Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, this is a common tactic of all politicians.

Markets look relatively flat overnight and futures just slightly in the red.

To be sure, one thing the economy doesn't need right now is further political/trade shenanigans and we need our economies back (as in real economies, not share prices rising...)
Agreed. The problem is that the economy should be measured by how people are actually doing (average disposable income adjusted for inflation), not the stock market prices.

Can someone explain to me why this would merit a CNBC news story, it's of zero interest to anyone, even us.

Gotta start somewhere for the Roadster Rocket thrusters
Within next 5 Yrs I think Tesla/SpaceX will have a Electric Aeroplane too .. cheers!!

As a Shareholder I am super happy regarding this Cross-Pollination exists.

The first Supercharger in North Dakota is finally OPEN for business in Fargo!!!
594D04BD-A809-4E8D-A596-E7E355756BD6.jpeg

Can someone explain to me why this would merit a CNBC news story, it's of zero interest to anyone, even us.

There is a chasm between the misinformation spread by my many and the true reality of Tesla capabilities and technologies. I believe it falls to the owners of Tesla products and the owners of TSLA to tell their best story. The link between Tesla and SpaceX is significant and merits explanation. And yes, I for one choose to tell the best story I can, I’m interested.

America’s partisan divide is the line in North America where the rivers of common sense flow in opposite directions.

JB Leonard

U.S. savings rate hits record 33% as coronavirus causes Americans to stockpile cash, curb spending

Ark Invest founder Cathie Wood, who manages $15 billion in assets for clients, said consumers will lead the economy out of this downturn, making up for the months they weren’t able to spend. This theory is consistent with V-shape recovery, where activity returns as fast as it evaporated
I think, just my opinion here, not a statement of fact, that hinges on the job outlook. Consumers are saving because of the high unemployment. If jobs don't come back, they'll continue to save. Of course there's a minority who will hit Vegas and go on cruises nonetheless but I think the vast majority will want to wait and make sure they still have a job before spending. I think the wave of bankruptcies have just begun. Even if people don't lose their job, if they see enough people around them losing their job, that'll still hold them back. I'm seeing firsthand businesses closing and layoffs. Personally I am doing better financially than ever but I'm not spending because of the risks. I did a survey on about 200 people and the vast majority of them said they'll save. This is a game of chicken and egg and Congress needs to step in to encourage spending. Stim checks will just go straight into savings if the there's no job but we need job to stimulate spending to stimulate job creation. For some reason, household debts have increased over the last decade at the same time household saving rate also increased. Anyone care to explain why we borrowed so much if we were saving more and more? The velocity of money has decreased which is why the Fed had to keep QE going on. This time around QE is still not trickling down to the consumer level. Banks are making it way harder to get a mortgage, loan, credit card, etc... for 2 months straight I have not received any credit card preapproval letter in the mail. They're going into a defensive position. We might have a deflationary recession and the Fed doesn't seem to be very effective at preventing it while equity valuation keeps going up.

Last edited:
Short straddle at 805?
Yeah, what's more is Max-Pain is $810 for the following 2 Fridays.

However, Max-Pain is $675 in 3 weeks on Fri, Jun 19 (which is a triple-witching Friday - wkly, mthly, qrtly expiries).

I think a lot of those low SP puts are actually reducing margin requirements for high SP Calls, so the 'Max-Pain' calculation is skewed. Here's the graph so you can use the C1 eyeball: o_O

TSLA.Open-Interest.2020-06-19.png

Cheers!

Yeah, what's more is Max-Pain is $810 for the following 2 Fridays.

However, Max-Pain is $675 in 3 weeks on Fri, Jun 19 (which is a triple-witching Friday - wkly, mthly, qrtly expiries).

I think a lot of those low SP puts are actually reducing margin requirements for high SP Calls, so the 'Max-Pain' calculation is skewed. Here's the graph so you can use the C1 eyeball: o_O

View attachment 545924

Cheers!

There are also a lot of old bankruptcy puts.

Last edited:
OT

I haul cars it definitely not wasting time to TSLA pilot. I can load 11 units in an hour or 1.25 hrs depending how far the units are away that I have to walk to. If the units are pulled already and parked next to my truck its no longer then 45 mins. So I suppose if the cars could line them selves up behind the truck so someone doesn't have to go find them it would save a considerable amount of time but the car driving itself on the truck? Not even close they move entirely to slow on their own for that to save any time. Not to mention each car would need to know which deck to go on and where to stop so the weight is spread out amoung the axles correctly whether to back on or pull on. Some people are very slow at it i agree tho i noted that on some of the videos posted from Shanghai showing the men strapping the vehicles
That’s why you would have an app. Load the VINs and the app would know every combination of car (S, 3, X, Y) and you would drag the car to the slot you wanted. If it would not work, the app would not let you place it there. Then the car would know exactly what position to be in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger