Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the numbers sky rocketing NYC, are we likely to see a complete shutdown of the market sooner or later? I welcome it so I don't have to look at the sp anymore during this stressful time, but I guess its terrible for stock prices when compared to the other times wallstreet shut down like post 911.

As long as the country I shutting down the stock market should shut down too. Everyone in hibernation!

Reactions: house9
Tesla Fremont factory parking lot, busy as usual

Attachments

• 270EFEE9-F102-44DE-9369-316FE012C3A8.jpeg
    270EFEE9-F102-44DE-9369-316FE012C3A8.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 5787CA29-3099-4CB8-9BED-3B1BA974113F.jpeg
    5787CA29-3099-4CB8-9BED-3B1BA974113F.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 73
The point is that $8B is going to last long enough to get Shanghai fully ramped, get Berlin online, get Fremont back online and have Giga-somewhere-central-US in progress....

Managing the economic downturn may impact short term earnings over the next 1-2 years, and perhaps the pace of expansion, we will learn more in the earnings call.

Yes these are uncertain times but $8B should last up to 16 quarters or 4 years with careful management and a moderate amount of luck.
When Tesla start to apply permits for importing MIC Model 3 into US, someone will make sure whoever want Fremont to shut will shut themselves.

Last edited:
As long as the country I shutting down the stock market should shut down too. Everyone in hibernation!

I was wishing for this as well at one point, but then I realized it could potentially really harm people who depend upon the market for regular income.

How many retirees still have the bulk of their pensions and 401Ks invested in some asset traded on the market? How will disbursements be made from those retirement accounts if assets aren't allowed to be sold?

Banning the initiation of new short positions, on the other hand, probably wouldn't actively harm anyone and could help mollify the market.

Slightly OT, just on the hypothetical discussion we had about Tesla building a new GA yesterday..

I've had one additional thought, they could use something like a Boring Co sled to move cars between stations, they may be able to re-purpose older AP1 Model S/X for this purpose...

So now all you need is a tent, and a bunch of sleds, that is your line, that you can quickly move anywhere...

This is not something I'm expecting them to do now, but it is interesting if this concept is the future of production lines, and I think I saw something like it once. I think it was a European car factory... but my memory is hazy...

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Here is the order, wonder how it will further impact the factory:

https://covid19.ca.gov/img/N-33-20.pdf

Don't think it'll matter. Tesla is using the federal guidelines that count auto manufactures as essential business to national security(just in case they need to use them to make tanks, or hey ventilators..lol). So they have considered them exempt. The closure seems to be a decision from Tesla and not from the government.

The state order is clearer that it exempts the critical infrastructure which includes vehicle manufacturing. This means Fremont was arm twisting unnecessarily.

The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except as needed to follow the federal critical infrastructure sectors.”

Critical Manufacturing Sector | CISA

Stop begging... hostile take over, in this environment? Give me a break.

I saw 18% gain today. Keep shorting, bud.
Come on, let's have a civil discussion. Do we really think the environment is the same as when they did a capital raise? I'm not shorting, I just have a believe that the disruption to the markets and our society is going to be several months.

Btw, how's that 18% doing after hours?

The state order is clearer that it exempts the critical infrastructure which includes vehicle manufacturing. This means Fremont was arm twisting unnecessarily.

The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except as needed to follow the federal critical infrastructure sectors.”

Critical Manufacturing Sector | CISA

I'm so confused at this point. The state order clearly states vehicle production is exempt so Tesla could start production again whenever they want. The state order has to override any city/county order, right? This is just confusing now.

I'm so confused at this point. The state order clearly states vehicle production is exempt so Tesla could start production again whenever they want. The state order has to override any city/county order, right? This is just confusing now.

Probably a lot of fake news drama stirred up by shorts, getting all those people involved when Tesla knew they were considered to be essential. Even their closure letter sounded like the government allowed them to operate but they felt it was best for the safety of their workers in certain challenging areas.

Good news is they can open whenever they want since they are not under any federal restriction.