Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to see Tesla show people how to restart the economy. Start at 50-60% maybe, have right PPE for line employees and build on the touchless delivery process. I expect they’ll be significantly more productive when they come back.
  • Will they have the aluminum injection system online for the model 3?
  • Will they enable any of the new wiring process for the Y?
    Is the one piece rear trunk mold ready for the model 3?
  • Has Panasonic updated battery chemistry to increase range?
  • Will they offer the RWD long range again?

Yes, it has occurred to me that a new cast rear end of the Model 3 and the return of the LR RWD are possible.

For the new wiring harness, we may see it in the Plaid Model S.
My logic is the Plaid Model S, will have a new battery, faster charging and a lot of updated electrical components.. for example it will probably have the radar heater and the front speaker wiring.. etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: dc_h and jbcarioca
Maybe I jumped the gun, futures starting out moderately red this afternoon. Tesla doesn’t always follow macros though, so hopefully there’s some divergence tmrw if tmrw ultimately ends up red for broader markets
Think it's because BJ made it out of hospital? :rolleyes:

Some kind of deal was already priced in Friday's close and the final agreement to cut production was below expectations.

Oh well. I bought a ton of oil stocks last week. I figured it’s a win win. If they go bankwupt, great! If they come back it’s just more to feed my TSLA addiction with.

Oh well. I bought a ton of oil stocks last week. I figured it’s a win win. If they go bankwupt, great! If they come back it’s just more to feed my TSLA addiction with.
Mods, please forgive me for the OT reply:

My 2 cents is they won't go bankrupt. Another cut (or two) will happen if necessary because there is just too much at stake. Saudi Arabia cannot afford to tick off their supporters in Congress much more. MBS and minions know if the U.S. ceases to prop them up (diplomatically and militarily), KSA is dead meat in a hurry.

It's really a no-win situation for KSA. The country is unsalvageable and doomed to eventually fail because it has wasted the last 50 years.

Mark Melnick live right know,,, looks like he finally got it!

This is very good news! Specifically, when the people who call Tesla cars "electronic" vehicles and who have never owned the stock or had a previous opinion of the company, good or bad, start to believe TSLA is going to the moon, well, that's a very strong signal that Tesla is hitting the big-time!

Stardate 284077.17808219173 New York Times

"Tesla achieves full Full Self Drive robotaxi just like the 76 year old founder Elon Musk predicted last year."

I will bet you a Mars Roadster that it won't take that long.

What I should've said was: I would not assume because Elon was wrong last year that he was wrong yesterday.

History also shows that when scoffers reach peak hilarity, Elon gets the last laugh. :)

There will be a loss of business in the oil & gas industry but they won't all go bankwupt for a long time. Right now, EV sales are less than 10% overall worldwide, and EVs are less than 5% of vehicles on the road. Even when EVs get to be 90% of sales 5-15 years from now, gasoline vehicles will still be in the majority and will still need gas stations. Oil refineries produce
  • gasoline/petrol
  • diesel
  • chemicals
  • fertilizer
  • plastics
  • [pollution]
and their gasoline+diesel business is around 60% of product output (I'm too lazy to look this up. Somebody else can give better numbers... calling @Fact Checking...). Some refineries will close and producers will go out of business but the industry will not collapse (at least not due to existence of EVs). Even if the gasoline + diesel business went to zero (it won't), the O&G business would continue to exist for the remaining products.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Mark Melnick live right know,,, looks like he finally got it!

This is an amazing video, well worth watching. He refers to EVs as "Electronic Vehicles" and confuses the Cybertruck with the Tesla Semi, but his major points are valid and refreshingly realistic about Tesla and TSLA. He's no Cathie Wood but gives some positive spin on the future of the company.

There will be a loss of business in the oil & gas industry but they won't all go bankwupt for a long time. Right now, EV sales are less than 10% overall worldwide, and EVs are less than 5% of vehicles on the road. Even when EVs get to be 90% of sales 5-15 years from now, gasoline vehicles will still be in the majority and will still need gas stations. Oil refineries produce
  • gasoline/petrol
  • diesel
  • chemicals
  • fertilizer
  • plastics
  • [pollution]
and their gasoline+diesel business is around 60% of product output (I'm too lazy to look this up. Somebody else can give better numbers... calling @Fact Checking...). Some refineries will close and producers will go out of business but the industry will not collapse (at least not due to existence of EVs). Even if the gasoline + diesel business went to zero (it won't), the O&G business would continue to exist for the remaining products.

Making predictions in this area is difficult.

My recollection is gasoline + diesel is 70%, take that component out and oil companies are making less money, but their overheads haven't dropped.

Same applies to lower levels of sales, in both cases fixed overheads are constant, for lower volumes they need higher margins. For example, is is hard to predict the price of plastic when the gasoline + diesel business goes to zero

Even hybrids used as an EV for daily driving can have a large effect, most driving is daily driving, road trips are relatively rare.

At a certain tipping point, gas stations start closing, used EVs are increasingly available, more car makers start making EVs in volume, the change accelerates.

Where we are now, the most likely accelerators are Tesla and the Chinese, with Battery Investor Day likely to give us some indication of the rate of change. A key point is EVs achieving price parity with ICE.

That is a long term aim for Tesla, short term they need margins to be sufficient to fund expansion and be profitable.

IMO price parity for EVs will not be hard to achieve, Telsa will get there first with perhaps the Chinese not far behind, but Tesla will still have a significantly better product.

When a new Tesla is the same price as a similarly sized ICE car, what are people going to buy?

Reactions: madodel
  • gasoline/petrol
  • diesel
  • chemicals
  • fertilizer
  • plastics
  • [pollution]
The bat signal doesn't work anymore. We're stuck doing our own research from now on.