Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, what's more is Max-Pain is $810 for the following 2 Fridays.

However, Max-Pain is $675 in 3 weeks on Fri, Jun 19 (which is a triple-witching Friday - wkly, mthly, qrtly expiries).

I think a lot of those low SP puts are actually reducing margin requirements for high SP Calls, so the 'Max-Pain' calculation is skewed. Here's the graph so you can use the C1 eyeball: o_O

Cheers!

That's a huge volume options day. The weeklies usually have between 150M to 1B on the line, with 2 or 3 strikes within 5% of max pain.

June 19 has 1.5B at max pain going up to 1.7B between the 530 and 800 strikes. Within 5% (my own arbitrary threshold) of max pain, you get a range of 600 to 740. So there's a couple hundred million to be made pushing down from 800 towards 675. That's a big move - I imagine that can't be made without some help from the media :)

I'm also thinking that the more effective mechanism for getting there is to start pushing the stock price down in the week or 2 ahead of the big expiration. H'mm... so much to balance.

Gotta start somewhere for the Roadster Rocket thrusters
Within next 5 Yrs I think Tesla/SpaceX will have a Electric Aeroplane too .. cheers!!

As a Shareholder I am super happy regarding this Cross-Pollination exists.

Didn't think of that, although I don't think it's the case - probably more to do with metallurgy, or installing some battery stuff.

But in any case it's not news, it's just a scum-bag "reporter" trying to stir up trouble/drop the stock price.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Any idea what time for the OI China rant?
some says after hour if bad, noon-ish if non-event. Personally I don't know if it's going to impact Tesla. Apple yes. China doesn't need Apple. With the amount of investment China has put into Tesla I don't know if we're going to be targeted in any retaliation maneuver. I also don't know if the OIC can afford to stir this skittish market beyond a few tough words.

some says after hour if bad, noon-ish if non-event. Personally I don't know if it's going to impact Tesla. Apple yes. China doesn't need Apple. With the amount of investment China has put into Tesla I don't know if we're going to be targeted in any retaliation maneuver. I also don't know if the OIC can afford to stir this skittish market beyond a few tough words.

Tesla is one of the least affected US firms in any turmoil, but the SP will still get dragged-down in the general mess.

Roll-on November...

Reactions: wtlloyd and Thumper
Barron's - 78 minutes ago: Tesla Owns the U.S. Electric Vehicle Market, Analyst Says. Why It Will Own China and Europe Too.

Excerpt:

Tesla picked up a new bull on Thursday evening. Daiwa Securities analyst Jairam Nathan launched coverage of the electric-vehicle pioneer with the equivalent of a Buy rating and a $910 price target.

Nathan writes that Tesla (ticker: TSLA) is "on the cusp of replicating its success in the U.S. EV market to potentially larger markets in China and Europe." New plants are up, or being built, in Shanghai and Berlin, raising manufacturing capacity to about 1.5 million units over the next couple of years.

Didn't think of that, although I don't think it's the case - probably more to do with metallurgy, or installing some battery stuff.

But in any case it's not news, it's just a scum-bag "reporter" trying to stir up trouble/drop the stock price.

Remember another one reporting muddy fields in Shanghai :) they keep missing the gold hidden underneath ;)

Barron's - 78 minutes ago: Tesla Owns the U.S. Electric Vehicle Market, Analyst Says. Why It Will Own China and Europe Too.

Excerpt:

Tesla picked up a new bull on Thursday evening. Daiwa Securities analyst Jairam Nathan launched coverage of the electric-vehicle pioneer with the equivalent of a Buy rating and a $910 price target.

Nathan writes that Tesla (ticker: TSLA) is "on the cusp of replicating its success in the U.S. EV market to potentially larger markets in China and Europe." New plants are up, or being built, in Shanghai and Berlin, raising manufacturing capacity to about 1.5 million units over the next couple of years.

Jairam Nathan Ranked #5,491 out of 6,648, on TipRanks. (a one star, also likes GM for a greater rise)

This might be a fake pump to entice weak longs before they fart it back down to Max pain at the end of the day. Trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of the gullible.

Or just following tech stock trends. My tech stocks are getting similar lifts at the same time. Please people just follow more than one stock so you can stop making up conspiracies.

Or just following tech stock trends. My tech stocks are getting similar lifts at the same time. Please people just follow more than one stock so you can stop making up conspiracies.

You have a mighty rosy view of the world if you believe market manipulators don't have a tight hold on the nads of TSLA on low volume days such as we've seen the last few weeks. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not like we're claiming the moon landing was fake...

You have a mighty rosy view of the world if you believe market manipulators don't have a tight hold on the nads of TSLA on low volume days such as we've seen the last few weeks. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not like we're claiming the moon landing was fake...

It's fine to speculate why the stock is doing x, y and z if it deviates from the broader market but it's not helpful for anyone to interject such speculation when it's not needed.