Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

To resurrect another Palpatine meme... ;)

AWk2ZOX.gif

(Also, what I'm told when I go to the optometrist... )

They're all just waiting for an eventual bailout or extension.
Actually some interesting points made in the comment section, surprising for jalopnik.

Potential bailouts from these fines would have a massive impact on Tesla. As our fleet grows exponentially, so can the FCA-style deals. We could have 3x as much if this "business" in 18 months. A bailout could mean the kids of billions in free cash.

We should probably be talking about this more.

After reading about Germany (with 15% labor in automotive), I smell recession triggered by virus, sustained by auto failures and layoffs. Just saying, I'm sure the smart money is deleveraging.
I de-leveraged a little bit this morning. I'm probably being too cautious but I have a loan that I need cash to be able to payoff. I've held off doing that because I've been earning far more on my investments than the interest expense.

My core shares and 50% of my trading shares are untouched, as are my handful of LEAPs. About 2 weeks ago I moved my 401k money around. Favoring value vs growth and added to health care funds.

On the plus side the $285 put I bought in January for insurance skyrocketed to a value of $50 this morning so I pounced on that. ;)

I feel terrible even thinking this but I'm thinking about putting in some stop losses at 800.

I know Tesla is worth way more but smells like the whole market is in trouble.

As a general rule, "sell on the way down, buy on the way up" is a losing strategy in the long-term, even if you might win in some specific cases. I'll also remind you that most of the stock's total growth happens in just a few days, so if you're not in, you miss out.

Just a caution.

As a general rule, "sell on the way down, buy on the way up" is a losing strategy. I'll also remind you that most of the stock's total growth happens in just a few days, so if you're not in, you miss out.

Just a caution.

Ya I know it's a terrible strategy. Unfortunetly due to my good fortune this year I will owe quite a bit in taxes already and I'm hesitant to "weather the storm". If it wasn't for the taxes I'm going to owe i woudl be happy to hold Tesla to 200 on it's it' back to 2000

Reactions: aubreymcfato
I guess a bunch of investors who panic sold at open have now seen the video of tesla employees still working happily in china, but wearing masks. They might also realize that electric cars are way simpler in terms of supply-chains, and thus less vulnerable to disruption. the smart money today shorts volkswagen and buys tsla.
Thanks for the compliment! ;)
I am actually short BMW via some 10x leverage bear etf, of which I sold some before Wall St opened, and bought 10 TSLA at an average of about 833 just after open. That brought me back to my previous status quo, just about. One more buy order sits below 830, in case it might get filled today. None of this is my core holding though.

All in all, feeling pretty pleased with myself. And the sun is shining, and we got to see some rock carvings new to us (~1500 BC). Tomorrow may snow, I don't care! :cool: And let BMW take a second dip, I got more ... :p

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and capster
Ya I know it's a terrible strategy. Unfortunetly due to my good fortune this year I will owe quite a bit in taxes already and I'm hesitant to "weather the storm". If it wasn't for the taxes I'm going to owe i woudl be happy to hold Tesla to 200 on it's it' back to 2000
On the plus side, if the stock tanks then you won't owe those taxes anymore!

Converted my last LEAP into shares today. I was in all calls since 350 SP and managed (with great difficulty) to keep them all into 7/8/900s SP, only rolling down and out along the way.

I almost certainly have enough for my retirement now in my early 40's and will stay in all shares going forward. I'll only convert back into a few LEAPs if we fall to 600 or so.

"Never risk what you have and need for what you don't have and don't need"
-Warren Buffett

Not looking so simple so far today.

It is when you least expect it and are at your most confident where the marker takes the opportunity to smash your face and crush your options and strategies by continuously punishing dip buyers with relentless drops. That is why corrections suck so much. Not trying to sound pessimistic, but pretty sure all the big players are short and making a killing right now. They are not going to be in a hurry to reverse course. Talking about market as a whole right now not just TSLA. Like everyone else here, banking on TSLA bucking the trend. Don't forget, we had a huge run. 600 would still mean we are almost triple a few months ago.

War rumors, pandemic fear, political turbulences are usually great buy opportunities for the stock market as they are short lived incidents at least in their impact on WallStreet.

When you tell people while it happens they say its "too risky to buy" and later they tell you they should have listened and ask when we are near ATH again if they should buy now ... ‍

It is when you least expect it and are at your most confident where the marker takes the opportunity to smash your face and crush your options and strategies by continuously punishing dip buyers with relentless drops. That is why corrections suck so much. Not trying to sound pessimistic, but pretty sure all the big players are short and making a killing right now. They are not going to be in a hurry to reverse course. Talking about market as a whole right now not just TSLA. Like everyone else here, banking on TSLA bucking the trend. Don't forget, we had a huge run. 600 would still mean we are almost triple a few months ago.

we hit $380 in 2017... 600 is not that great.

Reactions: Tim S and AZRI11

just over 7M shares traded by 11:30 AM on a Monday. This is not a sell off. Where're the sellers?
I appreciate people on this board who stay positive for the others during times like this. Please don't make their job harder.