Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I've received some negative ratings I will post excellent article by Tomas Pueyo on Coronavirus: Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

Since the USA is not taking testing very seriously (in 7 weeks they managed to test 11k persons, South Korea meanwhile tests the same number of people in one day) the number of cases in the USA is much higher. And we can all see what happened in Italy when public capacity is overwhelmed by patients.

I did not see this posted here:

upload_2020-3-16_10-18-50.png

In one of the service centres. Not the whole country.

My point was that deliveries happen in spite of this.
It does not matter whether the entire Tesla, or just one small team. If 10 out of a team of 20 ppl are under quarantine, it's hard to believe (thus requested the link), going back to my statement that the entire country has less than 1300 infected. If 1 out of 2 person team is under quarantine, then spin it as 50% is pure FUD

Btw., what type of quarantine does Norway impose? Entire apartment blocks, or radius of infected person lockdown, or only infected + family?

Infected + family. And everybody they have recently met. So the Tesla employees might just have met someone who later tested positive for C19.

I don't believe that Robinhood is a good proxy (for the little guy). Robinhood is full of young people trading less than 10 shares at a time for entertainment. They are like play accounts. I wouldn't use their trade data for anything. Most of them have no clue what they are doing and their accounts are not big enough to matter.
and ALL those are parameters of the "little guy" trading in the Stock Market.

On a sad note - I had a factory tour at Fremont schedule for March 25th, which Tesla cancelled. Said to check back in May to re-schedule. I wanted to see those Y's!

While I am sad to hear you will lose out on your Fremont factory tour, I am very happy to learn that also in the USA Tesla is taking steps to keep their staff healthy (and productive).

Ok, my whole trading range idea has been suffering indignities. First, I thought that $370 to $670 would make a lovely range, But then the price surged to $969. So my second range was $670 to $970. Then CV set in, taking floor price down below $570. Then there is today. I set a limit order to buy at $420 thinking that such a price was indeed possible. So let me update my price range to get out of ahead of things.

New range: $370 to $970

Adam Jonas is my new hero.

How's trading along the trend line working out for people?

I don't believe that Robinhood is a good proxy (for the little guy). Robinhood is full of young people trading less than 10 shares at a time for entertainment. They are like play accounts. I wouldn't use their trade data for anything. Most of them have no clue what they are doing and their accounts are not big enough to matter.
@StealthP3D
Vaguely OT
Daughter uses Robinhood and Schwab, just doubled # of her TSLA shares

I have heard this rumor too. It would be a good move. Americans still don’t get it.

Nope. The Nation Security Council (NSC) tweeted last night that these rumors posted on social media are "FAKE".

Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE. There is no national lockdown. @CDCgov has and will continue to post the latest guidance on #COVID19. #coronavirus
https://twitter.com/WHNSC
NSC - National Quarantine rumors are FAKE..png