Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know nobody cares about Ford but they went below $8 a share for the first time since 2009 I believe. We can enjoy our battle at 900 a week after raising $2b while Ford has no batteries and losing investor interest. They will start pushing the F150 heavily again. Electric cars are going to push their dollars.

Looks like CT will F* F:)

Last edited:
It will be the last resort. Their insane dividend is why their stock price is over 5. The dividend yield is only because of the drop in stock price. I find it funny that anyone would risk their capital for that dividend. A 30% drop in the stock will make anyone have severe regrets over chasing a dividend
It is insane indeed, yet the annals of companies in their last throes of existence are filled with once-famous names that have followed that exact path.

Earlier this morning CNBC was running a crawl that indicated that auto sales in China were off > 90% in the first half of February if I have that correctly.

I think this is bullish for Tesla MIC in that this holding of sales overall will accrue to the benefit of Tesla as they build up production capacity.

If you learn to wait, then you also learn that you can wait a little longer to get a Tesla. This will not work so well for ICE manufacturers IMO.
Am responding to your post primarily because others also referred to it.

Even Michael Phelps would have trouble accomplishing your metaphor. Can you enlighten me as to what "running a crawl" means? I'm innocently curious. Neologism or regionalism or mistype or.....?

Plausible for the SR. They'd need to have whole engineered modules, not just cells, though. And there'd be a lot of constraints on them. There'd be a pretty significant amount of development work on that contract if so - even the BMS would need to be re-developed. The amount of development work is what made me initially doubt the report. Cylindrical LFPs would be easier (although still not a drop-in solution, due mostly to the different voltage).
The BMS might only need a firmware upgrade. It's TESLA, isn't it?

Reactions: JRP3
In the Third Row Podcast (Director's Cut), Elon said this: "The CATL cells....the CATL situation will be more of an integrated module than it will be a cell".

This has been my thought from the beginning of this debate: is it possible that Tesla's CATL deal includes CATL delivering a completely integrated module, with BMS, as a drop-in replacement for the LG/Panasonic cylindrical modules? That would certainly save Tesla China a lot of assembly and integration time.

Most TSLA investors have the same plan right now: wait to see what Q1 looks like, then buy before Battery Day. I think this is a mistake because Model Y is going to start deliveries before Q1 p/d numbers, and it's going to be a big deal in the media. Nobody is really talking about it right now, and there could be an announcement of a delivery event at any moment.

Am responding to your post primarily because others also referred to it.

Even Michael Phelps would have trouble accomplishing your metaphor. Can you enlighten me as to what "running a crawl" means? I'm innocently curious. Neology or regionalism or mistype or.....?
It refers to the text headlines that scroll across the bottom of the screen while they are talking, often referred to as a "crawl".

And technically it's an existing word with a new meaning, which is semantic shift, not neologism.

It would be nice to open up a microbrew on Mars. Extra coolness to use local yeast or similar microorganism. Imagine the export opportunity, Martian Life Red.
Do you want to get space zombies? Because that's how you get space zombies.

Most TSLA investors have the same plan right now: wait to see what Q1 looks like, then buy before Battery Day. I think this is a mistake because Model Y is going to start deliveries before Q1 p/d numbers, and it's going to be a big deal in the media. Nobody is really talking about it right now, and there could be an announcement of a delivery event at any moment.
I'm surprised we haven't seen it happen already. But buyers will get the confirmation emails at least a week before right?

This has been my thought from the beginning of this debate: is it possible that Tesla's CATL deal includes CATL delivering a completely integrated module, with BMS, as a drop-in replacement for the LG/Panasonic cylindrical modules? That would certainly save Tesla China a lot of assembly and integration time.
I don't think "integrated module" means what you think it means. CATL might be bundling multiple cells together into a module (meaning, no individual cell casings) and then Tesla might be integrating a number of those modules into a battery pack. The BMS is what Tesla excels at, where the "secret sauce" is, and it's fully integrated with the car's software. If CATL could just make the BMS that Tesla would be willing to install on their Model 3, then a whole lot of the advantages of getting a Tesla vs. any other Chinese-made EV is gone.