Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how Overlord Musk got caught up in that. He left the last adviser board for a good reason.

That being said, I think he may have a better idea how to have safety measures in place for the operation of manufacturing establishments, since he has GF Shanghai currently using them.
I just hope Trump doesn't piss him off again this time, or any of the other guys. He tends to do that.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
The other option: Gov Abbott wants the GF. He tells Musk that the dealership laws will be amended favorably for Tesla. When the legislature gets back in session next January, he tells them to get it done. They do what he says.
My question is, where does the steel come from? Will the special SpaceX/Tesla stainless steel alloy be imported from existing steel mills elsewhere, or will it be worthwhile for 'Musk Industries' to build / operate their own steel mill?

How will this affect logistics? Say there's 600K Cybertrucks per year at 1 ton per truck, that's 600K tons of steel per year just for Cybertruck (Model Y will use even more). How much steel is needed for Starship? Superheavy? Who needs more steel, Tesla or SpaceX? Will it be enough tonnage to make sealift an important consideration for site selection?

So blah, blah, blah... Houston! Specifically, Port Arthur which is the black heart of Mordor. ;)

hF0150AA2

Cheers!

P.S. Chicagoland is my 2nd choice, but I still need @Curt Renz to explain how we work with the Illinois labor union laws.

Last edited:
Who’s tanking us? How dare they! Short sellers have been killed twice in less than 4 months this year. They can get it again if they want
The SP was always going to tend toward the Upper-BB but the good news is it's heading up again, about $100 in the 4 session since Apr 9:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-04-15.11-45.png

Tomorrow, the Upper-BB should be around $730 at the Open. That's PROGRESS! since it defines the upper bound of the trading channel. (hint: Middle-BB going up too).

Sets us up nicely for positive news on the Q1 Earning Call. We got TAILWINDS!

Cheers!

Last edited:
We should get Elon to be Rob Maurer's host (author of the Tesla Daily podcast).

He is far more {informed, rigorous, prudent, wise...} that all these youtubers, combined.

Yeah he would of done a way better job interviewing Elon. What I don’t like about Tesla 3rd row is there are too many people on the podcasts and a good junk of them are rather boring except for Gali. There have been many times where they interrupt each other or they don’t know who is speaking next. Plus I get what these people are trying to do. Most of them have YouTube channels so they figured if they combine all their personalities then they will have even more people watching them to get extra Ad revenue. The only reason why they are popular is because somehow they are able to get good quality guests. Lately, I’m seeing so many people jumping on the bandwagon of starting a YouTube channel to get a side income. I can’t blame these people but most of these new channels don’t offer anything different or special. What really bugs me is when someone has a channel and they don’t offer anything new yet they still ask for Patron support. You might as well just stand on the street holding a sign saying you love Tesla and ask for donations.

I rarely post because I'm usually way behind the current posting. As I keep reading someone else has said what I was thinking and I just give it a Like, Love or Funny. I usually don't bother to give a disagree. I'm saddened by the spat between valuable contributing members today. It's OK to be wrong. I can think of many times in my life I have said things that can never be stuffed back into my face. Let's not take everything so personally. Relax, wait, don't be hyper critical or touchy. Be well everyone.

Show me a journalist who is adept in technology who is able to engage Elon and I'll show you an interested CEO. The fact that Elon has to get his words out through these podcasts speaks volume to the sad state of journalism we're in right now.

Myself, I love the open discussions on technology in these podcasts. You don't get this level on communication from any other company that I'm aware of. They decouple market news/spin from straight talk about the future. I really don't know 3rd Row history other than seeing one or two in an interview with Elon and who fly around the world to be there (wishing I was there too). So I picture them as disciples and never saw them as journalists, although they seem to be doing well at both - even breaking news (which is how they maintain their relevance to grow IMHO).

To me it evolved naturally out of need to communicate the changes coming (and the sky is not falling), at a time when most media channels spun it the wrong way and therefore lost information access to facts on the ground as they emerge.

