Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just quickly browsed through the Third Row Twitter account.

Whoever is running that has way too much time on his/her hands and is extremely immature.
I think it has a bit of the same vibe to it like the Tesla Twitter account used to have some times. You know, the funny immature banter.

In light of the recent Fred hit piece I'm not surprised by it's reaction.

Apparently the health Department won a major concession from Tesla when Tesla agreed that employees will have their temperature checked before getting on buses headed to the factory.

I kid you not!
The articles coming out this morning are “Tesla’s fight with Alameda County is coming to an end”

It was a long and hard fought war (many a hours) But it looks like everyone got what they wanted. Now we trust Musk to take care of his peoples and all will be right with the world.

I think it has a bit of the same vibe to it like the Tesla Twitter account used to have some times. You know, the funny immature banter.

In light of the recent Fred hit piece I'm not surprised by it's reaction.

Calling someone "a piece of *sugar*" and "asshole", and saying people shouldn't expect "professionalism or "maturity" from a <6 months old podcast, is not funny banter imo.

Whoever is running that is all over the place.

Calling someone "a piece of *sugar*" and "asshole", and saying people shouldn't expect "professionalism or "maturity" from a <6 months old podcast, is not funny banter imo.

True, but I'm not sure if the podcast account went to name calling before Fred's hit piece.

But at least they're not the twitter account of an elected CA assemblywoman.

When I first got twitter, I followed that handle. I very quickly unfollowed it because it was not "funny" immature, like how Overlord Musk posted about wearing light up sneakers, but it was just 'young boy' immature. Rude, reactive, and made crude jokes at the expense of others. I was frankly surprised that it was as such, since the make up of Third Row seemed to be fairly up and up from the podcasts I've seen.

May be true, but IMO they are not wrong on this. (Not getting into details as that's way off topic for this thread).

As someone pointed out on Electrek: thirdrowtesla has had a close relationship to Elon nowadays. He's been on 2 of their podcasts, and I'm pretty sure they get fed a lot of insider information (like the suit Tesla filed over the weekend). I'm pretty sure Elon feels the TRT people more than Fred or Seth. Fred and Seth's twitter posts aren't pretty either since the hit piece.

Just quickly browsed through the Third Row Twitter account.

Whoever is running that has way too much time on his/her hands and is extremely immature.

Ditto.
As @Right_Said_Fred points out, it's definitely on topic for this board, because they interact with Elon constantly on Twitter and this is not good for their mental health (they crearly enjoy too much to be in his shadow) and him (because he's human and if everyone agrees with you all the time clouds your judgment).

I stopped reading Electrek at least one year ago, I didn't like how many articles Fred wrote per day, they where sometimes FUD and other times just trivial, clickbaity and all.

But his recent Oped has some valid points, and reading about the feud with ThirdRowTesla and Vincent has been informative.
I stand with him on this one, at least he's providing details and debunking some "fake news" from ThirdRowTesla.

Elon's ego it's already big as it is (only a ego like his could accomplish the things he did, so I understand the advantages),
and Twitter is a very, very shallow and imperfect medium for reasoned discourse.
If your interactions are just with trolls and yesmen things can't go well, it's too polarizing and I don't know anyone on Earth who could remain level-headed all the time.
Reasoned critics are good for Elon too.

Last edited:
May be true, but IMO they are not wrong on this. (Not getting into details as that's way off topic for this thread).

I wasn't taking Electrek's side either. I haven't visited Electrek in over a month, and never visit unless linked to it.

I was simply commenting on the Third Row Twitter account, which, like I said, seems to be run by an immature person with too much time on his/her hands.

Ditto.
As @Right_Said_Fred points out, it's definitely on topic for this board, because they interact with Elon constantly on Twitter and this is not good for their mental health (they crearly enjoy too much to be in his shadow) and him (because he's human and if everyone agreeswith you all the time clouds your judgment).

Elon's ego it's already big as it is (only a ego like his could accomplish the things he did, so I understand the advantages),
and Twitter is a very, very shallow and imperfect medium for reasoned discourse.
If your interactions are just with trolls and yesmen things can't go well, it's too polarizing and I don't know anyone on Earth who could remain level-headed all the time.
Reasoned critics are good for Elon too.

I don't think Elon is swayed by this, and he's probably aware of it. Elon reasons by first principles, so anything anyone (including Third Row) says to him goes through his "does this make sense" filter.

Elon is also somebody who understands the difference between positive feedback and negative feedback, and understands that the latter is much more useful, provided it is constructive and accurate.

I stopped reading Electrek at least one year ago, I didn't like how many articles Fred wrote per day, they where sometimes FUD and other times just trivial, clickbaity and all.

But his recent Oped has some valid points, and reading about the feud with ThirdRowTesla and Vincent has been informative.
I stand with him on this one, at least he's providing details and debunking some "fake news" from ThirdRowTesla.

I haven't read the op-ed, and I'm not really interested in either Third Row nor Electrek.

The time I visit Electrek is when it's the source of material TSLA/Tesla information, and the only time I watch Third Row, is if I believe the guest(s) are interesting regardless of what type of questions will be asked, which thus far has only been Elon, ex-Autopilot engineer, and Elon + Sandy.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I don't think Elon is swayed by this, and he's probably aware of it. Elon reasons by first principles, so anything anyone (including Third Row) says to him goes through his "does this make sense" filter.

Elon is also somebody who understands the difference between positive feedback and negative feedback, and understands that the latter is much more useful, provided it is constructive and accurate.

I haven't read the op-ed, and I'm not really interested in either Third Row nor Electrek.

The time I visit Electrek is when it's the source of material TSLA/Tesla information, and the only time I watch Third Row, is if I believe the guest(s) are interesting regardless of what type of questions will be asked, which thus far has only been Elon, ex-Autopilot engineer, and Elon + Sandy.

The oped shows that Elon replied with an "Interesting"
to the "scoop" by TRT that Gonzalez received donations by Big Oil.
Which is true, but she received much more money by other groups, like Unions. So it's an half lie to make her a shill of Oil interests (which could be still be true, but I like the Fred's take better, I encourage you to read it).
Not sure if Elon's tweet was just complimentary, but we can't expect that he does fact checking of every tweet he reads, he's too busy for that.
Nobody always question everything he reads, especially on Twitter.

Considering Fremont is back open since Sunday, a profit for Q2 is definitely still possible. If they can get some cars over to Europe, they can still collect on some fca credits. They also have fsd revenue recognition and operating costs will be lower since a majority of their workforce has been on furlough for a month and a half. Also probably going to see rapid model y margin expansion this quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if they use any and all one time items to boost profitability since they know S&P is on the table

That is my thinking also.. one reason Elon pushed so hard to open a few weeks earlier. One huge reason to do this, no matter what. :) And - he get free PR and new fans on the far right.

Reactions: GSP
The oped shows that Elon replied with an "Interesting"
to the "scoop" by TRT that Gonzalez received donations by Big Oil.
Which is true, but she received much more money by other groups, like Unions. So it's an half lie to make her a shill of Oil interests (which could be still be true,
Even if it was only 1%, it was still a considerable amount of money. I'm not sure how normal such bribesdonations are.

but I like the Fred's take better, I encourage you to read it).
It's still a hit piece, written by Fred so it doesn't feel enticing or exciting. Now, that might also be because of ESL, and I suffer from the same problem so maybe it's understandable.

Apparently the health Department won a major concession from Tesla when Tesla agreed that employees will have their temperature checked before getting on buses headed to the factory.

I kid you not!
Humm, forget 3-D chess, Elon studies Battle Chess (and the art of programming reviews) and used the reverse Duck defense: New Programming Jargon

I'd like to believe that, and there are many reasons to believe so. But I feel his judgement was a bit clouded when he tweeted no more new cases by end of April...

That is NOT what he Tweeted.
What he did write (in response to China having no new domesticity sourced cases):
"Based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April"
Twitter

Come on people, Googling to verify a quote is not rocket surgery.

That is NOT what he Tweeted.
What he did write (in response to China having no new domesticity sourced cases):
"Based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April"
Twitter

Come on people, Googling to verify a quote is not rocket surgery.
Potato, potato. Either case he was far off :)

You and I both are happy that COVID is so low in Hawaii, but my point is that when you deny people the right to work you need to muster up the resources to get the unemployment checks mailed. That didn't happen. Numbers are so low on the populous islands that shops can safely open again, but that hasn't happened yet. Further, none of the COVID tests that will be presumably given to tourists before they arrive are 100% effective. COVID will be reintroduced to the islands once tourism opens again this summer. There's a reasonable middle-ground where the economy can start opening without threatening the number too much, and that hasn't happened. What we're seeing instead is people dropping many of their best precautions because the numbers are so low now and businesses still shut down.

The problem is there are a lot of people (usually on the left) who think the economy is magik. That we can have an advanced affluent society where everyone earns $100,000+ per year making craft Avocado toast, crochet scarves on Etsy, and do-nothing government administrative jobs and no one has to get their hands dirty actually making the things that provide the bedrock of a real affluent society.

A lot of states are setting themselves up for massive Grapes-of-Wrath style population exoduses if they overplay their shutdowns.

I truly think states like NY, IL, and CA will lose over a million people each in a very short amount of time as economic refugees flood outward.