Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprised. I knew Gavin Newsom from the party days of " The Triangle" and the Balboa Cafe. In my opinion he's morally bankrupt. How else do you describe someone who slept with the wife of his best friend and campaign manager?

More importantly for the purposes of this site, the foundation for his wealth is built upon money from the J. Paul Getty family. Their families are very close. So while he may give lip service to alternative energy, he's deep in the pocket of the oil industry.

No light was shed.

I haven't liked Gavin Newsom since he was the do-nothing mayor of San Francisco. He's the classic corrupt machine Democrat who is a slick slimeball that is only in it for personal gain.

The Democrats are as corrupt as the Republicans, they just pay lip service to different things. There is no political party in the US which actually cares about the citizens and it's not clear how long the American Empire can continue to survive when the government is no longer remotely even interested in the citizens it governs.

California Coronavirus: 58,619 Cases and 2,375 Deaths - Worldometer

4th May - California - 1,320 new cases Alameda 27 new cases
5th May - California - 2,530 new cases Alameda 33 new cases

This is just 2 days worth of data but new cases are not trending down as I hoped.

That could simply be improved testing and tracking.

Most of the increase in new cases for 5th May is in Los Angeles.

I'll keep tracking the trend, a sustained drop in new case numbers will help the case for opening Fremont.,

Good, I'll stop reporting these numbers, I was looking to get a handle on the trend.

I am sorry, but can someone explain to me when the requirements for opening up changed to 'sustained drop in cases' or 'trending down'? When the shelter in home/shut down orders started, it was all about 'flatten the curve' to avoid overwhelming the medical system. How many times have we seen the graph below to explain why shutdown was needed. So why is now everyone so hung up on wanting to see the numbers reducing, especially when we are testing so much more and identifying so many more people. And frankly, for Alameda, 33 new cases for a county of 1.6 million population is very few cases. Even if all of these 33 cases ended up in hospitals or in ICU, we will not be overwhelming the local medical system. Alameda has absolutely no justification to delay opening up the businesses any further. Obviously, no one is suggesting that everything should be opened up everywhere simultaneously. But a blanket order to maintain shutdown to beginning of June is totally irrational.

upload_2020-5-5_23-0-1.png

I am sorry, but can someone explain to me when the requirements for opening up changed to 'sustained drop in cases' or 'trending down'? When the shelter in home/shut down orders started, it was all about 'flatten the curve' to avoid overwhelming the medical system. How many times have we seen the graph below to explain why shutdown was needed. So why is now everyone so hung up on wanting to see the numbers reducing, especially when we are testing so much more and identifying so many more people. And frankly, for Alameda, 33 new cases for a county of 1.6 million population is very few cases. Even if all of these 33 cases ended up in hospitals or in ICU, we will not be overwhelming the local medical system. Alameda has absolutely no justification to delay opening up the businesses any further. Obviously, no one is suggesting that everything should be opened up everywhere simultaneously. But a blanket order to maintain shutdown to beginning of June is totally irrational.

View attachment 539121

I'm more interested in building a case for reopening..

It exists already, but good numbers make it harder to ignore,,,,

Anyway, I'm watching the trend, but not posting updates for a while.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Turns out more people have coronavirus when you test more people for it ;)

You aren't wrong, but I also suspect, as I have previously mentioned, that this is the result of processing lag. All days are not created equal. If you look at any day-on-day covid infection graph every Sunday makes it look like God through some *sugar* down on Sunday and nerfed a bunch of covid. The reality is testing over the weekend takes a day off so results get skewed. You can't look at anything shorter than weekly to get a good picture, and given the symtomatic lag on covid you can you have to wait two weeks minimum to see the consequences of the current policy changes, but most likely it won't be truly apparently for 4-6 when the 3rd degree infections either show up or don't.

@Mo City

I apologize for responding directly. I've never been successful using the quotation function when cutting across threads. I do know how to reference a post on the politics thread and will respond in future where this belongs. I recently noticed I can still move posts but never have. I don't think it would be fair to RandomJohnney if I were to do so. Ggr's judgment and skills on these matters are impeccable.

View attachment 539121
We are only learning this week honestly the disease may have started hitting Europe and North America. I suspect the originally stated 14 day period is going to turn out to be wrong.

Short answer, we did a pretty good job globally. Long answer if you have elderly friends or family or immunocompromised friends or family don't let them get comfortable for another month and run their errand for them.

We are only learning this week honestly the disease may have started hitting Europe and North America. I suspect the originally stated 14 day period is going to turn out to be wrong.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to explain here.

Short answer, we did a pretty good job globally. Long answer if you have elderly friends or family or immunocompromised friends or family don't let them get comfortable for another month and run their errand for them.

