Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just over 7M shares traded by 11:30 AM on a Monday. This is not a sell off. Where're the sellers?
I appreciate people on this board who stay positive for the others during times like this. Please don't make their job harder.

Yeah, I'm surprised by this unimpressive volume. -7% on fairly mundane volume is weird.

I see the market value of Tesla’s pooling credits increasing.. wonder if they will have any way to take advantage of that...
I expect the value with Fiat is locked in. Fiat will probably need every car that Tesla can sell. If the FCA-PSA merger also applies to the pool, they will surely need every car Tesla can sell.

Reactions: Fact Checking
War rumors, pandemic fear, political turbulences are usually great buy opportunities for the stock market as they are short lived incidents at least in their impact on WallStreet.

When you tell people while it happens they say its "too risky to buy" and later they tell you they should have listened and ask when we are near ATH again if they should buy now ... ‍

That is, provided you sold at the top and actually have cash ready to buy. I hope some of you took profit on this 12 year run up and have cash ready.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
...TSLA will not be corrected as it's still undervalued

What? It just got corrected along with the market. The two are clearly tied short-term and the media makes sure of that as if Tesla is being hit hardest in China (which is the opposite as we know). True, not the time to get out. But take what you need for the time being BECAUSE of the macros.

I noticed the phrasing on the purchases here today are to wait it out for a month. Anyone in for the quick trades on this dip (as in this week)? I sure wouldn't.

To be clear, I need some funding to last the year on a startup to the tune of about 100-150 shares. But then again, maybe a bad time for a startup (depending on many things of course). I'm still in a Hold pattern for remaining shares, and plenty for the runup later in the year for sure. Maybe I just dump 50 today, and only b/c of the recession fear.

Please, no lessons on when not to sell. I planned this for today based on the predictions made by PapaFox on early Friday AM. No hard feelings at all. His prediction for Friday to hold below 900 was scary accurate, so I was looking for a 920 today... oh well, life goes on. :)

Reactions: aubreymcfato
What? It just got corrected along with the market. The two are clearly tied short-term and the media makes sure of that as if Tesla is being hit hardest in China (which is the opposite as we know). True, not the time to get out. But take what you need for the time being BECAUSE of the macros.

I noticed the phrasing on the purchases here today are to wait it out for a month. Anyone in for the quick trades on this dip (as in this week)? I sure wouldn't.

The market is in a panic mostly about Coronavirus and a few other things too. It could easily rise 700 points tomorrow.

Ironically, China might be the best equipped country in the world to contain the virus. The government can do whatever it wants, has money (they built hospitals literally overnight) and the population is compliant. If this thing hits the US and we get told to stay at home, we'll all ignore it, 'cos y'know, liberty and *sugar*.

Anyway, you do what you've got to do - I would say that probably now is a great time to be a startup. The cash and value has to be invested somewhere, and small companies in local markets are less likely to be impacted by systemic issues.

Lot of money waiting at $799.

giphy.gif

The market is in a panic mostly about Coronavirus and a few other things too. It could easily rise 700 points tomorrow.

Ironically, China might be the best equipped country in the world to contain the virus. The government can do whatever it wants, has money (they built hospitals literally overnight) and the population is compliant. If this thing hits the US and we get told to stay at home, we'll all ignore it, 'cos y'know, liberty and *sugar*.

Anyway, you do what you've got to do - I would say that probably now is a great time to be a startup. The cash and value has to be invested somewhere, and small companies in local markets are less likely to be impacted by systemic issues.

Thanks for the encouragement. And after writing my last post, the market dropped even more. So, now I am guilty of trying to time today's market and just got punished for it, lol. Now I'm waiting for a push end of day... that's not happening is it?

Not sure about US, but here in Italy we are in full-swing paranoia.
The most productive (PIL-wise) regions are shutting down public services (schools, museums, etc.), asking people to stay at home, wash your hand several times per day, avoid public meetings etc.
I live in one of those regions and people are starting to buy everything in supermarkets, they are scared. Austria allegedly blocked an Italian train yeasteday night with 300 people in it.

Now, there have been just 7 casualties from the virus, all elder people with prior health conditions.
And, unknown to most, in Italy everything sucks besides food, fashion and the *health system*. Institutions are actually working but media are scavengers and talk about the virus 24/7. Headline on newspapers would make the Black Plague blush.
I personally am fairly calm, but I understand that fear is here to say for a few weeks, so markets are gonna plunge.
BTW, the silver lining is that CO2 emissions are gonna plunge too, so not all is bad ;-)