Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to mobilize

I tried creating a thread posting below, but the thread hasn't been shown yet, think we need to mobilize on below, especially given below
-------------
OPERATION FREE FREMONT

Given today's events showing clear frustration by Elon with the state of our govt shutdown it is time we try to do what we can to help. We need to do this to avert the possibility as best we can of this current Fremont Factory shutdown going into the Fall or until end of year (even if only 10-20% chance this current shutdown going into Fall/election cycle and/or beyond, this is not a possibility we should ignore or take lightly)

Step 1:
Since all of us longs have a stake in how this plays out, let's open source the task on TMC to identify exactly
a)who the actual policy makers are for the Bay Area's decision to keep the shutdown in place vs. re-opening?
and
b)
how to best contact them (email addresses? phone numbers for their offices? etc.

Step 2:
c)
ask these Bay Area policy makers what their conditions are to let local businesses, such as Fremont factory, go back to work so we have some actual goal posts to at least hold them accountable to
and
d)
ask them to read the following and to use this as a guideline to open the economy up as soon as possible in controlled conservative manner
An Alternative Plan to Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 and Get Americans Back to Work
------------
Area Tesla employees and those with an interest in Tesla businesses should run for office and become the policy makers.

Last edited:
Pre-virus, when TSLA market capitalization surpassed VW, I did some back of the napkin calculations, based on VW margin and volume, vs TSLA's. It wasn't factoring any goodwill items like future products. Just cars to cars. Back then, i think around 750 (i might be off), my conclusion was that TSLA needs to produce about 1.1m cars to deserve that valuation, just as purely an automotive company. Those margins, those ASPs. I was absolutely fine buying even at $900, since that volume would be reached in just a few years. With Fremont stopped, might be longer.
Alien dreadnought can't come fast enough....
"back of the napkin calculations". Everyone keeps using this phrase. FWIW, the original phrase is "back of the envelope" calculations. When you think about it, how does one tell the back of a napkin from the front?

Really? And what is your time estimate for when those conditions will be achieved? If you don’t know, what's your rationale for calling them reasonable?
The conditions were reasonable in the middle of March, but we're in May now. All of the conditions should be quantified, detailed and listed with expected completion dates. Anything less adds to the sense frustration.

Looks like a foggy view from the valleys here without all the diverse cities, towns, sites to be close enough to drive to. A lot of people here invested wisely in companies they worked at or they invested in others in the tech/bio/whatever field and did well for themselves. So they have a comfortable life here and great view, great year-round weather and the rest. As for real estate, timing is everything. We could up and move for a cheaper home or less in taxes but know we’d be selling out for that and regret it in the end. Have several friends who sold and moved out of state for family, work or retirement reasons and they have occasionally told us they wish they hadn’t but now can’t afford to move back. People adjust and make due wherever they live and hopefully live a happy life but most still dream of living in California.
Sigh... why does everyone think that Washington ends at the Cascades? The east side isn't Bellevue. The majority of the state is beautiful shrub-steppe environment and where I live (where the mighty Columbia turns north and intersects with the Snake and the Yakima) the sun shines 300 days a year and we average 7" of rain annually. We're surrounded by so many wonderful wineries I've lost track and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (which would make a fantastic partner for Tesla) is in our backyard. Power costs just over 7 cents per kwh and home prices are extremely low compared to the West side of the state. Two interstates, the Railroad, a recently upgraded airport, along with the river provide great transportation as well. I guess the only bad thing about living here is the wind, which at times doesn't just blow, it sucks.

But my point is there is a lot more to Washington than Seattle. Kind of like the undiscovered country, at least from a manufacturing perspective. And while I've traveled all around the US in a prior life, there is no place I'd rather live... well maybe Kelowna, but that's for another time.

Selling real estate is typically not a quick endeavor for raising cash. Multi million dollar homes usually take even longer. Maybe its different in California.
I thought all the homes in the SF area that were less than a four hour drive were multi-million.

Elon clarifies tweet storm
Elon Musk on Twitter
2F0748E7-2F66-4670-BF09-17A035F6CFAD.jpeg

Effing genius. Never thought I would ever hear this kind of reporting from Fox News about an EV or Tesla. Not one word about “subsidies” or “for wealthy elite”.

Tesla CEO slams California Gov. Newsom over stay-at-home order
Fox effing News with the Tesla ad of the year! “You want this gorgeous car? Too bad it sold out..they can’t make em right now you’d be damn lucky to have this gorgeous car but too bad Elon Musk is banned from making! Freedom!!”

Effing genius. Never thought I would ever hear this kind of reporting from Fox News about an EV or Tesla. Not one word about “subsidies” or “for wealthy elite”.

Tesla CEO slams California Gov. Newsom over stay-at-home order

Elon is a marketing genius. Fox News is praising Tesla. They wouldn’t have if Elon said Newsom was right.

Government did the proper thing initially with the shutdown but now it’s time to start opening things up. Especially Tesla because they know how to run their business during COVID. They are able to do it in Shanghai.