It is possible that in an internet forum as this one, the nuances of your message are not quite obvious. However, I am interpreting this as an insinuation that my previous post was callous or uncaring for the population most at risk from the virus. No once in my previous post did I suggest a complete opening with no precautions in place. But with good precautions and checks in place, opening up of a large portion of activities should be feasible.

I do have family in the high risk category, with my own parents and husband's parents above 80 years of age. Similarly, I have folks in almost every single category you mentioned, with friends/colleagues/team members having pregnancies, cancer chemotherapy and currently on immune suppressant medications. We have made it clear that susceptible individuals should not be coming to work even after we start easing the current restrictions. We have already started laying out plans to transition essential work from these individuals to others in the organization while transferring work that can be done on WFH basis to these individuals.

I am a CA resident, and I will maintain my position stated before - 33 new cases in a county with population of 1.6 million is a very low infection rate that does not justify continued shutdown, and it is time to start opening up the economy. We do not need to wait 14 days, or 4-6 months to see what the impact of policy changes will be. If we have to wait that long after every policy change, we might as well write off all future economic growth for years to come.

Definition of Long and short is not basic? Is It Ever Wrong to Go Long, Investors?

He does not need my defense. I just feel you are holding other people to some standard you can't even match recently, which is the quality of the the posts. Read your last 20 posts.

I already hinted why his posts are valuable by giving at least two points in my previous posts but you refuse to read between the lines. Sorry if the fact you refuse to read and learn is really putting the screws to me.

When did I say you are the bad guy? I just feel the collapse of this valuable discussion thread and want to try to keep people by asking you not to attack another long.

It was informative for me. I am grateful for TT's buy the 350 call at bottom signal, and would execute that before the expiration. It was better than buying the number of shares for the price of the call. It turned out to be an effective and efficient albeit advanced investor tool.
However, as a newcomer, I wasn't aware of scepticism. I was puzzled by TT's last Friday's signal, but I discarded 100 pages of the twittuffle because I remembered my own pre-baby jitters and couldn't overlay them with the feeling when many people depend on you and some bureaucrat stops you from acting. Neither was there any material information that would necessitate selling. So I didn't follow Trend Trader. Not sure what changed between Fri and Monday to do a 180, as I see no rational explanation from TT.
I don't perceive an invitation to share line of thinking as bullying... I would be grateful to learn

While the stock market is down...

So just had this crazy moonshot idea. Little bit of Westworld spoilers, so if you haven’t seen season 3 stop reading now. Anyway, Westworld starts out as a fun theme park, but turns out its purpose is observe people to be able to control the world. Anyway, right now Tesla has a million cars with 8 cameras driving around observing people with the purpose of transporting people from A->B and solving AGW. So they have a product that is also gathering tons of data, a lot like the themepark in Westworld. Also they can probably listen to what people say in the car, if not directly then through machine learning from the driver monitoring camera.

At some point this will be a very valuable dataset. 5G, Starlink, whatever comes next will decrease the cost to send more of this data to the cloud, AWS and GCP are driving down the cost of storing and processing this data. Want to find a person in the world, 8 million cameras are driving around could be looking for him. Want to contact trace a person’s every interaction outside and through windows to see who could have gotten Covid-1984, this data could be very useful. Want to see how people react when they are all alone, when they get triggered by other drivers etc, the driving monitoring camera will do this. Add a HVAC system in every household with sensors, gather data on their exact energy usage etc, at some point a very clever AI will be able to deduce a lot about all of us from this data.

Not saying Tesla are gonna go rogue AI anytime soon, but at some point Tesla will have an asset that could be extremely useful and probably monetized in many ways.

After-action Report: Tue, May 05, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $778.64
Volume: 16,995,468
Traded: $13,233,299,872.31 ($14.19 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 98.65%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 42.1% (42nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 58.1% (62nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Off-leash park reopens as planned"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-05-05.png.jpg

(Dow Jones) --

New car registrations in Germany fell sharply in April as the coronavirus forced dealerships and manufacturers to halt global production, the country's Federal Motor Transport Authority, or KBA, said on Wednesday.

New registrations fell 61.1% in April compared with the same month a year earlier, said the authority.
Commercial-vehicle registrations fell 63.2% and private registrations dropped 57.8%.

Volkwsagen accounted for the largest share of new registrations at 17.2%, said the agency.

Tesla achieved a 10.4% increase in new car registrations in the country in April, the KBA said, adding that all other imported brands recorded double-digit losses.

The average CO2 emissions of all new registered cars decreased by 4.9% to 150.9g/km, compared with the same period a year earlier, the KBA said.

View attachment 539121
It depends on your goal. If your goal is to insure campaign contributions from the oil companies in your district than the goal is to prevent Tesla from operating as long as is possible.