Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously. It remains unclear whether the Sac Bee report was simply motivated by “billionaire-disgust” or something more nefarious and/or Tesla-related.

I often wonder if charging just a token $100 will get rid of these pests. GM is selling theirs, no one bats an eye.

It's like we, as a society, are so jaded, that what used to be good behavior is now suspect.

Strong convictions, weakly held. Meaning that if I find evidence to the contrary, I'm willing (and eager) to change those convictions.

I'm about 1/2 in cash and 1/2 in TSLA. The TSLA is unchanged, the other half used to be in typical index funds. That half is sitting out until I see the market be more connected to the economy than it is now.

And no, like everybody else, I have no idea. Only the convictions I hold, and the actions I've taken on them.

I didn’t really explain myself well in the last post, but I find it’s not important anymore to make my point as I generally appreciate your posts as a whole.

Live long and prosper!

Reactions: mickificki
The fact that a LA Times auto reporter went to a hospital to ask employees about ventilators during a pandemic for the sole purpose of believing that Musk’s donation was not in good faith makes Russ a despicable person.

There’s no reason to do this outside of trying to create a bad story out of a good one. Then for a CNN employee to attack Musk on twitter for not doing their job for them (investigating a claim) is unreal.

I’m glad he’s defending himself on this one. There wasn’t anything negative about what Musk did, he’s done his homework, he checked with the hospitals and told them what he could get them. Didn’t even ask for a dime.

Anytime one thinks Tesla fans are crazy just look at the depths people go to make the company seem incompetent and fraudulent. Luckily the current stock price indicates people see the nonsense others create.

This type of stuff really just makes me sad. What net positive are these people doing for the world?

Tesla had a $150B market cap when this crisis started, based entirely on future performance. Tesla's future remains unchanged. The only thing that has changed is that their competition is being destroyed, since unlike Tesla their value was based almost entirely on the near term. Therefore TSLA should be trading significantly above its all time high even now, and I think it soon will as the market starts to figure this out.
Not so sure about that. The pandemic could last until this time next year. Sales will be drop significantly (for whole auto sector).
Very pessimistic about Q2. I think if we can stay above $700, that will be nerdy lucky already.

On the ARK INVEST Q1 2020 call just now, Tesla is by far the biggest contributor, and top performing stock in three out of their five funds:

ARK_Biggest Contributors Q1 2020.jpg

Interestingly, Aptiv is the bottom performer in their Automotive fund.

My theory is that in the autonomous space, companies like Aptiv and Waymo rely on employees driving around expensive R&D test cars, and that might have come to a halt with the Coronavirus situation. Tesla, however, does not depend on such vehicles and employees for data gathering. Although the number of miles of the Tesla fleet is probably down a bit.

Allow me to share my painful experience. I was one of those selling out (just a small portion) at $475 and hoping to get back at 455. In fact, I posted about selling my put option for extra money. The reason was, and this is stupid, I had $44k cash in my roth IRA and I can't contribute anymore this year. And I wanted 100 shares, had to have it. So I gambled, and lost, brought back in at 570 once I've determined the MMs would not be able to get it any lower. I should have just over contributed, pay 6% penalty to the IRS next year and get my 100 shares right then and there - something I wish I had known.
I have done the same stupid move ... now i buy in lot size of 10 so i don't fixate and "just miss " a great buy point or just buy and odd lot.

So summed up; you have no idea. If TSLA stays up while everything else crashes, then technically *they* were ‘goofballs’, eh? ;)

I actually prefer a person who has conviction and stands by it even if they end up being wrong in the end. From my perspective, wishy-washy, maybe this, maybe that is unhelpful. I can do that. Tell me what you believe and why, and I’ll take that information, process it, and see if it makes sense to me. I’ll even take, ‘I have no idea.’ In which case just say that without all the maybe this, maybe that stuff.
I have no idea...about anything. Just sayin'.

Dan

On the other hand do you want to get in a car shared by multiple people every day?

I don’t and I don’t want people (strangers) in my car. I understand that lots of other people are okay with that. I think especially younger people.

I can’t imagine I’d ever put any of my Teslas on the robo network, but then there wouldn’t really be a reason for robotaxi on my island since I’d be the only on on the island. (Haven’t decided yet if my spouse is invited.)