Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Great, so this makes it pretty clear he is probably burning bridges left and right in his personal and professional life with anybody who dare disagrees with the undeniably controversial stuff that he *unnecessarily* posted. I consider this evidence that the situation is far from stabilized. Again: Publish a damn plan to reopen the factory safely to challenge the (presumed) county and state position instead of this egomaniacal crap. Handwaving about PPE, distancing, and contact tracing is not good enough for a facility that employs many thousands of people, bring some SUBSTANCE to your debate man!

Also, lmao at the oh-so-predictable posts that think that a positive Fox News story indicates 5d gigabrain PR rather than dregs on the backend of a complete PR disaster. The company did an amazing job in Q1 and deserved a victory lap, and he managed to set that on fire *checks watch* 30 minutes into the earnings call. I really hope someone in his life has the guts to intervene, it hurts to see such self-destructive behavior play out in public.

Sigh... why does everyone think that Washington ends at the Cascades? The east side isn't Bellevue. The majority of the state is beautiful shrub-steppe environment and where I live (where the mighty Columbia turns north and intersects with the Snake and the Yakima) the sun shines 300 days a year and we average 7" of rain annually. We're surrounded by so many wonderful wineries I've lost track and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (which would make a fantastic partner for Tesla) is in our backyard. Power costs just over 7 cents per kwh and home prices are extremely low compared to the West side of the state. Two interstates, the Railroad, a recently upgraded airport, along with the river provide great transportation as well. I guess the only bad thing about living here is the wind, which at times doesn't just blow, it sucks.

But my point is there is a lot more to Washington than Seattle. Kind of like the undiscovered country, at least from a manufacturing perspective. And while I've traveled all around the US in a prior life, there is no place I'd rather live... well maybe Kelowna, but that's for another time.
I agree that all California emigrants have plenty to choose from between eastern and western Washington. There is no need to look further east. Idaho is ugly, we only have potatoes and boredom to offer so no further CA inquires please. just kidding, there's a title wave of Californians and western Washingtonians washing up in our state finding their bits of paradise these days...

Effing genius. Never thought I would ever hear this kind of reporting from Fox News about an EV or Tesla. Not one word about “subsidies” or “for wealthy elite”.

Tesla CEO slams California Gov. Newsom over stay-at-home order

Amazingly, I've actually found Fox to be really the only main stream news network that is generally always positive on Musk and Tesla.

They usually always report as it is without any bias or clickbait headline.

I agree that all California emigrants have plenty to choose from between eastern and western Washington. There is no need to look further east. Idaho is ugly, we only have potatoes and boredom to offer so no further CA inquires please. just kidding, there's a title wave of Californians and western Washingtonians washing up in our state finding their bits of paradise these days...
Good anti-sales job

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Indeed! Coeur d'Alene? Farther south? Boise is nice too, as well as Idaho Falls (which has it's own National Lab). And you're next to Big Sky Country...

Reactions: ClimateOptimst
Back to “overpriced” versus “overvalued”, put me in the camp that thinks a split is forthcoming.

AAPL has roughly 2500x more shares than TSLA. You want your share price in the same ballpark as any companies that may be similar to you.

Also, while it technically doesn’t have a material impact on a short position, the fact is it makes the share price seem more attainable for retail investors. Couple this with no transaction fees and you have the makings for squeezing shorts and holding your own during a time of uncertainty from the virus.

Also, I hear our newest board member hates short selling as much as Elon, so.....1 to 7 split anyone?!
;) :)

Last edited:
Amazingly, I've actually found Fox to be really the only main stream news network that is generally always positive on Musk and Tesla.

They usually always report as it is without any bias or clickbait headline.
Well all my Republican friends and family still look at Tesla as a “subsidy” taker with “no profit” only for the “rich liberal elite” and an “ugly” car with “no soul”. They aren’t getting that from watching MSNBC, and even though Bloomberg is usually digging at Tesla, conservatives aren’t reading it. Next stop is Trump getting out of a Red Model X. All our heads will explode.

Back to “overpriced” versus “overvalued”, put me in the camp that thinks a split is forthcoming.

AAPL has roughly 2500x more shares than TSLA. You want your share price in the same ballpark as any companies that may be similar to you.

Also, while it technically doesn’t have a material impact on a short position, that fact is that it makes the share price seem more attainable for retail investors. Couple this with no transaction fees and you have the makings for squeezing shorts and holding your own during a time of uncertainty.

Also, I hear our newest board member hates short selling as much as Elon, so.....1 to 7 split anyone?!
;) :)
God I hope this is true. Elon maybe playing 3D chess and he is setting up an epic bear trap!

Well all my Republican friends and family still look at Tesla as a “subsidy” taker with “no profit” only for the “rich liberal elite” and an “ugly” car with “no soul”. They aren’t getting that from watching MSNBC, and even though Bloomberg is usually digging at Tesla, conservatives aren’t reading it. Next stop is Trump getting out of a Red Model X. All our heads will explode.
Trump owns two Tesla’s actually :eek:. My whole family is conservative and love Tesla’s. Quite a few EVs in the family. You might be thinking of the far right. Just like the far left hates Elon/Tesla for dumb reasons