Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no surprises here. not enough cars to sell or deliver. Probably will end up being more as they clear out inventory. Although China sales expansion might offset that so who knows exactly how this will all settle out in the short term.

Actually there are inventory cars within 200 miles of my location that would fit my criteria for purchase...problem: They can not/will not do even 'no touch' delivery. That applies from NY thru VA

Edit: My quote for trade in value from Tesla is good till mid April and they won't potentially under best situation reopen for delivery till May 1st

Reactions: EVCollies
Actually there are inventory cars within 200 miles of my location that would fit my criteria for purchase...problem: They can not/will not do even 'no touch' delivery. That applies from NY thru VA

Edit: My quote for trade in value from Tesla is good till mid April and they won't potentially under best situation reopen for delivery till May 1st
yeah, but the number of sales and delivery staff they have far exceeds the cars they have available. Especially with no new cars being produced out of Fremont.

I wonder if a larger portion of the employees being furloughed are on the east coast since you're saying they may not allow any deliveries in April.

Some good sales comparisons/charts for the US for the first quarter showing the Tesla surge against competitors.

2020 US Vehicle Sales Figures By Brand

Did anyone notice the footnote that the automotive industry changed to quarterly sales (from monthly, I assume)?
Was that caused indirectly by Tesla's quarterly schedule? Easier to hide bumps maybe?

No, not quite. I don't think big hedge funds are "crashing the stock market" in the sense that it's actively hurting them.... Some smaller funds are getting killed and I think it's naive to assume that there isn't a feeding frenzy going on behind the scenes that's exacerbating their problems of poor performance, redemptions, forced selling, repeat...

I'm not assuming anything, just curious if there is any evidence that big funds can hurt smaller funds without hurting themselves. I don't understand how they could, but I guess it's not relevant to Tesla.

...I don't think it's wrong for folks to consider the fact that a single unavailable or delayed component anywhere in the assembly can degrade the entire line anywhere from 1% reduced throughput to full shutdown until it's resolved....

No one doubts that Tesla needs 100% of a car's parts to make the car. I do doubt that Tesla will allow a part to go missing from their supply chain long enough to degrade production. Their parts buyers solve such problems before breakfast.

Should i presume different testing methods will account for cybertruck 500 mile range-- in a heavier car, more batteries which are heavier, and large non aerodynamic and huge contact tires?
No. The tests are standard by country (some countries have more than one type of test). This means that you can't take the numbers from China, Japan, U.S., or Germany and directly compare them. In particular the Japanese city test (I forget the name) would give about 2000 miles because it's based on ~15 km/h speed.

Reactions: RobStark
And with COVID-19 they will have an excuse not to pay back the rightful Taxpayer and most likely ask for much more. Their loan was specific amoung other items to built out EVs. How are they doing with that? Ford sqaundered it all away during the good times. All OEM will go bankwupt without Government intervention. Tesla will be the only stand out.

1) Right now Ford is asking for "Cash for Clunkers" program.

2) The loan was specifically for "green manufacturing" and lowering emissions. That included hybrids, efficient HVAC systems, low emissions paint booths processes plus a plethora of nitty gritty manufacturing details to lower emissions from the factories themselves. Ford didn't get $5.9B to manufacture BEVs. This was done to "level the playing field" where GM and FCA got direct government help whereas Ford acquired loans at commercial rates.

Huh? You need that question answered? Really?

There’s no answer to it that isn’t: WIN! Making the question irrelevant. If you buy all the stock you can get your hands on and hold it - ******* unbelievably rich. How hard is that? Not hard. Easy peasy. No questions need to be answered. Finish line!

I guess I'm a Tesla fanboy who's excited to see how it will change the world first, and a TSLA investor second ;)

Obviously I don't need that question answered to decide whether to invest. I'm fully invested and wouldn't sell a single share if stock went to $5k tomorrow.

Actually, I had a dream about TSLA last night. I was watching the ticker with a friend on an options expiration Friday, and suddenly the stock hit $1,100, then next second $1,200, and then it continued to swiftly run up until it hit $4,000 something before dropping back down. We were both super excited about what we had just witnessed, but when we looked back at the ticker it suddenly hit $8,500!! It wasn't until this point that I had the thought that maybe I should jump behind my PC and sell a few shares in the hopes of buying them back cheaper later :D