... and Texas could fall into the same trap, cut off from the rest of the country and cash flow in general. The Beverly Hillbillies were smart to leave when they did.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So basically, GS no longer has much sway over TSLA good or bad; I’m okay with that.
Not much sway on the downside now. Upside remains to be seen. I think GS doing a 180 on their view on TSLA is very significant. Think about it: GS is one of the largest, if not the largest lender of shares to shorts. Their revenue from stock lending has just about 100% margins. They were in the thick of the manipulations during the several bear raids of the stock. They even had an intentionally stupid analyst to spout their non-sensical, uninformed calls on the stock. Over the past 3 trading sessions they have covered their short positions and have gone long in a big way. After the P/D results were announced, I figured that the chances of meeting S&P requirements for inclusion were pretty close to 50%. Now with GS's sudden "Aha" moment, I believe the chances for S&P inclusion have gotten significantly brighter.
BYW, I like your most-symmetrical-puppy-in-the-world Avatar the best.

How can Tesla PR bring this story into the public conversation about the future of energy, transportation, and an equable climate?

How COVID-19 led to the greatest environmental experiment in history

"With more than 1 in 5 people now in lock-down worldwide, including strict regimes in the vast majority of major metropolitan areas, the world has finally been given the opportunity to assess the effects of the reduction of human activity on the global environment.

"Satellite imagery from around the world shows dramatically reduced levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in areas where a lock-down has been in place. Some of the most significant data is coming out of Spain, that went into nationwide lockdown on Saturday 14th March 2020."​

The Chinese word for crisis is 'danger' plus 'opportunity'. Thankfully, China gets it. But what will it take to make the USA step back from the carbon economy? Catastrophe doesn't seem to influence those who make policy in Washington and on Wall St. Can something as simple as a 'breath of fresh air' change their minds?

Cheers!

Not much sway on the downside now. Upside remains to be seen. I think GS doing a 180 on their view on TSLA is very significant. Think about it: GS is one of the largest, if not the largest lender of shares to shorts. Their revenue from stock lending has just about 100% margins. They were in the thick of the manipulations during the several bear raids of the stock. They even had an intentionally stupid analyst to spout their non-sensical, uninformed calls on the stock. Over the past 3 trading sessions they have covered their short positions and have gone long in a big way. After the P/D results were announced, I figured that the chances of meeting S&P requirements for inclusion were pretty close to 50%. Now with GS's sudden "Aha" moment, I believe the chances for S&P inclusion have gotten significantly brighter.
BYW, I like your most-symmetrical-puppy-in-the-world Avatar the best.

it's remarkable how frequently over the years TSLA's share price has undergone major moves in the 48 hours before a significant Wall St analyst report comes out. Why, it's as if the firm had been leaking the report for a few days so everyone gets a chance get in or out, as the case may be, before the report goes public.

My question is, where does the steel come from? Will the special SpaceX/Tesla stainless steel alloy be imported from existing steel mills elsewhere, or will it be worthwhile for 'Musk Industries' to build / operate their own steel mill?

How will this affect logistics? Say there's 600K Cybertrucks per year at 1 ton per truck, that's 600K tons of steel per year just for Cybertruck (Model Y will use even more). How much steel is needed for Starship? Superheavy? Who needs more steel, Tesla or SpaceX? Will it be enough tonnage to make sealift an important consideration for site selection?

So blah, blah, blah... Houston! Specifically, Port Arthur which is the black heart of Mordor. ;)

hF0150AA2

Cheers!

P.S. Chicagoland is my 2nd choice, but I still need @Curt Renz to explain how we work with the Illinois labor union laws.

600k tons is quite a bit, the US makes about 80-90 million tonnes of all types of steel per year, so the Cybertruck could end up being a significant portion of US stainless steel demand.

I never named anyone and would not name Kolodny or the usual rogue’s gallery of names who have a history of poor reporting. But I stand by my post.
Honestly, how many articles do you see about Tesla by disinterested journalists? Nearly all are either driving an agenda or milking Elon's fame for clicks.