Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 2017 I've transferred some investments to $TSLA and put any excess cash into $TSLA. Sometimes when I want to buy something I'll ask myself "would I rather have that widget or another couple $TSLA shares?", then go buy the shares. Well as I continue to work and bring in more money than I wish to spend, I have to invest it somewhere. Since I still don't know a place I'd rather put my money to work, I guess I'll still be buying $TSLA.

I'll admit the comment you are responding to is somewhat biased by my personal situation (retired with a large account and no other income). I can completely see how someone still working with a brokerage account that might not be bigger than even a year's salary might be adding as they went. Makes complete sense.

I'm still struggling with how we get this SP action on a day that might not even top an average volume day? I guess it's small retail investors not willing to wait for a reasonable price? They just want in now.

Clearly I know nothing, but it feels to me like that has to be a positive indicator for future SP movement. Like some of the big institutions thought they'd get in easily at $800 at their leisure and it's now gonna be $1000+.

We'll definitely top average volume. But I'd venture to guess that the reason the volume isn't noticeably higher than average volume is because there's not many sellers to be found. This news was a surprise so brought in some buyers, but still feels like most are waiting on Q2 numbers to act on Tesla, whether buying more or selling some.

Also on a macro level, feels like there's still quite a bit of money sitting on the sidelines that wants to buy but is waiting on a macro level retracement.

This headline showed up in the E*TRADE news feed:

Tesla charges to new highs as CyberTruck production moves forward

I guess CyberTruck better click-bate then Semi :D

Briefing.com as the source—I don’t have a membership so can’t access. Here’s the article:

View attachment 550008

Man, I was super excited hearing Cybertruck production had been moved forward until I realized they are erroneously using the term "Cybertruck" to refer to the Tesla Semi! :(

I'll admit the comment you are responding to is somewhat biased by my personal situation (retired with a large account and no other income). I can completely see how someone still working with a brokerage account that might not be bigger than even a year's salary might be adding as they went. Makes complete sense.
Yup...we are all trying to get where you're at one day :cool::cool:..until then...its buy more TSLA:):):):)

I've bought more in the 400s, 500s, 700s, 800s, and finally at 925.

My personal view on it is my belief or bullishness in Tesla's 2nd half of 2020. I've actually been more comfortable buying tesla at the higher prices than other stocks while the market is near all time highs because I genuinely feel that Tesla's strong Q3 and Q4 will shield tesla investors from any macro drops.

The 2nd part is I have a certain amount, dollar wise, that I want for retirement to generate enough income to replicate my current income. As I have added shares, my target share price for Tesla has dropped to reach that goal. Granted even though the target share price is lower now, I probably won't sell at that target share price. But its nice to know that for me to hit my goal Tesla only needs to double from here instead of triple ;)

I've bought more in the 400s, 500s, 700s, 800s, and finally at 925.

My personal view on it is my belief or bullishness in Tesla's 2nd half of 2020. I've actually been more comfortable buying tesla at the higher prices than other stocks while the market is near all time highs because I genuinely feel that Tesla's strong Q3 and Q4 will shield tesla investors from any macro drops.

The 2nd part is I have a certain amount, dollar wise, that I want for retirement to generate enough income to replicate my current income. As I have added shares, my target share price for Tesla has dropped to reach that goal. Granted even though the target share price is lower now, I probably won't sell at that target share price. But its nice to know that for me to hit my goal Tesla only needs to double from here instead of triple ;)
Dont worry, your target of $2800/share will happen eventually :)

I saw this last night and was excited, but said, nah I'll wait until tomorrow to post, lol
View attachment 549932

Just putting this thi the permanient TMC record, since pictures of text aren't searchable: (w. link to original tweet)

BillWright @BillWri90307793
Replying to @Franco_Grisafi1

No. Think bigger. With more wheels.
10:34 PM · Jun 9, 2020​

https://twitter.com/BillWri90307793/status/1270575006494322688

This is where proper moderation and forum structure comes into play. A troll like Knightshade shouldn't even be debating the ability of EV technology to scale globally because it's clear OT to the thread. If this kind of thing were in a technical corner of the board, you don't have nearly as many trolls or a hard time dealing with them.

Not to put a damper on our fun today....
I again recommend the Ignore button. Saves time scrolling.