Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla, Inc. submitted an application under Rule 24b-2 requesting confidential treatment for information it excluded from the Exhibits to a Form 10-K filed on February 23, 2018.

http://ir.tesla.com/static-files/4c34f22a-0f01-49b6-b4e8-9021c31d8a3c

Bears are screaming right now. Explain how this could be bullish/bearish?

It's basically a couple of updated loan agreements from 2018, plus the Panasonic contract which was confidential before as well.

The SEC has granted all of Tesla's requests for confidential treatment of these contracts, so there's nothing to see here.

At first I was a bit worried the stock might take off back to 305-310 level but the usual price action seems to have kicked in. It's just further proof this thing isn't moving until Wall St says it will or until a major investor/company takes a stake to gobble up a large amount of shares of the available float out there. Will be adding on Thursday.

Btw.....Nio has hit 9 billion market cap....they will do about 400 million in revenue this quarter......Tesla is at 50 billion market cap and will do around 7.3 billion this quarter. Does......not......compute o_O

Edit: Now up to 9.2 billion market cap for Nio….yet Tesla not only has positive gross margins on all of it's vehicles, it has net margin and GAAP profits. Nio has none of that.

Last edited:
Just FYI...
There have been 106 Tesla Model 3's registered in Norway so far TODAY. A total of 454 since deliveries began on 2-13:

Tesla Registration Stats

RT

127 total Teslas today and counting. If today's finished and the last three days of the month equal 127, Feb would end at 971--virtually tying with Nov 2017 as the highest non-quarter-ending month.

Police say officers tried to save the driver but couldn’t open the door because there was not a handle.

Wasn't there some system in place that after crash doors open automatically?

Yes, the doors automatically unlock and present. And the officer's actual statement was that he tried to break the glass, but failed.

Teslas are not the only cars with flush handles, and even if it had failed to unlock and present, there would be no difference between that and any other car whose handles failed to unlock in a crash.

There've been all sorts of ridiculous statements about the crash. Like the woman who said that the "driver was pinned in by the airbags". Which is, of course, physically impossible; airbags have large vent holes in them, and only inflate at all because gas from the explosive charge enters faster than it can escape through the holes. And Tesla doesn't make its own airbags.

The driver was speeding, but the speed hasn't been assessed yet. It was clearly enough to plow straight through multiple palm trees (those fan palms evolved to survive Cat 5 hurricanes... they're packed full of high-tensile fibres and are *extremely* difficult to break).

Last edited:
Yes, the doors automatically unlock and present. And the officer's actual statement was that he tried to break the glass, but failed.

Teslas are not the only cars with flush handles, and even if it had failed to unlock and present, there would be no difference between that and any other car whose handles failed to unlock in a crash.

There've been all sorts of ridiculous statements about the crash. Like the woman who said that the "driver was pinned in by the airbags". Which is, of course, physically impossible; airbags have large vent holes in them, and only inflate at all because gas from the explosive charge enters faster than it can escape through the holes.

The driver was speeding, but the speed hasn't been assessed yet. It was clearly enough to plow straight through multiple palm trees (those fan palms evolved to survive Cat 5 hurricanes... they're *extremely* difficult to break).

Side airbag apparently don't (photo way post crash in the post (click the red arrow)):
After my crash in my Model S, my side airbags did not deflate. They were hard as a rock full of air, and I had to crawl under them to lever the driver door open.

Are they supposed to deflate?

Edit: they (side air bags) can also be configured to assist during roll over:
How Side Curtain Airbags Work

Maybe that specific article, but the news about the crash, fire, etc broke before the markets opened this morning. I've been stamping down FUD about it all day, so I don't see why the story would just spontaneously drop the stock.
I'm sure it didn't. And, if it weren't a Tesla, the "high speed crash killed driver" wouldn't be anything other than local news.

The car swerved through three lanes of traffic, hit a median and some trees and burst into flames, killing the driver, identified by Davie police as Omar Awan.

That could be any vehicle.

Reactions: KarenRei