Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's weird (to me at least) about GF3 construction is that there doesn't seem to be THAT many construction workers. Yes I know the site is gigantic and they are spread out. Still, doesn't seem to be thousands of workers almost tripping over each other. The number of workers here doesn't seem unreasonably high compared to when I used to work at construction companies in my youth. And half of them looks like they are walking around in groups most of the time anyway..

I always thought they built so fast in China by throwing people at the projects. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. Yet it seems like they are building at three times the speed of western countries.

Every time a new video comes I think I'll skip this one. Can't possibly have happened that much since the one four days ago. Then I watch it and I'm always wrong.

Right now it's cranes doing steel work. And there are a lot of cranes.
Once it gets to sheet/roll goods and plumbing/ electrical, increased people count will come into play. There's a lot of floors and a huge roof to build out.

Reactions: CorneliusXX
Best outcome for Newsom and Dr Pan might be to open Fremont as quietly as possible: No public announcements, discourage press coverage.
They originally wouldn’t have told Tesla anything but got bombarded with calls from short sellers and LA times about staying open. Supply chain was already collapsing I’m sure at the time. But regardless it will be the crime of the century once employees begin showing up

So close, but I just can’t count your post as another share purchase. It was the emoticon that was the tiebreaker. There was no way I could intentionally misinterpret your sarcasm.

Great news on the China order front! What fortuitous timing to get Giga3 up and running.
Backing out already ...clear violation of a previous promise.
"Damn Demand problem again"

Can't be more clear:rolleyes:

In this respect, I must differ vociferously. GM is NOT vertically integrated. In many cases >75% of ttoal vehicle cost including CAPEX is done by third parties. In the Bolt, for example, the entire running gear was designed and is manufactured by LG in Korea. The BIW was designed and is built by GM Korea using mostly third parties.

Accounting for those expenses has little resemblance to that of Tesla which is highly vertically integrated and does all design in house.

The two companies are so structurally dissimilar that equating them is equivalent to equating Amazon with Sears. Bluntly, there is no comparison in accounting rules because company structures are totally disparate.

Sorry if I seem rude. I do not wish to be. However, this subject cannot be dealt with at a superficial level.

GM buying batteries is no different than Elon buying tires from Conti or brakes from Brembo. They are all costs that go into Cost of Goods Sold. (As you are probably aware, outsourcing makes the accounting easier for the purchaser as that is bcos teh vendor builds the CAPEX into the purchase price.)

R&D -- whether internal or outsourced -- is captured on the BS until which time it gets expensed with a product sale, or gets written off (as much R&D does not result in a salable product).

And no, I don't take your posts as rude.

Backing out already ...clear violation of a previous promise.
"Damn Demand problem again"

Can't be more clear:rolleyes:

Unlike you, I’m not backing out of anything. I’m up to 7 now. But @Steve m doesn’t actually think there’s a demand problem so I can’t add another share. Had he left off the winky face I could have lied to myself.

This whole "essential" vs "non-essential" business is a farce. One of the weirdest, non-logical "laws" we've been forced to follow. Just go into a Costco, Walmart, or Target to buy clothes and then think about all the other clothes stores forced to close, regardless of precautions.

On the other hand, you can go to a McDonalds drive-thru, buy a quarter-pounder with bacon and a McFlurry, but most ice cream shops have been forced to close.

Edit: looks like ice cream shops are ok to open now, but you get my drift. Ice cream is NOT essential by any means.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. It's not "essential" business to the public. How quaint that would be. It's "essential" business to the campaign contributions.

Just kidding. Sort of...

I've come up with a new correlation between TSLA trade volume and TMC posts volume. Just need to find a way to make $$$ on it now.

Lock down TMC and sell straddles? SP can't move if no one can trade.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Unlike you, I’m not backing out of anything. I’m up to 7 now. But @Steve m doesn’t actually think there’s a demand problem so I can’t add another share. Had he left off the winky face I could have lied to myself.
There is a demand problem. Too many people want these cars and Tesla can't build them fast enough. It is a good problem to have. ;)

Also using the inclusion or exclusion of winky faces and whether a string of words are used in a post is an unusual investment strategy. But hey have at it.

Reactions: FrankSG
After-action Report: Wed, May 06, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $777.44
Volume: 11,164,860
Traded: $8,679,964,414.21 ($8.68 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.67%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 42.7% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 57.1% (60th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Training Day at the Dog Park"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-05-06.png

Last edited:
There is a demand problem. Too many people want these cars and Tesla can't build them fast enough. It is a good problem to have. ;)

Also using the inclusion or exclusion of winky faces and whether a string of words are used in a post is an unusual investment strategy. But hey have at it.
The thing is the cat never clarified what they meant by "demand problem" so..ipso facto they don't have a lot of wiggle room here.
But I guess that is how it goes on the interwebs these day's.