Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I smell a Tesla killer:
Exclusive: new ID R sports car to pioneer secret battery tech | Autocar
They have patented the battery tech. What should we do?
Buy more TSLA
upload_2020-2-23_21-58-39.png

I smell a Tesla killer:
Exclusive: new ID R sports car to pioneer secret battery tech | Autocar
They have patented the battery tech. What should we do?
Sell sell sell! Let’s get the hell outta here!

jk I expect to see many advancements in this arena as more money flows this way. I think Tesla is using the top engineers they can find for battery tech and can maintain a lead in this field for the foreseeable future. The best way to advance your own batteries is to steal Tesla’s engineers. They are really the first to attack battery cells like this and so there’s no blueprint on how to advance quickly in this field.

Does TSLA on NASDAQ usually follow Frankfurt? I hope not...
Frankfurt is always very low volume and seem to follow macros with a multiplier for Tsla.

From memory it's more common that it goes back upwards once US premarkets kick in than that it continues down.

I think it's mostly computers buying/selling. Frankfurt doesn't matter to much.

Not advice obviously.

Reactions: SpaceCash
The flu has a fatality rate of about 0.1% of cases. COVID-19, this Corona virus, currently has an estimated fatality rat of 2.1%, 3.1%, or 10%, depending on which source you quote. So it's either about 21, 31, or 100 times more lethal than the flu. It's also more contagious than the flu.

Italy has canceled large sports events, closed universities, and taken other measures to try and stop the spread.

It's already on multiple continents so may meet the definition of a pandemic. The news in many places may be downplaying it in an effort to avoid panic. The WHO is now discussing mitigation efforts, instead of containment.

It's a big deal. It is not the flu.

As for the impact on the market, my guess is that most of the market will be impacted so it's either leave money in tsla or go to cash. I'm leaving in tsla as I figure they will either weather it better than the avg company or no worse than avg, but I have no experience in this type or situation so this is definitely not an advice.

Man, I've seen these two comments play out so many times.

"It's just a flu bro"
"No it kills 2%. 2% of 7.7bil is 140 million people."

Let's just say we'll land somewhere in between 20k per year and 140 million per year.