Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get the random countries piled together to compare to China. Are they simply trying to getting close to China's population size or are they just piling in countries until the EV count was over? Next months I guess it will be Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, the U.K, Italy and Spain beat China!

They are not random. They are European countries.

EV sales in Europe( or more impressively parts of Europe combined) are greater than those in China.

As of now.

NASDAQ is showing a crazy 733K shares traded in after hours. I cannot imagine the volatility on ER day when a shelter-in-place news article can move the SP so much. It should be a fun week. I feel like the stock is either going to 1000 or 600.

False attribution. There were 463,518 shares traded After-hrs BEFORE 16:44 EDT, for an average rate of 10,779 shares per minute.

There were only an addtional 439,922 share traded from 16:44 until the Close of the After-hrs session, at an average rate of 2,245 shares per minute (21% of the previous rate).

So the ACTUAL DATA shows that, if anything, trading slowed after the CNBC story. Which is proper, since the story included NOTHING NEW about Tesla's plans to reopen its Fremont factory.

If anything, speculators were likely pleased to pick up some TSLA on the cheap After-hrs, but certainly NO RUSH of volume based on the NO NEWS.

Y'all need to look with your eyes, stay off twitter, and get that counselling for PTSD you've been puttin' off... :p

Cheers!

Please take the political discussions to the politics thread: Market politics
This is a discussion of whether CA can afford to continue shutting down manufacturing for another month.

If you think that doesn't directly affect TSLA marketplace performance, I would be shocked.

By the way I have made my points.

California is between a rock and a hard spot.

Last edited:
They are not random. They are European countries.

EV sales in Europe( or more impressively parts of Europe combined) are greater than those in China.

As of now.

Your last sentence is the best part. Yes, Tesla GF3 will ensure Chinese EV sales will overtake European EV sales very shortly. Well, at least until Berlin GF4 comes online...:cool:. Now that will be a good contest!

EV sales are literally exploding worldwide. And it's not due to increased demand, but rather, increased supply. Demand was never the problem. At least not once the consumer is educated so they are no longer ignorant about EV's.

And the best part about this "education" happening around the globe? Tesla's customers are doing it for free! Every time Tesla sells a car, the buyer teaches at least two or three others to be a little less ignorant about EV's. This is why Tesla will be able to grow exponentially through the current decade without running out of willing buyers. It's also why there is more demand for TSLA shares than available supply!

False attribution. There were 463,518 shares traded After-hrs BEFORE 16:44 EDT, for an average rate of 10,779 shares per minute.

There were only an addtional 439,922 share traded from 16:44 until the Close of the After-hrs session, at an average rate of 2,245 shares per minute (21% of the previous rate).

So the ACTUAL DATA shows that, if anything, trading slowed after the CNBC story. Which is proper, since the story included NOTHING NEW about Tesla's plans to reopen its Fremont factory.

If anything, speculators were likely pleased to pick up some TSLA on the cheap After-hrs, but certainly NO RUSH of volume based on the NO NEWS.

Y'all need to look with your eyes, stay off twitter, and get that counselling for PTSD you've been puttin' off... :p

Cheers![/QUOTE

lol i was just going by what nasdaq.com was telling me at that time. Is it possible your data source is wrong? I made my post at 5:21 EST

There was definitely a spike in volume right as that news report came out(we dropped quickly from 80x to 790). And then right around the time I made my post I believe the volume started slowing down.

Sounds like officially the order in Alameda is extended but I also read that the President has declared Auto Manufacturing as essential business which would exclude them. That makes the situation unclear at least.

Tesla has called the workers now to stay at home. Its been a smaller group anyway likely to get all prep up for a restart but that seems to be delayed now.

Anybody having more news?

http://www.acphd.org/media/571922/press-release-2020.04.27.pdf

Yes. Google reports that that News Release from Alameda County was published 20 hrs ago (as I write this).

It wasn't the Order that moved the After-hrs SP; it was the CNBC Paid FUD article, and low volume after-hrs.

Your last sentence is the best part. Yes, Tesla GF3 will ensure Chinese EV sales will overtake European EV sales very shortly. Well, at least until Berlin GF4 comes online...:cool:. Now that will be a good contest!

EV sales are literally exploding worldwide. And it's not due to increased demand, but rather, increased supply. Demand was never the problem. At least not once the consumer is educated so they are no longer ignorant about EV's.

And the best part about this "education" happening around the globe? Tesla's customers are doing it for free! Every time Tesla sells a car, the buyer teaches at least two or three others to be a little less ignorant about EV's. This is why Tesla will be able to grow exponentially through the current decade without running out of willing buyers. It's also why there is more demand for TSLA shares than available supply!
Yeah... people thought ncov was contagious. What's the R0 if you buy a Tesla? Do you infect 5-7 people with an insatiable desire to purchase a new EV?? This plague is going to wipe out OEM's :(

Well, THAT doesn’t sound too good. Fremont shut for another month? Something pissed off Musk.
From the context in the replies in the tweet stream, sounds like Google or some large portal is applying some censorship policies. No obvious pointers to a specific incident, and hrs behind the after-hrs move.

ysL1eQ0v3SuouvOF_vvUqEYR_-nW_0B3Q09owaYi3Nv2OS4Jq2ZD2CS5F5RUC9jF5Q-RmdSIEGKHoRqwWovvvbQxop2C8TSJF_c0Ma0RNnVpGSs39uYyNxaCEatgu64RQv0Rffig5iftpyqXykeHXd9F7VKlSW-Q_HY

Cheers!

This is a discussion of whether CA can afford to continue shutting down manufacturing for another month.

If you think that doesn't directly affect TSLA marketplace performance, I would be shocked.

By the way I have made my points.

California is between a rock and a hard spot.

As a 3rd generation resident, I can confidently say that California is a terrible place to manufacture anything. Fortunately, a nearly-free plant helps to hold down fixed costs.

And to answer your question, sure Tesla will be shut down for another month. No question about it. Don't even know why they sent out the memo earlier telling their folks to be prepared to come back this week. It was just dumb as 99% of the state knew with certainty that the lock-down in the Bay Area (and LA) would be extended.

As a 3rd generation resident, I can confidently say that California is a terrible place to manufacture anything. Fortunately, a nearly-free plant helps to hold down fixed costs.

And to answer your question, sure Tesla will be shut down for another month. No question about it. Don't even know why they sent out the memo earlier telling their folks to be prepared to come back this week. It was just dumb as 99% of the state knew with certainty that the lock-down in the Bay Area (and LA) would be extended.

Is there any hope for a negotiated opening, with particular restrictions/policies in place?

I would expect all parties are at least talking..hopefully negotiating...

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne