Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"If Tesla's Prevention and Control Plan includes these updates, and the public health indicators remain stable or improve, we have agreed that Tesla can begin to augment their Minimum Business Operations this week in preparation for possible reopening as soon as next week."

Although Google has many translators, I could not find a translator for Bureaucrateeze to English. Bear with me, I'm winging this one. Translated, this sentence means:

In order for we county officials to retain the illusion of control (considering that Peckerwood Elon Musk has gone ahead and opened the friggin' Tesla factory without our anointed approval), we're gonna say that what Tesla is doing right now is to merely "augment their Minimum Business Operations this week". If those miserable peckerwoods at Tesla will just cross a few "T"s and dot a few "i"s for us, we're gonna grant Tesla THE POSSIBILITY of reopening the factory next week (provided the new cases and hospitalization numbers don't climb).
You speak "Bureaucrateeze" strongly enough to write a Bureaucrateeze to english dictionary.

Closely look at the 1-2 second clip from 0:46.

It looks to me like that is the interior of the Cybertruck, and the vehicle is in some sort of elevator.

CYBERTRUCK INTERIOR:

InteriorOverView.jpg

JAY LENO CLIP 0:46:

View attachment 541231

The elevator/upward movement piece is very interesting, and instantly made me think it's got something to do with The Boring Company.

Unfortunately enough, I think it's nothing exciting and simply Jay going for a test ride in the Test Tunnel in Hawthorne, because the stairs and scaffolding look very similar to these:

View attachment 541232

Which come from this video of a test drive through the Hawthorne Test Tunnel:

The video definitely looks to be what Jay Leno described as reported by Teslarati
This is what was reported by Teslarati a few days back - see below
Link is Jay Leno talks Tesla Cybertruck and his ride through the Boring Co. tunnel

"It immediately makes everything else look sort of old-fashioned,” Leno stated.

Perhaps the most exciting portion of Leno’s trip to Hawthorne was when he asked Musk how the Boring Company tunnel was doing. “Oh, good good! We have a tunnel running under Los Angeles,” Musk said. But the CEO of Tesla and the Boring Company wasn’t done yet. “Hey, I’ve got an idea,” he said to Jay. “You want to see if we can drive the Cybertruck in the tunnel? I don’t know if it’s going to fit.”

Leno described the tight fit of the truck within the tunnel, stating there may have been about a quarter of an inch on each side of the vehicle. “We drive the Cybertruck, we barely get it into the tunnel, and now we’re going like 50 or 60 miles per hour through the tunnel with a quarter-inch on each side.”

I grew up in a middle-class blue collar family and community at a time when steel mills were a good job. In fact my dad worked in a GM plant. I’ve driven Chevys, Plymouths, Ford (Mustang), Hondas and Toyotas. Dad always had a GM car. After college I worked a full-time job and even did some part time. I’ve lived paycheck-to-paycheck sometimes and have been laid off once before in the past. I don’t think I’m uninformed or uneducated about living in the middle class. To shout in your post in reply to mine and ask me where I get off, well have to say I’ve lost respect for you even though I have enjoyed reading some of your views in the past. This really isn’t the thread any longer that I’d come to enjoy reading these past many months as Tesla’s started its increased production and new models and we all shared in seeing our stock investment grow. It does seem to be an expressed feeling among some of us who find it’s become hostile instead. I guess nothing lasts forever but hopefully Tesla continues to thrive.
There is a lot of stress going around. Highlighting text is used to specifically mark the verbage. Shouting tends to be done in all caps.

I don't agree that the Alameda County Government is incompetent. I think they are trying to inflate their budgets. More government employees, paying more government union dues, which are used to fund more "progressive" political candidates. Government of the public sector worker for the benefit of the public sector employee.

My guess is Musk has offered and been refused.
My read is Musk has offered to help, and been ignored. They don't appear interested in getting help, but insist their situation is so grave they can not allow the risk (unless its a beauty salon or head shop with random walk-in foot traffic; those are just fine).

Alameda County appears to have ulterior motives for not allowing manufacturing to reopen:
  • the only county that isn't publishing test results
  • the only county with an interim Health Officer
  • no justification based on higher hospitalization or death rates
  • has a county sheriff taking calls from Russ Mitchell
  • at least one county elected official who:
    • is not seeking re-election
    • has been outspoken in the Press
    • is openly hostile toward Elon Musk
Fishy circumstances so far from the bay. I'm calling it now: this smells like a premeditated fix in an effort to keep Tesla shutdown for as long as possible.

