Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it's still the pre-market, some frivolous entertainment: White Musk is trending on Twitter in the UK. Seems to be related to a Body Shop scent in the 90s.

View attachment 539475

... but then...

View attachment 539476

White Musk is *the* classic Body Shop scent and it's still available in a wide range of products. But yeah, it takes me back to my teenage years, and triggers certain physiological reactions...

American plant and ASAP is an oxymoron. People wonder why everything moves to China. If Tesla apply for permits today for giga 5, guarantee Model Y expansion in China will be done prior to a single tractor hitting the ground here.

We have a major highway expansion under construction in my city since I was in High school..and I'm 37 today. China finishes their road expansion in a month.
If Giga Texas happens, expect to be surprised. Won't be quite like Giga Shanghai though.

Really low volume pre-market, everyone knows the MM's are going to dick about with the SP for the next two sessions...
Lol, we got a 'Hiro' now... let's wait and see how close they let the SP get to the mythical $800

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-05-07.09-46.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
American plant and ASAP is an oxymoron. People wonder why everything moves to China. If Tesla apply for permits today for giga 5, guarantee Model Y expansion in China will be done prior to a single tractor hitting the ground here.

We have a major highway expansion under construction in my city since I was in High school..and I'm 37 today. China finishes their road expansion in a month.

See Deptford NJ supercharger. Has been built for several months and still not online yet, presumably due to inspection delays.

What's the chance (risk?) of Joe pulling some weed out, and Elon playing along, then go "just kidding ;)".
Not that it changes my long position, but there used to be a time when I used to look forward to Elon interviews and tweets for all the cool stuff he lets slip. These days I am breaking out in sweat...

Seeing as there's not much going on, I'll risk a repost of this talk between Rob Mauer and Alex Potter, analyst at Piper Sandler. I can't recall who posted it earlier today, but I feel it deserves some more views. They go really in depth on especially analysts, how their view on Tesla has started to change, what factors they include and which they can't, like TE.

I also agree, the podcast is worth listening to. In general, Potter had nothing but positive things to say. He said TSLA is "our top pick for 2020 (I guess you could read into that, but I'm assuming he means TSLA is Piper Sandler's top choice for the year)."

He also said the MIC M3's gross margins were "obscene"--analysts were expecting 16.8% gross margin, but Tesla reported 20.0%, knocking it out of the park.

An overlooked point in shareholder letter that wasn't covered in news, was that Q1 2020 was on pace to achieve record deliveries, beating out Q4 2019, but of course then C19 came along...

Again, in general, I felt it was a very bullish analysis. He mentioned how difficult it was for analysts to cover TSLA in part because the company is so big, diverse, and structurally different than most other companies out there; also, the general public doesn't realize that analysts have to cover anywhere from 12-20 other companies and how much work that takes; just too hard to give TSLA the attention it deserves.

My heart dropped when I read the headline this morning that Giga Shanghai was on pause--but learning that part of the issue is scheduled maintenance coinciding with China's Labor Day holiday, in addition to parts supply shortage (also coinciding with recent reports of 1000 reservations/day!), I'm feeling pretty content about the SP.

Incentivization is everything. About 12 years ago a 1.5 mile elevated portion of downtown Houston's major freeway had to be demolished and rebuilt. The contract specified 95 days from beginning to completion for each of the north- and south-bound bridges. It also specified a $53K penalty for each day of delay, and a $53K bonus for each day of early completion.

They were finished in 88 and 72 days.

The headlines are already being written, fingers patiently waiting on the keyboard to manipulate his wording taking everything he says out of context , "Musk said $#%^%" driving the market down :D

Would be firkin' hilarious if there's something in there that dumps the stock 10% tomorrow - hedge funds would get roasted second week in a row, I would likely soil myself laughing...