Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everybody still did not believe me talking about crazy demand in Europe should read this:

A happy German from a local Forum

(...) It is a dream. Pure madness. I love this car. The trip from SeC to my home was like a dream come true. Every darn minute of the almost 3 years, every cent of almost €60k, every second in the waiting queue of the hotline every little happiness before was it ALL worth it.

Even if your nerves are a little bid on edge...truly, **** the bad feelings! Be just happy that it is now the time! Can't give you more on your way. Simply enjoy the happiness anticipating. (...)

View attachment 377350

Let's think about this for a moment.

That guy will show his car ecstatic like he is today to family, friends and co workers in the next days, let them drive it and they will feel similar, impressed, amazed and just blown away from a new feeling they never had before driving.

Let say its 10 maybe 20 of them and some will instantly decide that this is their next car but others will realize that all what they read and heard about Tesla's issues be it fit and finish, Autopilot and Teslas as such has been complete nonsense and decide to use that opportunity to buy a few shares.... just in case.

Lets say just a small amount so 10 or 20 stocks and now multiply this with 10 to 20 relatives, family or friends and now multiply this with 50 to 100,000 new Model 3s sold in Europe... per year!

If in fact she is under pressure to spin negative Tesla articles then there is no point in trying to provide positive information since it will be ignored or spun negative. On the other hand if she has choice in the way she writes her articles then there is no excuse for what she's been doing. In either case she can't pretend she's unbiased, whatever the reason.
She got turned in to the action at port 80 and the shipments happening, which financials geniuses in NY seem unaware. She jumped on it and covered the story.
I am not young and one of the things I’ve learned and have to relearn on occasion is that accepting criticism isn’t always about people trying to ruin me, or ungrateful for my efforts. When I was younger, I’m thinking January, I might have a knee jerk reaction and push back on criticism. Sometimes pushing back is valid, often great work is unseen and minor issues rise to the top. That’s how life works, at least in my world. My best career defense is providing information on progress, response to issues and humility. It’s no reporters job to write love letters to Tesla. That’s great for us fans, we love the cars, the company and the owner.
If you want a short blast of dopamine keep trolling the independent people. You’ll have more to troll as times goes on, as they turn their frustration with us on Tesla. Let the tslaq wackos do that for us, with their vulgarity it should be easy to let them hang themselves. Spreading hate for Tesla just lets them off the hook.
Send Dana links of Germans loving their 3’s and French and swede’s (people like swede’s!). I’m sure tslaq is sending dirt her way. There’s tons of good news here. Send her fact checkers sales estimates, if that’s ok with FC.

Last thought, there’s being right and getting what you want. 47% of the time they’re mutually exclusive. I spend a lot of time being right, like maybe now, and I don’t usually win anyone over or gain any friends. To change the story you got to change hearts.

Didn’t mean to be so long. Not looking for a disagreement or fight. Tweeter and chart boy and toilet mark all deserve what for, they are outright hostile. Dana’s just trying to get by. Give her a break, and better yet, give her a scoop.

I think it can be a bit easy to tell someone else to put their job at risk based on your standards. I bristle a bit whenever someone advises others in this fashion.
Well, if that is the standard then none of us can say anything about other's work.

Afterall when Dana or others are writing stories, they are basically making judgements on how others are doing - companies, executives etc.

Atleast I hope people start developing a sense of what to expect from these reports regarding Tesla - just like they know what to expect from various reporters when it comes to politics.

(...) It is a dream. Pure madness. I love this car. The trip from SeC to my home was like a dream come true. Every darn minute of the almost 3 years, every cent of almost €60k, every second in the waiting queue of the hotline every little happiness before was it ALL worth it.

That's one of the most important points that many people are missing (Shorts, Adam Jonas, Bill Gates, etc.).

What he wrote is exactly what I feel. I have been driving the Model 3 for almost a year. I still want to go out drive it just for the fun. This car is so much better than the ICE cars, the demand will go vertical if people can afford it. That's what Tesla is doing: increase scale and reduce cost.

s
Everybody still did not believe me talking about crazy demand in Europe should read this:

A happy German from a local Forum

Even if your nerves are a little bid on edge...truly, **** the bad feelings! Be just happy that it is now the time! Can't give you more on your way. Simply enjoy the happiness anticipating. (...)

View attachment 377350
It is not a coincidence that BMW is getting hammered in the US. If I hadn't bought my P3D I'd be driving an M3 right now. The novelty alone should move a ton of units. Hey, it's a cool American car that isn't junk or a clunky muscle car? Das is gud!

MODERATOR ACTION AND WARNING:

There is a well-trod thread in the Investor Sector: Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction? which is the perfect venue for any discussion regarding, for example, a particular reporter.

ALL further discussion on same is to appear there and only there. Violations will be erased with no regard for their content. Mods may or may not go through the bothersome task of transmitting over there the preceding several dozen posts - it's a pain to do but do not tempt Moderators.

OT (but a fun subject)

The latter may have been intended to read "dark energy"?

Can't remember what I wrote, TBH, and it's like 40 pages back already so I ain't going looking... Of course I meant to say that with the visible mass astronomers observe in galaxies, they're not heavy enough to stick together, they should fly apart - that's the darl matter part. Then there's the increasing expansion of the universe, which should in fact decrease by any normal known laws, so there appears to be some kind of unknown repulsive force, which is termed dark energy.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams.

The German car magazine "auto motor und sport", that previously posted factual incorrect news about Musk and Tesla, made a brief test of the Model 3 - and to my surprise, was IMHO fair in it's judgment. Verdict: "The Model 3 is not perfect, but it's so good that German carmakers have to work hard to keep up."

By the way, they tested the range as being 276 kilometers (171 miles) at -1 degrees C (30 degrees F) and extrapolated this to be 400 km of range in warm weather. I consider this to be realistic given the speeds one will go on the German autobahn. Given the bad aerodynamics of etron and I-Pace they'll probably be at half that range. I hope they'll do a proper comparison. However, Jaguar and VW/Audi regularly pay for advertisement in that magazine.

The magazine issue is 5/2019, pages 60ff.

Privacy settings

Apparently Tesla wil (at least temporarily) will skip the final preparation of the Model 3’s in Zeebrugge, and this task will be transferred to the service centers. Due to the national strike yesterday the port of Zeebrugge was closed, and the 100 temp employees of ICO don’t need to return to work.

A strike over the index-rise this year - 0,9%. What's that, I hear you say? It's a very dubiously calculated %age that's supposed to reflect the change in the cost of living from year to year. Government, and other employees, get a salary increase based on that and landlords, for instance, can put up their rents by the same amount.

Reality is that electricity, gas and groceries have literally doubled over the last five years or so, it's actually cheaper to drive to another country for your weekly shopping - ANY other country.

I'd never heard of such a concept either, until I found myself living in this strange little country, 20 years back...

So, in your view, in a period when Tesla has grown exponentially, now makes an order of magnitude more EVs than anyone else, now makes more than half of the world's EV battery capacity, world's largest EV manufacturer, highest-rated car in the US, lowest NHTSA combined probability of injury in history, only EV manufacturer to be sustainably profitable on EVs (by far the highest EV profit margins), and has now been profitable for two quarters in a row, with nearly a billion dollars in quarterly free cash flow.... warrants a 2-to-1 negative-to-positive ratio?

Please elaborate on why you feel so.
@KarenRei ^^
a little graphical help from 2018, from Insideevs.com data only 100% EV, no PHEV :):)
upload_2019-2-14_15-41-14.png

Something triggered a jump in Arcimoto stock today (up 30 percent). Besides TSLA, FUV are the only pure play electric stock I know of. They are not a competitor to Tesla, different class of vehicle. I’d love to see Arcimoto do a deal with Tesla for battery pack supply. It would greatly help the mission.

Now up 100 percent. Frustrating because neither google nor their website reveals why. If anybody knows...

Rather amazing turnaround: just a couple of months ago they were one of the biggest Tesla shorts, via put options.
I'm wondering if there are any retail investors left in large numbers. Just some hardcore longs like us - rest are institutions. The going private tweet and plunge after that must have shaken off most of the retail longs.

So, when institutional investors are sitting on the sidelines, day traders and shorts can easily move the SP. Today for eg., the volume is so low - at times there are just 100 shares traded per minute (12:58 pm).

I think it can be a bit easy to tell someone else to put their job at risk based on your standards. I bristle a bit whenever someone advises others in this fashion.

That said, I have had a few times where my superiors instructed me to do things that were some combination of wrong, illegal, immoral and unethical. In those situations I looked at the situation and devised an approach for pushing back.

For example, I've counteroffered in a way that only rejected the clearly unethical part of the instructions. I've written up an analysis of the legal and contractual problems that are clearly consequent to the instructions and gotten in return clear, written acknowledgement of the issues with instructions to proceed anyway. I think of myself as cynical, but I've been surprised at the appetite for administrators to give me an unequivocal paper trail that makes it clear they are knowingly responsible. No doubt about mens rea...

So I advocate for a measured response in situations of unequal power. And you may find that those in charge are all too willing to create a written paper trail that will be readily producible during discovery. And if an employer makes it a habit to require such interventions (not a problem I've had to date) then its time to brush up on the resume, and perhaps do a little whistle blowing (though the latter has a distressing tendency to ruin one's life, a fact exploited by those in power).

If you work in IT, especially in security, you're constantly having to get in writing things to CYA, such as having higher ups acknowledge the legal/compliance risk associated with an action. People may call me paranoid, but I ensure any change I make with a potential risk has an email to back up the action. Often times the best that can be accomplished is voicing your opinion on the matter, documenting your objection, and their overriding your objection. It can be at times depressing, admittedly.

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
OT
Something triggered a jump in Arcimoto stock today (up 30 percent). Besides TSLA, FUV are the only pure play electric stock I know of. They are not a competitor to Tesla, different class of vehicle. I’d love to see Arcimoto do a deal with Tesla for battery pack supply. It would greatly help the mission.
Now up 100 percent. Frustrating because neither google nor their website reveals why. If anybody knows...
People realized the three wheeler in yesterday’s news is not the answer, but this one might be?

• Helpful
Reactions: Carl Raymond