I also want to hear more about the Fremont city councilor that sold all his TSLA shares in Feb or Mar. Who else is involved in deciding when Tesla can reopen has a financial stake it's the timing? And don't feed me this B.S. that's is some interim, unelected Medical Officer: she has a boss, and is doing their work, or would be FIRED.

Yesterday we learned that the 1st Court date for Tesla's law suit against Alameda County is set for October? Where's the interim restraining order, Your Honor?

If this drags on, and Tesla is significantly damaged by these unwarranted and unjustifiable delays, I think Tesla will close Fremont early, and like a certain California Assemblywoman likes to tweet, "F*ck Alameda". Buh-bye.

Time to blink, Alameda. Oh, and Gavin Newsom, time to step up and lead. This is on you, whether you turtle or not. You can't hide from the consequences of inaction, nor kick the blame down to the County. End this.

EDIT: Now appears that Alameda County has begun the week-long process of BLINKING (even the blink of an eye takes an eternity for bureaucrats). o_O

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 9.51.17 PM.png

Last edited:
"If Tesla's Prevention and Control Plan includes these updates, and the public health indicators remain stable or improve, we have agreed that Tesla can begin to augment their Minimum Business Operations this week in preparation for possible reopening as soon as next week."

Although Google has many translators, I could not find a translator for Bureaucrateeze to English. Bear with me, I'm winging this one. Translated, this sentence means:

In order for we county officials to retain the illusion of control (considering that Peckerwood Elon Musk has gone ahead and opened the friggin' Tesla factory without our anointed approval), we're gonna say that what Tesla is doing right now is to merely "augment their Minimum Business Operations this week". If those miserable peckerwoods at Tesla will just cross a few "T"s and dot a few "i"s for us, we're gonna grant Tesla THE POSSIBILITY of reopening the factory next week (provided the new cases and hospitalization numbers don't climb).

Why can't I give 'Like' 'Love' and 'funny' all three ratings to this post? I would be willing to pay extra money on my subscription to do that. TMC tech folks please note - it would be a good money making options

Gali and Vincent are distancing themselves from ThirdRow.

Makes sense as they seem to be more level headed - yes, even Gali - than some of the things that got tweeted. They also just confirmed they didn’t write any tweets for Third Row.

Twitter

Twitter

A quarrel with Fred of Electrek seems to the direct cause for the break up, but this must have been smoldering for some time already.

Twitter

Feels like a relevant subject for this thread as Third Row Podcast interviewed Elon twice and he is constantly reacting to their tweets.

My read is Musk has offered to help, and been ignored. They don't appear interested in getting help, but insist their situation is so grave they can not allow the risk (unless its a beauty salon or head shop with random walk-in foot traffic; those are just fine).

Alameda County appears to have ulterior motives for not to allow manufacturing to reopen:
Fishy circumstances so far from the bay. I'm calling it now: this smells like a premeditated fix in an effort to keep Tesla shutdown for as long as possible.

I also want to hear more about the Fremont city councilor that sold all his TSLA shares in Feb or Mar. Who else is involved in deciding when Tesla can reopen has a financial stake it's the timing? And don't feed me this B.S. that's is some interim, unelected Medical Officer: she has a boss, and is doing their work, or would be FIRED.

Yesterday we learned that the 1st Court date for Tesla's law suit against Alameda County is set for October? Where's the interim restraining order, Your Honor?

If this drags on, and Tesla is significantly damaged by these unwarranted and unjustifiable delays, I think Tesla will close Fremont early, and like a certain California Assemblywoman likes to tweet, "F*ck Alameda". Buh-bye.

Time to blink, Alameda. Oh, and Gavin Newsom, time to step up and lead. This is on you, whether you turtle or not. You can't hide from the consequences of inaction, nor kick the blame down to the County. End this.
I've been smelling this rat the whole time, and your bullets make it more real.
Did anyone call Teslagate yet?

Hey, I remember you. A blast from the past - I am feeling very sentimental about you - in a good way I think... Anyway, no idea what you are talking about. I have given 1500 ratings here - you got my 4th disagree.

I cannot fin myusernames post you quoted even after a search. Maybe it was censored. Oh the irony here these days. Personally I thought it was a great post. It saying I agree.,,but good post.

Makes sense as they seem to be more level headed - yes, even Gali - than some of the crazy things that got tweeted. They also just confirmed they didn’t write any tweets for Third Row.

Twitter

Twitter

A quarrel with Fred of Electrek seems to the direct cause for the break up, but this must have been smoldering for some time already.

