city/state.

Permanent Tesla tattoo on my butt if $2k this week. Don’t care if I get banned

Geez guys, just get something like this. Cheaper, more memorable and in better taste...

56FDA498-E594-4ED7-B6C8-E2FE1282FFCB.jpeg

Folks, before you panic and sweat yourself to dehydration, take a moment to zoom out to the 1 month or even the 5 day chart. We were in the $500s a few short days ago. Lets not freak out like a $50 drop is the end of the world. Unless you're here to make a really quick buck, a bit of a pullback is not unexpected.

The big picture is unchanged. Whether we pull back here a bit or push higher, it doesn't change the fact that Tesla is still dominating the future of the auto and energy storage industries. Longer-term, even a $200 pullback will be an insignificant squiggle in the long path upward.

Honestly if you zoom out on your Tesla graph, you couldn't even see all the circuit breakers that were tripped in 2018-19. So this shall pass and those who are millionaires after Monday are still millonaires today.

@Fact Checking

If I'm not mistaken, you've said that market makers are allowed to short naked and not cover/report for 14 days?

Is it theoretically possible for a market maker to go under, and if so, do you know what would happen to its short position and sold options in that scenario?
I was thinking yesterday that I would love to see one of those diagrams like in the movies where the detectives have all the suspects’ photos on the wall with strings showing how they all connect to each other. Want to see how the “market movers” and the investment firms and the hedge funds and the big shorts and the little shorts and the analysts and the retail longs and the institutional longs and the financial “news” networks and the talking heads on The FNNs and the sad moron sitting on his toilet seat and the SEC and...you get the picture. How are they are related? How many overlap/are the same? Which ones are the biggest influencers, which ones have short term and long term effects?

in short, I’d like the most knowledgeable people on this forum to write a book on the subject and then condense it to a one page chart that I can understand.

is that too much to ask?

Folks, before you panic and sweat yourself to dehydration, take a moment to zoom out to the 1 month or even the 5 day chart. We were in the $500s a few short days ago. Lets not freak out like a $50 drop is the end of the world. Unless you're here to make a really quick buck, a bit of a pullback is not unexpected.

The big picture is unchanged. Whether we pull back here a bit or push higher, it doesn't change the fact that Tesla is still dominating the future of the auto and energy storage industries. Longer-term, even a $200 pullback will be an insignificant squiggle in the long path upward.

Wise words here.

When everyone decides to jump out the same time - which then makes that feel like wild azz guessing - since it was the same going up & everyone jumping on...

The fundamentals haven't changed.

Reactions: Nocturnal
For me, TSLA can’t go down far enough for my taste. I’m long, but want to buy more. It can go down all the way for $200 (well maybe not that low since it would be an acquisition play) for all I care. When it starts popping back up again, I’ll be buying.

As the adage goes, everyone knows the price of a stock, but no one knows the value...