Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sold 10 - Jan 21' $450 Puts for $46.50. happy to buy 1K more at that price if it comes to that and pocket the $46K in the meanwhile...
That's roughly my plan, though smaller :) I'm sitting on cash and TSLA shares. The only other thing I wanted to buy was oil industry puts, waited too long, and now that's out of the picture until there's a full recovery. Since I got nothing else on the horizon for at least 3 months.....I guess I'll sell TSLA puts for the first time ever.

Trying to time this recovery to the upside will be impossible if this CV scare goes another 2 or 3 weeks and drives us into a real macro downturn. I'd much rather bet on a TSLA floor, pocket the premium, and if I'm wrong I double my TSLA exposure @ around $450 cost basis. Gonna wait another few days to feel out the bottom and will jump at any slight sign of CV winds changing.

That's not really accurate. They're tracking everyone who traveled and is showing any flu-like symptoms.

I wonder how these things get blown out of proportion?

That’s not accurate.

They’re tracking 8,400 people who came from high incidence areas. Not just any traveler. There’s 10-fold more travelers that pass through SFO alone each day.

Edit: problem with “monitoring” this many is that it’s all just voluntary reporting in the US. In the case of self-quarantine, what % of people with usual flu like symptoms will self-quarantine themselves at home for 2 weeks in the US? I’m guessing very few just from looking at the sniffling and coughing people I see out everyday.

Last edited:
That’s not accurate.

They’re tracking 8,400 people who came from high incidence areas. Not just any traveler. There’s 10-fold more travelers that pass through SFO alone each day.
These people are considered high risk due to travel patterns and flu symptoms, they're not "potential" or "possible" cases. This group of travelers was exactly the same size with exactly the same symptoms this time last year, that's my point.

They're being cautious, as they should.

3qidf7.jpg

That's roughly my plan, though smaller :) I'm sitting on cash and TSLA shares. The only other thing I wanted to buy was oil industry puts, waited too long, and now that's out of the picture until there's a full recovery. Since I got nothing else on the horizon for at least 3 months.....I guess I'll sell TSLA puts for the first time ever.

Trying to time this recovery to the upside will be impossible if this CV scare goes another 2 or 3 weeks and drives us into a real macro downturn. I'd much rather bet on a TSLA floor, pocket the premium, and if I'm wrong I double my TSLA exposure @ around $450 cost basis. Gonna wait another few days to feel out the bottom and will jump at any slight sign of CV winds changing.
I'm eyeing up the July time frame to maybe sell puts. That puts us in summer so at worst the CV is tamped down, past Q1 swirl, into Q3 so profit in Q1 or Q2 might put us in S&P 500 territory, and for news of the new Gigafactory, battery day etc. to be processed.

At that point if somebody makes me buy shares at $600 or so I won't be terribly mad.

SPY down to 295, we're way too oversold now.
I think the market was looking for a reason for correction, due to exuberance on many stocks in the last few months to years. The tesla story has yet to unfold with model Y, semi, energy storage, FSD, solar, solar roof, and of course that darn battery-- the one thing that the other manufacturers were going to go to costco to get to build their cars.

Again, the question needs to be asked, how are they getting 500+ mile range (rumored 600) in a heavy duty truck with non aerodynamic giant tires, air suspension, and extra weight to handle big payload and towing capacity, let alone slinging a model S around the 'ring at competitive speeds. wasn't it just a few years ago that no one could even consider tracking a tesla?

Is this growth YOY in production, revenue, and advancements normal?-- of course not, and the tesla story is yet to unfold. The lack of recent short selling pressure allowed it to rise naturally, and has more to go.

Finally, is spacex really launching hundreds-thousands of satellites so everyone around the world can get on their phone quicker to respond and flame this post or are they going to make wireless energy transmission as a prelude for mars transmission and backup....

These people are considered high risk due to travel patterns and flu symptoms, they're not "potential" or "possible" cases. This group of travelers was exactly the same size with exactly the same symptoms this time last year, that's my point.

They're being cautious, as they should.

If you think about it, "possible cases" is whatever you want it to be. It's possible, to some degree for any given person to have it. You could say there's 30,000,000 possible cases of coronavirus in CA and would technically be correct.

what-me-worry-2.jpg

But seriously folks, being in on TSLA from 2011 has desensitized me to the panic, fear-mongering, and volatility.
When Jon Stewart signed off The Daily Show he advised that there was a whole lot of BS out there.
Don't fall for it.
As I repeatedly explain to my accountant, my "net-worth" remains unchanged (although the amount of money I have goes up and down). Tesla's "net-worth" is extraordinarily high, and increasing, for all of its' goals for mankind. Your true "net-worth" remains unchanged also.