Twitter

Feels like a relevant subject for this thread as Third Row Podcast interviewed Elon twice and he is constantly reacting to their tweets.
Good for them. I like both guys and Third Row's Twitter is just too toxic with attacks on Fred. Serves no positive purpose.

I say this as someone who has cooled on Fred.

I grew up in a middle-class blue collar family and community at a time when steel mills were a good job. In fact my dad worked in a GM plant. I’ve driven Chevys, Plymouths, Ford (Mustang), Hondas and Toyotas. Dad always had a GM car. After college I worked a full-time job and even did some part time. I’ve lived paycheck-to-paycheck sometimes and have been laid off once before in the past. I don’t think I’m uninformed or uneducated about living in the middle class. To shout in your post in reply to mine and ask me where I get off, well have to say I’ve lost respect for you even though I have enjoyed reading some of your views in the past. This really isn’t the thread any longer that I’d come to enjoy reading these past many months as Tesla’s started its increased production and new models and we all shared in seeing our stock investment grow. It does seem to be an expressed feeling among some of us who find it’s become hostile instead. I guess nothing lasts forever but hopefully Tesla continues to thrive.

Ummm, I didn't "shout in my post". I merely responded normally. You are the one who changed the font to bold. And to be clear, the gist was not that you didn't understand the middle-class, it was that you assumed that the Model 3 and Model Y would have trouble selling in this environment since they were not the kind of cars that anyone but middle-income people would be very interested in. It's my observation that these cars of often purchased by people that could easily afford more expensive cars. If anything, I was indicating your lack of familiarity was with the habits of the economically advantaged. The Models 3 and Y have broad appeal even as you go above the middle-income buyers.

Mo money mo problems. These Social media Tesla shareholders are getting big headed. They all need to relax, focus on their life, enjoy their Tesla’s and let the company execute. Let Musk be the politician right now, attacks from the media are not new, and as far as I’m concerned they do a terrible job controlling the FUD (Except Vincent On China)

Last year all Tesla’s were ticking time bombs and 220 was a good share price. Now we are in a pandemic/bear market/recession at 800 a share and everyone wants to go to 2000 a share already. It’s survive and advance right now boys.

Let Tesla be great! Screw the numbers
But if you do care Frankfurt is at $820 a share

Makes sense as they seem to be more level headed - yes, even Gali - than some of the crazy things that got tweeted. They also just confirmed they didn’t write any tweets for Third Row.

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

Just curious - do you know who runs the 3rd Row twitter? I know a handful of people are affiliated with 3rd Row, but I don't know who runs the twitter; I thought I read at one point that it was an intern, but couldn't tell if that was legit or a joke.

Ummm, I didn't "shout in my post". I merely responded normally. You are the one who changed the font to bold. And to be clear, the gist was not that you didn't understand the middle-class, it was that you assumed that the Model 3 and Model Y would have trouble selling in this environment since they were not the kind of cars that anyone but middle-income people would be very interested in. It's my observation that these cars of often purchased by people that could easily afford more expensive cars. If anything, I was indicating your lack of familiarity was with the habits of the economically advantaged. The Models 3 and Y have broad appeal even as you go above the middle-income buyers.

Your right I intentionally bolded your sentence where you told me “how did I get off” saying what I did, to call attention to it. I believe your all caps words were shouted.

As for not having a view of the economically advantaged, pretty much living there now decades later. We could have afforded a Benz or Porsche costing more than our Teslas. I get the concerns of the workers while being a shareholder and wanting to see Elon and Tesla do well. I will add that Elon has always said he wanted to make exciting EVs that more people could afford, which I think the Model 3s and Model Ys were part of that plan.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Just curious - do you know who runs the 3rd Row twitter? I know a handful of people are affiliated with 3rd Row, but I don't know who runs the twitter; I thought I read at one point that it was an intern, but couldn't tell if that was legit or a joke.

I believe Omar (@Tesla_truth) writes most of those tweets.

Alameda County appears to have ulterior motives for not to allow manufacturing to reopen:

EDIT: Now appears that Alameda County has begun the week-long process of BLINKING (even the blink of an eye takes an eternity for bureaucrats). o_O

View attachment 541246

Now I wonder how the MMM will spin this tomorrow - as Alameda county folding and Musk winning? More likely they will depict him as a bully who got his way against the poor Alameda county officials. Will the market see through the spin and give credit to Musk where it is deserved? Stay tuned for the next episode of this epic saga...

• Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger