Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The RoRo ship in SF is loading and now scheduled to be in South Korea on June 6. Seems to make more sense to ship cars there first since they are doing much better than Europe against the virus.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...:477999100/imo:9293583/vessel:GLOVIS_COMPOSER

It makes sense, maybe the second ship is for Europe?.

I also noticed people in California are getting Mode Y deliveries scheduled which is not what happens in a typical quarter. I think they are just trying to maximize deliveries and not worry about the typical quarterly delivery schedule or it could be that these are FSD orders and they are making sure they get the highest margins for the deliveries that are possible this quarter.

It was also encouraging to see Rob Maurer’s analysis about 2020 deliveries. Let’s make it a great quarter. Cheers.

Reactions: AZRI11
Meek Mill wants all Teslas :D
D902A4A9-FDC2-4749-ACCC-3B85FAF1F789.jpeg

Reactions: AZRI11 and Tim S
That seems kind of strange if they are trying to salvage Q2. Europe is getting pretty late. Australia maybe?

I think it makes sense because of two reasons.

1. Asia already recovered from Covid19 so the confirmed demand is probably greater and better.
2. I assume these cars were already in a semi finished state when Fremont shut down. I will also assume that there might be some build differences for Asia vs Europe so cannot easily swap them for the European market. Can somebody confirm this assumption?

M

My uninformed opinion - no one is going to submit to another shutdown, and no politician is going to further decimate the economy. This is in the medical community’s court now, vaccine or no vaccine. They will have had 6+ months to prepare.

And the community has had 6+ months to understand the implications of an overwhelmed health care system. Ignoring the recommendations of another shutdown might result in failure of hospitals as seen in Brazil.

And the community has had 6+ months to understand the implications of an overwhelmed health care system. Ignoring the recommendations of another shutdown might result in failure of hospitals as seen in Brazil.

If anything the overwhelmingly majority of communities have had 3 months to understand the implications of an underwhelmed health care system. It is just painful to see these analogies. There's a manic depressive group over in the corona thread. They are in the depressive state right now. Misery loves company.

Turns out TSLA investors aren't as brave or optimistic as you think. It is rather ironic.

Hmm. Some evidence that Elon isn't following the most effective path to fulfill the mission: Electric transportation is disrupting oil consumption, but cars aren't the main disruptor. Or, of course, you can argue that since others are clearly filling those niches that they obviously didn't need Tesla's attention.

Electric scooters had a head start on electric cars. It seems pretty questionable to call the electrification of scooters and other small forms of transportation a better path to the mission when they will never replace the bulk of gas cars that account for the vast majority of CO2 emissions. I also question the biases of an author who felt the need to insert the word "luxury" in the sentence below considering the mode of transport he was speaking about includes ALL EV's like the Bolt and Leaf, etc. What an odd thing to insert there, given the context.

Interestingly enough, scooters and other small-scale forms of transportation are displacing more oil and contributing to positive environmental awareness on a larger scale than luxury electric cars.

Is it impressive how all out Tulsa is going. Filming this was a coordinated effort and must have taken a lot of time.

As propaganda it's very impressively done. It even has me rooting for Tulsa, lol! I think it's as effective as a short propaganda video could be. I use the term "propaganda" only because it's mostly a feel-good video - it doesn't use much in the way of facts to convince that Tulsa is the best choice from a business perspective (with some minor exceptions). Tesla will, in the end, choose the place that's best suited to success and feeling welcomed is a reasonable part of the calculation. They did try to show that it's a nice place to live and that's important for acquiring new talent and retaining old talent.

Personally, I don't have strong feelings where Tesla chooses to expand because Tesla management has a much better handle on the specific requirements and their relative level of importance than I do. I'm very confident they will choose the place that is the most well-suited for the overall success of the company and its mission. This video does help create warm fuzzies but I think warm fuzzies are probably less effective on Tesla's team than just about any team you could assemble, especially considering that Elon will likely make the final determination. On the other hand, it might cause some of those in management to think more favorably of Tulsa and thus prevent them from spreading the vibe within the company that they don't like Tulsa. Overall, I don't see how they could have done much better with it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Since Hertz' bankruptcy was anticipated by analysts, my guess is it won't affect GM stock all that much Tuesday because the likelihood should have already been priced in.

retail investors are less likely to price things like this in imo. certainly the big players will, but the only way retail investors sell is when they become aware of this connection, which could be tuesday, or it could be q2 earnings.