Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excerpt:

The Model Y's appeal as a driving machine -- its fierce, velvety acceleration, deep-pile powertrain isolation, the absence of friction and stiction, under load and under braking -- is partly born of discontent with the current generation of stammering gassers (see above), all with herky-jerky, multimodal drive programs. From now until about 2030, and irrespective of what the U.S. federal government decrees, global car makers will be shrinking, hybridizing and digitizing their gas-powered engines until they vanish altogether. The endgame of petroleum will be a decade of dizzy, overtaxed turbo four-cylinders, cutting off and on at stop lights, shuddering like washing machines.
Thanks. Wow. Almost made me want to subscribe to the Rupert Rag just to have read that paragraph, but... no.

More details on Tesla vans:

1) Elon hinted about van development in November 2018.

2) Conservative assumptions suggest $9B annually in potential van sales, according to Steven.

3) Vans are the last major vehicle market for Tesla to target, and much larger than the pickup truck market, according to another observer.

Good reason for Elon not to pick fights with Jeff of Amazon. :confused:

Good reason for Elon not to pick fights with Jeff of Amazon. :confused:

Yeah, I find it really lame that these stratospherically rich individuals, who are obviously very smart and capable, feel the need to take chunks out of each-other in public.

I often day-dream about what could be achieved if they found some common ground and used their combined skills and wealth to so something amazing.

Note, however, that my other day-dreams centre around certain aspects of female anatomy...

Yeah, I find it really lame that these stratospherically rich individuals, who are obviously very smart and capable, feel the need to take chunks out of each-other in public.

I often day-dream about what could be achieved if they found some common ground and used their combined skills and wealth to so something amazing.

Note, however, that my other day-dreams centre around certain aspects of female anatomy...

Their paws?

These were 5 calls I sold when the SP was $805, so I didn't get a huge premium for them, but enough to buy 4 more core shares. I chose that strike as I thought it was safe, but still gave a decent premium, but with $TSLA you never know :D

Right on man, that's awesome. I sold some $900s too early as well. Happy with the premium, but kicking myself for not having a working crystal ball that told me we would be touching $900 and waiting until then. ;-)

Does anyone know how closely the proposed design mirrors GF1? Tesla may be able to really crank these factories out if there is more/less a GF template they can apply worldwide.

I would expect Tesla's factory designs to be like their cars - reiterative improvements every generation. It's what sets Tesla apart from the rest, those that only give lip service that they strive for continuous improvement. Tesla actually knows what it means and how to actually do it.

Right on man, that's awesome. I sold some $900s too early as well. Happy with the premium, but kicking myself for not having a working crystal ball that told me we would be touching $900 and waiting until then. ;-)

I sold most of mine too soon as well. And most people here probably consider me one of those people who is too bullish for their own good. Not true, I would be doing even better if I was even more bullish.

This illustrates the point I made earlier - that with Tesla, the most bullish tend to make the most profit.

I sold most of mine too soon as well. And most people here probably consider me one of those people who is too bullish for their own good. Not true, I would be doing even better if I was even more bullish.

This illustrates the point I made earlier - that with Tesla, the most bullish tend to make the most profit.

I bought amazon late at $700 and still own the stock.
And frankly the amazon valuation has never made sense.

Well it’s a Friday, meaning weekly TSLA options expire. TSLA trading volume is thin today, making it easier for the big option writers to manipulate the share price to allow retention of option premiums. It appears that the $880 strike is the most reasonable for them to defend. So far today that has marked a triple top. Of course news or more legitimate interest could upset their plans.

We'd all be happy if we had crystal balls, although jogging would then become as dangerous as motorsports...

But yeah, it's easy to look back and say "what if", for these calls and puts, I harvest on average $6k per week and when you do that week -in, week out, it adds up.

Remember, kids, 80% of options expire worthless, OTM... the odds are stacked in favour of the writers... LEAPS are an exception, especially so for us, who know Tesla inside-out and appreciate when the stock has been disconnected from reality - this is the time to buy calls...

This comment is not specifically in regards to Tesla, but does anyone believe potential loan defaults are nothing to worry about later this year when the extra unemployment payments and loan deferrals are up, in addition to everything else that happens in the background. Seems like many are ignoring it or don’t believe it will become an issue. Or will the printing press just continue running non-stop to further delay any possible sign of distress?

Reactions: Drumheller
Well it's based on the fact that we've been kept in a trading channel by Citadel Capital for month of May... Plus I want to increase my core shares, so I sell (normally) safe covered calls against them, and buy more shares with the premium. I absolutely do not want my core shares to be called away, but I'm happy to take advantage of the manipulation.

My trading account is another matter and considering it was at $3k in September and is now $225k, I think some of my choices have been quite OK :D

GJ,

Some people are more suitable at selling options than others and it is a perfectly fine strategy.

1.6 volatility was a historic moment. Options writers were basically printing money.

Another thought looking back at the daily chart. I remember the morning of February 4th very well - frantically trying to lock in the sale of short term calls, brokerage app slow to respond, because we were trading at what felt like a sky high valuation in the high $800s / low $900s.

And now here I sit, watching the stock trade around those same levels, just another day. And I know I'm not alone - which is why I wouldn't be surprised if we break ATH the next time it's tested (though I wouldn't be surprised at another bounce off of it either). Separate and apart from the fundamentals of the business, I think the stock price itself, being where it's at, lends an air of legitimacy to its valuation and gives buyers the confidence they need to pull the trigger.

Pardon the ramblings.

GJ,

Some people are more suitable at selling options than others and it is a perfectly fine strategy.

1.6 volatility was a historic moment. Options writers were basically printing money.

Agreed, that was a once-in-a-lifetime trade and although I did really well out of it, with a little more experience I would be retired now.

But I'm not complaining either, as long as one learns from such experiences...