Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much angst because of the interview. I’m excited. Going to be a good day full of laughter one way or another. Will take my mind off my very painful back that kept me up all night because I can’t get a massage. Maybe I’ll go golfing. Grrr...
14TUSYO025_6.jpg

Is that just over one hour from now? Am I getting this right?

"Smok'em Joe" tweeted w/o saying the date. :p

Joe Rogan on Twitter

upload_2020-5-7_7-36-8.png

But today's article in Teslarti says Thursday:

"Rogan noted that Elon Musk’s Round 2 in the JRE podcast would be posted on Thursday at 9 a.m. PT"

Do you subscribe to their RSS feed? It's quite useful. ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
I put Tuesdays graph of open interest above todays graph and they look rather interesting. Take it for the grain of salt you want to apply to it. THEY have managed to leave a nice gap between the 750 PUTs and the 800 CALLs. It makes sense because the SP has been moving between these numbers. While seeing this graph to me really doesn't tell me where it will end Friday since the interview coming up could change that, it does tell me to expect it to float up and down again today minus any news/macros. That would move Max Pain closer to the middle of that gap.

"Mind The Gap"

20200507_143423000_iOS.jpg

OT - Just an FYI, in the next to last episode of Person of Interest (an all-time fav that deals directly with AI... for anyone who hasn't seen it and is looking for something to binge, highly recommend), Finch is driving a Model S... I think JJ Abrams had a big clue about the future.
No, a Model S is driving Finch. He is in the back seat.

I'm thinking of buying some cheap weekly protective puts just before 9:00 am today in case something harmful to the SP happens or is said in the Joe Rogan interview. $700 puts are $1.00. I would expect them to expire worthless but figure the risk is probably worth the reward. I was considering calls as well but these sorts of non-financial things never bump the SP up.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: elasalle and bubb
Yes. One simple example is he has been hinting we are overcounting COVID deaths when we are actually undercounting.
He does dispute the use of estimates based on comparisons wit past seasonal deaths in the same period rather than direct diagnosis and attributing causality to all deaths happening to COVID-19 positives to the virus. Although I do disagree with Elon on this, he does make legitimate points. Many of the deaths would have happened anyway from other causes, hence the comorbity data.

Some jurisdictions, the most heavily affected ones, have counted deaths from other causes when the patient did not receive medical treatment during the epidemic. That has happened with nursing home cases in Madrid, Bergamo and New York City, among others.

To be fair, though I largely disagree with Elon, I must say I disagree mostly with the tone rather than the content. He's obviously correct about civil rights apart from the tone. They have been severely restricted in nearly all countries. Most of us seem to think that is justified.

Others can point to Taiwan, Sweden, Finland and South Korea and think there could have been more productive ways to deal with the outbreak. Elon thinks that. Chances are good that anybody who knows anything at all about epidemiology knows that most countries, spectacularly the US, have been grotesquely unprepared. This all is much worse for the world than it would have been had the lessons so well documented after 2008 have been implemented around the world cooperatively.

Elon describes that crypically and profanely. He obviously knows it did not have to be this way. He knows comprehensive recurrent testing and serious case epidemiological follow up would stop the spread quickly, without better treatment and/or vaccine. We all know there are gigantic number of people who could be quickly trained and deployed doing case management; the training only needs a week.

Elon could have expressed himself more modestly. That is not Elon. He's actually not wrong IMO.

Yes. One simple example is he has been hinting we are overcounting COVID deaths when we are actually undercounting.

I don’t think he ever hinted that there is a conspiracy to overcount deaths, just that overcounting is happening. Elon can be right or wrong on the numbers, but it doesnt make him a conspiracy theorist.

Folks, Elon is clearly gonna inflame things further on Rogan. He won't "behave himself". The only question is will he simply double down on his tweets or break new ground (and whether the market will care much).

Hopefully I'm wrong and the new baby has him in chill mode.
Lol, are you sure you're cut out to be an investor in Tesla? What does any of that have to do with Tesla's enterprise value in 2, 5, or 10 yrs? That's the only issue of substance.

There is a trading thread here on TMC, if you are concerned over daily wiggles. Otherwise, this is just hand-wringing. Level heads will prevail in the long run.

Cheers!