Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've thought about it but I don't want to take on the risk of an accident
Never came even close to an accident. People tend to be very careful. I've encouraged every single driver to launch from a standing start, to experience the maximum acceleration, and had maybe three or four actually do it successfully. Most just press the accelerator pedal somewhat tentatively rather than stomping it down.

One of the people who did launch it was a 90+yo former race car driver (he said). He had the biggest grin I'd seen on any driver. Said he was going to go buy one ASAP.

If you were standing next to Bill Gates, and he told you that he just bought a Taycan, what would you say to him?

WinBSOD.jpg

Upper-BB closed at $915 today. Will likely Open at about $930 tomorrow. That's a $70+ move to reach the Upper-BB, and you think it more likely to be exceeded tomorrow?

Could happen, but that's a serious leg up. Just to be clear on what you're calling likely.

View attachment 512618

Cheers!

P.S. WAY UP in the After-hours session:

876.75 +18.35 (2.14%)
You are the BB King. I find myself checking this every day now. Averages out the anxiety of daily chaos.

I don't want to sound like your dad, but I do hope you've locked away enough cash to pay tax on your trades and to have a fully funded 6 month emergency fund in cash.

We all expect Tesla to succeed wildly, but we don't know what will happen tomorrow and this bull run is already long in the tooth.

Everyone feels like an investing jenius when their bet goes through the roof, but the market has a "wonderful" way of reminding you that luck plays a big part in any result.
Rule #1 of investing: My bet wins because I am a genius. And my bet loses because I am unlucky.

Upper-BB closed at $915 today. Will likely Open at about $930 tomorrow. That's a $70+ move to reach the Upper-BB, and you think it more likely to be exceeded tomorrow?

Could happen, but that's a serious leg up. Just to be clear on what you're calling likely.

View attachment 512618

Cheers!

EDIT: WAY UP in the After-hours session:

876.75 +18.35 (2.14%) 18:42 EST

EDIT2: Here's the Google Chart (Note: NASDAQ Real-time page stops updating at 5:59 pm EST)

View attachment 512627

I feel we have sprung the spring, that hedging, covering, and natural buying pressure exceed normal trading including bb technical trading.

Back of the napkin.

Not advice.

Sometimes I say what I think here and I’m wrong sometimes. But I’m at 20,000% this rally so I figured it could be helpful to share what I’m feeling. I hope it causes nothing but happiness.

This headline and lede, lmao.

Tesla Stock Is Still Skyrocketing. Critics Are Giving Up.

Investors who thought Tesla stock’s volatility would calm down after its epic stock price rise are, apparently, wrong.

Tesla (ticker: TSLA) stock was up more than 7% in trading on Tuesday, to about $858.40 a share at the close, after three bearish Wall Street analysts increased their price targets. None, however, upgraded the stock. Still, the price changes are a small sign that even the bears acknowledge things are looking up for the electric vehicle pioneer.

How many people still thinks a Tesla cost 70k+ and it's only for "rich people"?

A lot!

Model 3 is out for 2.5 years now and you still have people constantly who think the car is out of reach for them.

That's true!

Not to mention some still think there's a year long waiting list. Just yesterday someone on reddit's mind was blown that a Tesla can be had for 35k off menu.

Absolutely! A lot of people have no idea!

Rob did a pretty good summery about how the Model S/X's range increased more than 15% using the same battery packs in 12 months time. You think regular Americans know what's going on?

You're right, almost no one knows.

Also how many know Plaid is coming or what that is?

Like you say, probably less than 10% know things like that.

So I fully support anything Tesla can do to educate the public including advertisement.

That's where we disagree. Advertising would be a waste of money because they can already sell every car they build. I also don't buy that they should do it to increase margins. Margins will increase with volume, not advertising. People are already stretching their budget to buy a Model 3. Lots of people want to buy a Model 3, they just can't afford one. Advertising would just make it more expensive and put it further out of reach. Advertising at this point in time would be stupid.

And to your point that you would like Tesla to educate the public, I will point out that advertising isn't effective at educating the public because people don't necessarily trust ads, they know they are full of biased information. It's better if they learn it from a friend or relative. Advertising works on the subconscious level to make you want the product. If Tesla needed that, I would support it. But they don't. That's a function of how good the products are. Tesla products literally sell themselves. I hope that never changes and that other companies figure out the secret to sales is to make compelling products with low overhead so they can be sold at a good price.

Maybe the mainstream media will get de-funded and 7th Ave. will go broke! Well, at least I can dream. Meanwhile, Tesla is saving a lot of money and selling cars as fast as they can make them.

Never came even close to an accident. People tend to be very careful. I've encouraged every single driver to launch from a standing start, to experience the maximum acceleration, and had maybe three or four actually do it successfully. Most just press the accelerator pedal somewhat tentatively rather than stomping it down.

One of the people who did launch it was a 90+yo former race car driver (he said). He had the biggest grin I'd seen on any driver. Said he was going to go buy one ASAP.
Kudos to you -- I'm just admitting that I chickened out.

I was in part influenced by a neighbor's story. He was a small private plane pilot, and he liked to take neighborhood kids for rides when he flew out to more distant parts of the state. He was smart enough (he thought) to always get permission in writing from the parents. One day he crashed while trying to land in windy conditions. His estate was drained by litigation by multiple parents.

This is America, land of lawsuits where good deeds do not go unpunished.

View attachment 512618

Cheers!

EDIT: WAY UP in the After-hours session:

876.75 +18.35 (2.14%) 18:42 EST

EDIT2: Here's the Google Chart (Note: NASDAQ Real-time page stops updating at 5:59 pm EST)

View attachment 512627

My personal self would benefit if I predicted we touched 900 before open, started below that, blew through it, and ended looking down at upper bb.

And during that run I’ll be buying a couple hundred shares. Pittance, yes. But on top of my options, money = mouth.

If we rise tomorrow I’ll be in 100%.

The interview is about ESG investing. However, Santelli concluded with his concerns about battery disposal and German electricity costs. Seven years ago during one segment he expressed his fondness for natural gas, then laughed at a group of college students who said TSLA was their top investment pick at under $40 per share. I used to interview him on my TV show when he was a floor trader in commodities. He was not nearly so political in his comments as he often is on CNBC.

CNBC - hour ago:

Boy! Rick Santelli really seems to be chaffed about the traction ESG issues are getting!

That's "chaffed", not "chuffed", LOL!

What a goon!