Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THoughts/Reflections

I hate all the hero worship around here. Members might help you understand, but they are anonymous, human, and all have doubts also. Be your own hero. I am.

I find the " I am leaving here" posts grandiose. By!

Advice to mods is tiring. Start your own damn forum.

" I expect this if that" OMG, enough already. I call it for what it is, HOPE.

Elon on vacation

upload_2020-6-2_9-58-29.png

https://twitter.com/Pslavi/status/1267790588172091392?s=20

I have never been called. On selling puts, is your strategy to sell about where you were called and assume the stock will follow some normal oscillation?

Yes - this is what I do in my trading account, but you rely a bit on single %age moves, nothing too big.

If my shares are called away for $895 then I'll write puts close to that strike, depending on the premium received, taking into account the costs of the trade (broker fee and a small tax %age). All depends how high above $896 we close on Friday (and that's a *if* too), and where the SP lands Monday morning, but the idea is to rebuy the same shares and not lose any money. Might take a few weeks to do that, the risk being that the SP pops too high, but it could also crash down and more shares could be bought than were originally owned.

In any case it is risky.

Next points of resistance should be $917.42 (highest closing price) and after that $968.99 (highest intraday price). If both of these are crossed I'm expecting to see $1,000 within the week.

Assuming hedge fund is still trying to control the price (a bit at least), $1000 all be a hard one to crack given the wall of calls that has sprung-up there in the last 24 hours
upload_2020-6-2_16-28-19.png

NASDAQ, TSLA, AAPL, MSFT, GOOG, AMZN graphs are looking pretty much the same right now. Whatever is happening to TSLA is also happening to others that I have checked.

I saw something similar on my "Infra 2.0" List on Robinhood: Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Twilio, Lyft, Uber, Alphabet, Twitter.

Climate Change List (i.e. solar co's + tesla) haven't seen much solidarity today, but have been all increasing significantly the past 7-days.

...wish I could link to these lists :/.

NASDAQ, TSLA, AAPL, MSFT, GOOG, AMZN graphs are looking pretty much the same right now. Whatever is happening to TSLA is also happening to others that I have checked.

This doesn't look like the end of this crazy market to me, just a shaking out of weak longs before it goes on another tear upwards. That's just a gut feeling based on the way things are moving. A thoughtful, rational person might not expect the market to rally in such times but my experience has been the market will have perplexing rallies during turbulent times and the rally might persist longer than you can fathom.

I like seeing the price pull back just a tad today. The market valuation is generous, so slow steady rise assures that market that the valuation is for real and not too generous.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see Tesla reach a solid $1200 in about 252 trading days (1 year). This implies an average daily gain of just 0.114% or about $1.03 while the stock price is near $900.

So be patient. Time is on the side of long-term Tesla investors.

I like seeing the price pull back just a tad today. The market valuation is generous, so slow steady rise assures that market that the valuation is for real and not too generous.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see Tesla reach a solid $1200 in about 252 trading days (1 year). This implies an average daily gain of just 0.114% or about $1.03 while the stock price is near $900.

So be patient. Time is on the side of long-term Tesla investors.

I gotta say you have some low expectations for Tesla as a company then over the next year. Fair value of Tesla goes up dramatically during Q3. If Tesla executes on Q3 & Q4, then it's likely 1,200 by first month of Q4, 1,500 by first month of Q1 2021.