Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to harp constantly on the Model X falcon wing doors, but I think I got on people's nerves so I stopped posting about it. However, I still honestly think they are one of Elon's biggest mistakes (which, honestly, there haven't been a ton). But, I have always felt those doors held up production, cost a TON to deign and engineer, drove the cost of the car up unreasonably, and cost Tesla millions upon millions in warranty repair costs.

So today, I can across this 1 year review. The presenter was revealing his thoughts after 1 year of ownership and whether he would recommend the X. His answer was a flat out NO. And the main reason why - the falcon wing doors. I couldn't help but coming and posting this because I'm still hoping those damn things will one day go away. But NOT the self-presenting doors!!

Geez

Let me offer you this 4 and 2 year review of my two X’s.

They're great and I view FWDs as a huge positive.

Even if true and effective, widespread usage will be dependent on drug cost
Umm, people are panicking about this virus stalling the global economy. I suspect politicians around the globe will spend as much of their taxpayers’ money as it takes to stay in offIce slow it’s spread.

Umm, people are panicking about this virus stalling the global economy. I suspect politicians around the globe will spend as much of their taxpayers’ money as it takes to stay in offIce slow it’s spread.
I figure what's going to happen is that containment fails and it spreads all over. People realize that it's not much more dangerous than the seasonal flu and vaccines will be on their way. Trump is desperate to keep the market strong to ensure his re-election (and to be fair to him, though it's tough, most Presidents would feel the same) and will do whatever he needs to pump money into the economy. We stabilize, markets go back up and people who panicked lose a lot of money. We might wind up getting our COVID-19 shot each fall along with our normal flu shots.

I hope this finally forces China to clean up their act and stop giving us new pandemic viruses every decade.

The definition of a possible case is someone who recently travelled from one of those cities and has flu like symptoms ...and this is winter...so yeah expect a lot of people testing negative....
Right, but I don't expect the markets to see it that way.

The media is NOT helping with the panic.