Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She’s under pressure to write according to her editors demands.
Perhaps so. But there's that "journalistic integrity" thing.

I've been under pressure to do things in my professional life that I felt would compromise my integrity. I pushed back, prepared for the fact that I may need to look for a different employer.

Everybody still did not believe me talking about crazy demand in Europe should read this:

A happy German from a local Forum

(...) It is a dream. Pure madness. I love this car. The trip from SeC to my home was like a dream come true. Every darn minute of the almost 3 years, every cent of almost €60k, every second in the waiting queue of the hotline every little happiness before was it ALL worth it.

Even if your nerves are a little bid on edge...truly, **** the bad feelings! Be just happy that it is now the time! Can't give you more on your way. Simply enjoy the happiness anticipating. (...)

FFT.png

Perhaps so. But there's that "journalistic integrity" thing.

I've been under pressure to do things in my professional life that I felt would compromise my integrity. I pushed back, prepared for the fact that I may need to look for a different employer.
I think it can be a bit easy to tell someone else to put their job at risk based on your standards. I bristle a bit whenever someone advises others in this fashion.

That said, I have had a few times where my superiors instructed me to do things that were some combination of wrong, illegal, immoral and unethical. In those situations I looked at the situation and devised an approach for pushing back.

For example, I've counteroffered in a way that only rejected the clearly unethical part of the instructions. I've written up an analysis of the legal and contractual problems that are clearly consequent to the instructions and gotten in return clear, written acknowledgement of the issues with instructions to proceed anyway. I think of myself as cynical, but I've been surprised at the appetite for administrators to give me an unequivocal paper trail that makes it clear they are knowingly responsible. No doubt about mens rea...

So I advocate for a measured response in situations of unequal power. And you may find that those in charge are all too willing to create a written paper trail that will be readily producible during discovery. And if an employer makes it a habit to require such interventions (not a problem I've had to date) then its time to brush up on the resume, and perhaps do a little whistle blowing (though the latter has a distressing tendency to ruin one's life, a fact exploited by those in power).

From the list you showed, the number one positive journalist is also from Business Insider. So can I suppose, after all, it is still journalist's personal discretion for reporting theme, not editor's?

Lincoln dreaming 3 days before his assassination that the president was lying in state in the White House
[/QUOTE]

I think it can be a bit easy to tell someone else to put their job at risk based on your standards. I bristle a bit whenever someone advises others in this fashion.

That said, I have had a few times where my superiors instructed me to do things that were some combination of wrong, illegal, immoral and unethical. In those situations I looked at the situation and devised an approach for pushing back.

For example, I've counteroffered in a way that only rejected the clearly unethical part of the instructions. I've written up an analysis of the legal and contractual problems that are clearly consequent to the instructions and gotten in return clear, written acknowledgement of the issues with instructions to proceed anyway. I think of myself as cynical, but I've been surprised at the appetite for administrators to give me an unequivocal paper trail that makes it clear they are knowingly responsible. No doubt about mens rea...

So I advocate for a measured response in situations of unequal power. And you may find that those in charge are all too willing to create a written paper trail that will be readily producible during discovery. And if an employer makes it a habit to require such interventions (not a problem I've had to date) then its time to brush up on the resume, and perhaps do a little whistle blowing (though the latter has a distressing tendency to ruin one's life, a fact exploited by those in power).
I'm not necessarily telling Dana what to do.

But people have to own their actions. If you want a reputation as a fair and credible journalist, then your selection of employer and what you are willing to do (or refuse to do) will play in to that. If you opt to knowingly/deliberately skew your journalistic output in order to meet some editorial agenda, then you risk your reputation accordingly.

So my primary point is that to defend her or decide to give her stories more credence just because she's under some pressure seems disingenuous. I'd instead be inclined to say "organizational bias is evident in her output, so I don't give her much more weight than the National Enquirer at this point."

Privacy settings

Apparently Tesla wil (at least temporarily) will skip the final preparation of the Model 3’s in Zeebrugge, and this task will be transferred to the service centers. Due to the national strike yesterday the port of Zeebrugge was closed, and the 100 temp employees of ICO don’t need to return to work.

Last edited:
so after dropping someone off at a dealership to pick up their car following repairs I got a message letting me know that one of the car salesmen asked about me and my Tesla -- apparently (friendly) interest was high. Might be hard to sell for an ICE when what you like are EV.

Despite all the stories I hear about owners being approached this is the first time a stranger has expressed interest.