Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truly stunned with today's price action. I'm too chicken to try and capitalize on these obvious patterns though, because the moment I will, it won't work anymore.

I got burned in the past trying to day trade these obvious manipulations. Never doing that again. Just buying big dips and holding now.

Fairly subtle point, but I wanted to make it, in that the delay for MIC Teslas was minimized by the extra day in this quarter. Meaning, the implications for a 10-day shutdown are 10% less in a leap year than this time last year. Anyway, I’m expecting this quarter to blow everyone away...except us of course.
The virus settling down and the plant being open and operating has certainly reduced my level of concern. My worst case scenario has definitely improved. Unfortunately, I still don't know whether to leverage up and buy or just hold.

I wonder if it's possible we see Nav on City by the end of the quarter. That's gotta be a big chunk of revenue recognition.

There are around two thousand islands in oceans in the world.
-Worldatlas.com
What am I? A poor? I'm not buying some dirty used Island. I'll be building my own from the corpses of the shorts.

I think our very own @Curt Renz holds the record. Phelps never had a chance, with or without a tie.

4BC179F9-8B52-4730-A31A-BDD0C8AD4F46.png

Here: one chyron, four (!) crawls, and an elusive schmoo smo sighting.

Last edited:
I think our very own @Curt Renz holds the record. Phelps never had a chance, with or without a tie.

View attachment 513524

Here: one chyron, four (!) crawls, and an elusive schmoo smo sighting.

That was from 1995 when few people had connections to the internet. Our Chicago based TV financial news program, the Stock Market Observer (SMO), was trying to outdo the competition by displaying four crawls of stock market information. :cool:

I bought 4, $888.88 shares earlier today which I intend to gift one each to my children when they open up a trading account in the next few days. One caveat, they can't sell it for 10 years.
I chose $888.88 in honor of:
The Chinese people
The Chinese government
The City of Shanghai
Gigafactory 3

Hopefully it brings them good luck as they start their investing careers.

Even Michael Phelps would have trouble accomplishing your metaphor. Can you enlighten me as to what "running a crawl" means? I'm innocently curious. Neologism or regionalism or mistype or.....?

Yep, sorry about that - TV jargon. Others have explained it correctly. CNBC runs a recurring/looping text crawl at the bottom of the screen with various bits of news & sports during early shows. I do try to minimize jargon but that slipped by me - worked 2 of the longest years of my life at a TV station.